Elizabeth Smart has been found

This is like a miracle! How wonderful that this story has a happy ending instead of a tragic end. It has given me such a lift in my heart, I cannot begin to imagine the elation her family is feeling right now.

Wow, I have the BIGGEST chill right now.

What great news.

OMG, that's great!! You hardly ever hear of these situations ending like this. I guess you can never give up hope!

That is such great news. The news just said that there is supposed to be a press conference soon.

Just a week or two ago there was something on TV (AMW?) that there were wanting to talk with Emmanuel in connection with her disappearance. Hopefully that is what helped find her.

WOW!! I can just imagine how excited her parents are.

Incredible!

But don't forget Richard Ricci was pretty much tried and convicted of this crime in the media and died in prison. I can imagine his wife is greatly reliefed that Elizabeth is safe and hopefully her husband's name is cleared.

What a true blessing!!!!

I pray that she will be able to put all of this behind her without too much trama.

I'm so glad she has been found and is safe! I just hope hope hope she didn't go through 9 months of hell. Being gone that long is almost like coming back from the dead because I'm sure her parents were starting to come to some acceptance that she might not come home. I hope she hasn't been through very much. :(

I remember when she dissapeared someone here showing a family photo of them on Castaway Cay and I just keep thinking I'm so happy they can all can take another picture like that again soon. Hooray!

I just saw this news!!! It's truely amazing! I pray that the hell she has gone through can be forgotten.

This was on abcnews.com on Feb3....I didn't know that there was another "handyman" involved...great news.

New Reward
Girl’s Family Asks for Information to Exhonerate Suspect
The Associated Press

S A L T L A K E C I T Y, Feb. 3 — The family of Elizabeth Smart announced a new reward today for anyone with information that can exonerate Richard Ricci, the top potential suspect in their daughter's kidnapping.

"Basically what we are doing is we are asking for anyone out there that truly knows that Richard Ricci was not involved to come forward and give us verifiable evidence that he was not," said Ed Smart, the missing girl's father.
Ricci died last August after suffering a massive brain hemorrhage at the Utah State Prison, where he had been serving time on a parole violation.

He was never charged with the abduction, but Salt Lake Police Chief Rick Dinse called him the top potential suspect in the case.

Another Suspicious Handyman

The family today also discussed and released a sketch of another handyman that had worked around the home. Elizabeth's sister says the man they knew only as "Emanuel" may bear a resemblance to the man who took 14-year-old Elizabeth from their room that June night.

"We had come across him downtown as he was asking for money. He was given $5 and asked if he needed some work. And he came up to our house the following day and worked in the backyard and helped on the roof," Ed Smart said.

Elizabeth's parents Ed and Lois Smart announced a new reward of $10,000 for anyone with information that Ricci was not involved in the kidnapping. The Smarts said the information would be evaluated by a committee of three police detectives and three FBI agents who are familiar with the case.

Elizabeth was seized early on the morning of June 5 in front of her 9-year-old sister, Mary Katherine, by a gunman who may have gotten into the house by cutting a window screen near the back door. As the younger sister pretended to be asleep, the gunman threatened to hurt Elizabeth if she didn't keep quiet.

A $250,000 reward for Elizabeth's safe return remains in place, offered by the Smart family. Anyone with information is asked to call 801-799-INFO.

Thank God!! This is why I believe in miracles... God bless her and her family... Give them strength to get through what is coming next!!

Witnesses said Smart was wearing a wig, sunglasses, a blue overcoat and something resembling a veil or pillowcase. The older couple "was calmly talking to police," said witness John Ferguson.

Police were tipped to Elizabeth's whereabouts by a caller who saw her with two other people pass a billboard with her picture on it identifying her as a missing person.

Got that off the CNN site, oh the press confrence is starting, bye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter