Entertaining non-character TS

I am trying to get this for dinner. What do they do that is so unique? TIA :)
My experience was not entertaining. The food was good, but the server just told a couple of jokes without much enthusiasm. Maybe it was because we were there so late.

The servers are supposed to tell jokes like on the Jungle Cruise, but sometimes I think it depends on how much of an entertainer you get for a server.

I noticed no one mentioned Ohana. I think I read that they got rid of the entertainer who used to be there. We really enjoyed him. They did a little hula lesson and that was fun. Nothing at Ohana dinner now?

Raglan Road in Disney Springs offers fun entertainment - live music and Irish dancers. Kids are invited up on stage periodically to learn the dances. It can get very loud but we’ve always had a great time.

I noticed no one mentioned Ohana. I think I read that they got rid of the entertainer who used to be there. We really enjoyed him. They did a little hula lesson and that was fun. Nothing at Ohana dinner now?

A lady, who we adored, used to sing and play the ukulele at Ohana, I don’t believe she performs there now. When we were there in September, a male entertainer did coconut races with the kids and gave out leis. I don’t recall him singing or playing an instrument. He was much more low-key than Lipoa, and it seemed like his speakers were set at a low volume. I think Lipoa’s show was more fun than that guy’s, and I wish they’d bring her back.

Nevertheless, Ohana has great atmosphere at night and is an entertaining place to dine when the MK fireworks are playing. :)

So we just tried Sci-Fi for the first time this trip at my 6 year old’s request. We didn’t love it. I think we got it on an off night though. My kids barely touched their food bc they were zoned out at the movies, so we wound up having to buy Mickey pretzels shortly after (that makes me crazy lol!)
Our food took forever, and then they brought out the wrong thing.
Then the bathrooms (all of them) were out of order so to go to the bathroom you had to go outside and walk to the Star Wars ones.
Then to top it off, someone puked all over in front of our car. Idk who because I was out at the SW bathrooms for the second time with the second kid (who insisted he didn’t have to go when I was taking his sister 10 minutes earlier). So as we were eating, there was a maintenance crew cleaning vomit in front of us. Less than appetizing to say the least. The waiter asked if we wanted dessert. That was a big fat NO lol.
To top it off, the 6 year old was apparently scared by some monster movie and wanted to sleep with the lights on all night.

Obviously, I’m sure without all of the above, my experience would’ve played out much differently. A lot of the issues were with my kids and not any fault of the restaurant. And the puking was out of their hands as well. It’ll prob be a while before we give it another shot though lol.

That is just terrible! I am sorry it was such a horrible experience. This place was my kids favorite place to eat when they were younger. I loved it because the AC was always cranked and it made for a great place to take a break from the heat in!

That is just terrible! I am sorry it was such a horrible experience. This place was my kids favorite place to eat when they were younger. I loved it because the AC was always cranked and it made for a great place to take a break from the heat in!
I thought the same thing about the cold and dark! Would be lovely on a hot day!
I realize our night was prob not the norm:) Maybe we will give it another go in a few years...

Hello!
For years we’ve mainly done character meals because my kids loved them! Last summer we ate at Whispering Canyon, and my kids thought it was the BEST.
What other non-character restaurants offer some sort of entertainment value, like WCC? (I’m thinking something fun/interactive- beyond just nice ambiance.)
I have Hoop Dee Doo, T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe on the list already. Am I missing anywhere?
Thanks in advance!
Biergarten!!

just wanted to add my vote for Biergarten in Epcot! The food is great and I loved the band :)

My kids didn't like SciFi. They thought the movies were weird. LOL.

They do love places like Biergarten, 50s Primetime, Beaches and Cream, Boma, Teppan Edo, Rainforest Cafe.
Different strokes I guess....every kid is different. While my son loved SciFi he hated 50's. He doesnt like being scolded. Guess he gets enough of that at home. ha ha. And he thought the theme was just blah. I suppose at his age they just dont find it cool. :confused3 I like it though. Anyway, as I said, different strokes.

Consider Raglan Road, as a PP suggested! The dancers are SO TALENTED.

I'm right there with you looking for special dining experiences without characters. I'm just not sure how much our group would enjoy a character meal. (Side note, I so wish there was a non-character option for CRT!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter