Epcot: Drinking Around the World

ajvaca

Mouseketeer
Hi All

I have planned our second Girl's Trip to Disney for this May and would love to hear people's favorite beverages when "drinking around the world."

Disneydanserr :tinker:

boy only drink in the hotels.

they use to be a big thread on drinking around the world -the best time was during the food/wine festavail - because of the new drinks offer then

come to think of it - I did drink during the f/w in ws.

you must try a grey goose lemon citron slushie from france! and a margarita from the stand in mexico. another good one is the tangeriene daquiri in morroco. oh, everything is so good! can't wait to be there in 2 days!!!

I'll be on my girl trip in 32 days, can't wait to drink and eat my way around the world!!:thumbsup2 I hear they have Rosa Regale in Italy- it's a sparkling dessert wine- VERY yummy!! Soooo good with chocolate!:banana:

I tend to stop in Germany for a Beck's Beer and a shot of Jagermeister. Although I think someone told me they stopped selling Jager. I had my first shot of Goldshlagger there too. Tasted like concentrated cinnamon flavoring from the Big Red Factory. It got the job done though.
I've never been able to finish a true Drinking around the World session. For me it usually ends up as "Drinking around Western Europe".

Lemonciello in Italy!

You know, when I did the drinking around the world, I didn't get that wasted until the v. v. end (thank you scotch sampler at rose and crown). i did take 9 hours to complete the world, but still, I would have thought I would have been a bit more toasted.

That said, I have a friend who used to work down there and they would complete drinking around the world in about two hours...I don't know how they found their way back to the apartment.

Grand Marnier slushies in France

Be careful cus this

252778489_TeagA-M.jpg

can lead to this
278446090_2LH3F-M.jpg

I like a Harp in UK and the Margaritas in Mexico but it is interesting that no matter what side we start on we never seem to make it all the way around- Pace yourself and good luck!

These all sound great...I can't wait to tell my husband. He's worried that he won't get to have any grown up fun while we're at DW.

"Grown Up" fun at Disney is everywhere. A lot of times my friends will talk about how WDW is for kids. I have to stop and think about it for a second. I often forget that the main focus is on kids. I'm too wrapped up in my own fun to even notice all the kids around. It becomes very easy to block all of that out.
As far as grown up fun goes, its great to grab a drink while strolling around. The only park you can't do that at is MK, but even there, I'll take the monorail over to the Polynesian or Contemporary and sit down at the bar before heading back over to the park.
A friend and I spent the day at DisneyQuest a couple of weeks ago. We decided things would be much more fun after a couple of beers. So, we would step outside and have a beer at the HOB outside bar, then come back in for a couple of games. We did that several times and before we knew it, the day was spent.
The point of my story is that if you tend to have more fun after a couple of drinks (and there's nothing wrong with that), there's no shortage of places to get them anywhere across WDW.

I'm a sucker for a margarita in Mexico.....but after reading this.....I need to go to France!

I tend to stop in Germany for a Beck's Beer and a shot of Jagermeister. Although I think someone told me they stopped selling Jager. I had my first shot of Goldshlagger there too. Tasted like concentrated cinnamon flavoring from the Big Red Factory. It got the job done though.
I've never been able to finish a true Drinking around the World session. For me it usually ends up as "Drinking around Western Europe".

True! True! :rotfl: Last trip we did a drink in every other country. But if you get a drink in Germany at Biergarten you might need to skip a couple more. (Have you seen the size of there beers???) Since we are going without kids this trip, it could be pretty scary!:scared1: Going to try a drink in every country, not sure if I will make it to Canada if we start in Mexico with a Margarita??? Also thinking of hoping on the Monorail and doing a drink in all Monorail hotel bars.

BTW, Goldshlagger is the best!!!

I like this thread ! :banana:
That margarita stand in Mexico is popular! Our favorite is the Fiesta Margarita with it's layered flavors.
Next in Germany the Spaten Octoberfest is great, don't know if they have it all year I'm usually there in Oct. Also don't know if they have Franseskaner (sp?) it's also by Spaten and would be a great hot weather beer, really crisp.

They do indeed have Rosa Regale in Italy and they pair it with a piece of dark Chocolate YUMMMM. That one I never miss, and I buy it at home too.

In France go into the wine shop and get a glass of what ever you prefer then take it into the Impressions de France movie. They've never stopped me from taking it in even though they make the usual 'no food & drink' announcement.

Then finally my most recent favorite, go to the podium at LeCellier and tell them you want to get a drink from the bar, they have La Fin Dumonde (sp?) it's a really nice slightly smoky beer. I haven't actually done this just read about it on this board and started buying the beer here, it's our new favorite.

Of course the absolute best way to drink around the world is FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL ! :dance3:
Lynn

Welsh Dragon's at Rose and Crown are very refreshing! I have to stop in every visit and get one to go as I travel around the world.

Canada -- Moosehead, LaBatts, Le Fin Dumond
UK - Harp, Guiness, Bass, Stella
France - 1664
Morocco - Casablanca
Japan - Kirin
US - Sam Adam
Italy - Peroni
Germany - Heffeweissen, Spaten
China - Tsingtao
Norway - Carslberg
Mexico - Dos Equis

I go counter clockwise to keep my equilibrium -- also I very often skip US and Outpost.

FWIW: These are just my personal favorites, by no means a complete list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter