Epcot Element Swap ~ Interest Thread

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Hi Swappers ~ The Epcot Element swap is scheduled for April.. Mickeyteacher has a committment that she has to attend to at home so I offered to take over the hosting....

The sign ups will open: April 22th: 10AM EST
Due date will be: July 1st

Any thoughts on what you would like to see?

I was thinking:
Countries: 2" letters/4" letters
Rides: (no 2" letters)

MT: has the main ideas ready... I will get them and post asap...

UPDATE: Info

1. Choose an open theme (Mexico, Living Seas, Illuminations ~ anything at Epcot).
2. Select ONE element for Groups A - D. Each element should be embellished 2 different ways. Make a Altered Letter for Group E – S.
3. PM me with your DIS name, name and address - only if I have not swapped with you before.
4. Post your status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled.
5. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
6. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
7. HAVE FUN!!

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

I will open up additional groups if there is interest!!!

This is an element / Altered Letter swap.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close) with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this

PrincessNancy96
Nancy A…..
Group A

Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, (for Groups K- N, you may use a quart size bag) and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not. Please mark all bags w/ above information. **Please note on altered letter groups if you wish you could package all the letters into 1 quart size baggie; without having to bag each letter individually.

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after JUNE 27th[note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER June 12th. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors. ** Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)**

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

ELEMENT GROUPS:

Element list:
Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles, mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD, altered letter (matted @ 4" & embellished).
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 photo mats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
3 altered paper clips
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches & embellished

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photo mat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

******Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

1. Choose an open theme (Mexico, Living Seas, Illuminations ~ anything at Epcot).
2. Select ONE element. Each element should be embellished 2 different ways.
3. PM me with your DIS name, name and address - only if I have not swapped with you before.
4. Post your status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled.
5. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
6. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
7. HAVE FUN!!

A Final Note: This swap is a huge commitment of time and money for everyone involved as it takes a significant amount of both to create all of the pages and elements. Having said that, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up for more than you can handle. It is not fair to me or the other participants to expend the time and money to make something for someone who does not reciprocate. We all want everyone to enjoy swapping but we also want you to think about what you are getting into when you sign up.

Last but not least, HAVE FUN! I know we all stress about our work and that is OK. The important thing to remember is that you just need to make something you would be proud to have in your own albums and everyone will love it. If you get stumped or have a question, anyone on here would be happy to help; all you have to do is ask.
GROUPS:

I will start with these groups- but will open other groups as these fill. If you have additional ideas- please let me know.

Check in dates
April 26th ~ verify groups and PM me contact info
May 13th ~ check in #1
June 3rd ~ check in #2
June 17th ~ check in #3 and final call for angels
June 26-29th mailing updates: DUE DATE 7/1
Received by me
:cheer2: Returned to you

Groups A – D will be element groups. Each person will make 1 elements for the topic.

GROUP A-
1. Canada-
2. UK-
3. France-
4. Morocco-
5. Japan-
6. America-
7. Italy-
8. Germany-
9. China-
10. Norway-
11. Mexico-

Group B:
1. Canada-
2. UK-
3. France-
4. Morocco-
5. Japan-
6. America-
7. Italy-
8. Germany-
9. China-
10. Norway-
11. Mexico-

Group C:
1. The Land-
2. Imagination-
3. The Living Seas with Nemo-
4. Space Ship Earth-
5. Illuminations-

Group D:
1. Test Track-
2. Innovations-
3. Mission Space-
4. Soarin’ -
5. Character Spot-

Group E - O: 2" Altered Letters
Group E: 2" Altered Letters:
Canada-(each person takes 1)
C
A
N
A
D
A

Group F:
United Kingdom- (6 ppl take 2 and 1 person has an icon ~ please pick your own 2)

Group G:
France- (each person takes 1)
F
R
A
N
C
E

Group H:
Morocco-(each person takes 1)
M
O
R
O
C
C
O

Group I:
Japan- (each person takes 1)
J
A
P
A
N

Group J:
American Adventure- (9 ppl take 2 and 1 person has an icon please pick your own 2)

Group K:
Italy- (each person takes 1)
I
T
A
L
Y

Group L:
Germany-(each person takes 1)
G
E
R
M
A
N
Y

Group M:
China- (each person takes 1)
C
H
I
N
A

Group N:
Norway-(each person takes 1)
N
O
R
W
A
Y

Group O:
Mexico-(each person takes 1)
M
E
X
I
C
O

Group P: 2" Altered Letters:
World Showcase (2 inch) (6 people will do two letters each and the 7th will do a letter plus an extra goodie)

Group Q: 2" Altered Letters:
Future World (2 inch) (5 people will do two letters each and the 6th will do a letter plus an extra goodie)

Group R: 2" Altered Letters:
Epcot (1 per person)
E
P
C
O
T

Please note: If there is little interest in this currently, we can always push it back to later in the year....

Input would be appreciated!

Ohhhh...I'd like to definitely do the country 2" letters!!! We haven't done them! Maybe one or two single element groups?

I'm interested in group A and C...not sure of anything else at this time!

I'll look through my EPCOT swap box today and see if I "need" anything. I'm sure I'll "need" at least group A and 2" country letters I definately don't have those ;)

Thanks ladies... we can always move it back..

I'm wondering about changing it too.... Group A, and the 2" country letters... make it smaller and then we can do another Epcot swap when the need arises...

I personally am interested in the 2" letters the most....

I would participate however I can't make a June 16th due date. I will be in Italy for 2 weeks and don't get back until June 17th. Looks like fun though so I will watch this thread to see all the wonderful items that are made!

Hanne

I would participate however I can't make a June 16th due date. I will be in Italy for 2 weeks and don't get back until June 17th. Looks like fun though so I will watch this thread to see all the wonderful items that are made!

Hanne

What date works better for you.... I would love to have you participate... I always love your work.... Italy for 2 weeks... that is just awesome!!!

I will probably be sitting this one out since I haven't had the chance to use my pieces from the last time yet. Will be sure to peek and see what stuff everyone has made though.

If you could push back the due date a couple of weeks that would be great. May gets to be busy around here with school projects, soccer and dance recitals. And of course planning for our trip! Thanks for being flexible.

Hanne

If you could push back the due date a couple of weeks that would be great. May gets to be busy around here with school projects, soccer and dance recitals. And of course planning for our trip! Thanks for being flexible.

Hanne

I know how it is.. believe me... talk to me next year when I have one graduating.... I'm trying to prep early! LOL

How does a 7/1 or 7/13 or 7/29 due date work for you???? I have 4-H fair w/ 2 animals starting 7/16- 7/23...

Been in touch w/ Buffy and Cassey, they are both in! LOL

Gotta love texting and finding swappers at the parks!

Hanne

7/1 works fine for me. Thanks!

Hanne

7/1 it is! :)

I'll update the original thread! Thanks for joining!!!!

So, are you touring all of Italy or focusing on somewhere particular?

Group P, Q, R, S is there a need for those? I know I have NOT used mine from last time...

Do we want to focus more on the single elements & then the 2" country letters???

LOL Whatever works to get the participation, right Nan??!! There are several new swappers that were not yet swapping for this one last year...I'm sure they will join, also.

I don't need those groups...and Traci did a few of them in her swap also.

Question....on the single element groups...

Are you taking more than one person per attraction? Like will there be say someone making mats for Nemo, someone making tags, someone making boxes, etc. Or will there be someone making say mats for Nemo, boxes for SE, someone making shapes for Test Track? Just wondering how it will work? If we only get one element per attraction, will it be hard to use? Also, do you mind us signing up for both A & B in seperate countries so we get more than one element back for each country?

I don't need those groups...and Traci did a few of them in her swap also.

Question....on the single element groups...

Are you taking more than one person per attraction? Like will there be say someone making mats for Nemo, someone making tags, someone making boxes, etc. Or will there be someone making say mats for Nemo, boxes for SE, someone making shapes for Test Track? Just wondering how it will work? If we only get one element per attraction, will it be hard to use? Also, do you mind us signing up for both A & B in seperate countries so we get more than one element back for each country?

Hadn't thought about your first questions.. since they are small groups for C & D we could do w/ each ride getting 4 ppl to do whatever element they choose...(it'll give me a few more groups...but I will have to limit them to just those groups, no multiple groups of that section, otherwise it will get too big)...

As for the country groups A & B... you may sign up for both if you would like more than one set... that isn't an issue...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter