Elizabeth Smart has been found

Thank goodness!!!! what wonderful, wonderful news!! :) :) :) :)

Kudos to the police officers who didn't give up looking; to the media for working with them; and to the citizens who spotted the kidnappers and tipped off the police. . . bless them all!!

Truly a miracle; I sure never expected she'd found alive. . . so great to see some happy, wonderful news for a change!!! :):) :)

What wonderful news! I can't imagine how her family must feel.

I just can't stop crying. This has been such a huge part of all our lives here in Utah for so long. Its just a miracle.

They said Lois (Elizabeth's mom) hired this man to work on their home when she saw him with a "will work for food" sign. What horror came to their family as a result of her trying to do good and help someone supposedly in need.

They will have a long road ahead of them now. Everywhere they go, of course, people will stare and even in kindness will want to speak to the family. I just pray people will give them the time they need to help this precious girl and give them their privacy.

Great news. When I heard this on the 5 o'clock news I had goose bumps up and down my body, and tears in my eyes. What a relief for thes family. God bless them. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

This is my first post. But i just had to reply this is the best news. The family must be jumping with joy!!!. :Pinkbounc

Welcome Kim! You picked a great thread to make your first post!

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

I think my husband said it best " It's nice to know that the world still has some good going on". This made his day. He gets to see alot of the negative in the world in his profession, and I have to agree the world just seem like a better place when I heard about this miracle. God bless Elizabeth and her family. And God bless the people who called in when they saw her, instead of ignoring it like most people would have,

" It's nice to know that the world still has some good going on".

My sentiments exactly minnieandmickey.

But don't forget Richard Ricci was pretty much tried and convicted of this crime in the media and died in prison. I can imagine his wife is greatly reliefed that Elizabeth is safe and hopefully her husband's name is cleared.

This is true, but remember, he was in jail when he died on a parole violation. The authorities still aren't sure if he was involved or not.

I was overwhelmed with joy this morning when DW Sue told me the news. I worked very late into the night yesterday and had been away from internet and TV, so I hadn't heard the news. What a blessing that Elizabeth has been returned to her parents.

I think the main deal concerning Richard Ricci was that the family believes the police to some extent locked in on him as a suspect and spent too much time trying to prove it was him even after he died, and not enough time pursuing other leads. . .

From what I caught on the news it seems the youngest daughter recalled just this past October the name "Emanuel" which is what the guy who kidnapped Elizabeth went by. . and the family felt that the police didn't take it seriously enough and they had to get the info out about him being the possible kidnapper on their own. . they seemed to make a point of thanking the media for helping them do that more then they did the police. .

Not sure if that's fair of them or not. . . my guess is when a family is dealing with something that horrific nothing is going to seem like enough no matter what the police did. .

Just thank God she's home and alive. . . :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter