• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ethical question about ddp

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADisneyQueen said:
I don't think they would take away 4 credits automatically. What if the kids are in childcare( or with grandparents they are not rooming with) so the parents can go out, or mom and daughter are at CRT while the rest of the family is somewhere else?

Good point. You're probably right. We just never had the option of not having our DD's with us when used the DP last fall, so we just automatically had 3 credits taken every time (our youngest DD was 2 then and not on the plan I don't think).

But I stand by my above point in that you can't use a child's credits to order outside the children's menu.

wow, 2 pages and none of the usuals are here expalining how there is no such thing as child/adult credits. They are pooled and Disney encourages you to use them anyway you want. (yes, I disagree with that statement)

Ahhh..John. :sunny: I think at the moment at least , there is no such thing as a child or an adult credit. So as long as the person ordering the meal is over 9yrs they can get an adult meal with any credit.
But Iam no expert...but this is way I read it.

Its a good job the credits are pooled for my Ds13. :sunny:
He will be classed as an adult..so we payed adult price for him...but 9 times out of 10 he will order from the kids menu.
Won't work out so well for us but I don't mind :teeth:

Yes, kids as young as 9 are classified as "adults" for the DDP. However, at least last fall, kids from, I think, 3-9 were classified as "children" for the DDP.

mickman1962 said:
wow, 2 pages and none of the usuals are here expalining how there is no such thing as child/adult credits. They are pooled and Disney encourages you to use them anyway you want. (yes, I disagree with that statement)

mickman1962,

It only took 3 minutes after your post for one to show up. Not in response to you but there it is. :thumbsup2

BTW I assume that you disagree with the statement that Disney encourages you to use them anyway you want because it is without a doubt that the credits are pooled and that there is no such thing as a child / adult credit only a child / adult patron when ordering.

Pedler said:
mickman1962,

It only took 3 minutes after your post for one to show up. Not in response to you but there it is. :thumbsup2

BTW I assume that you disagree with the statement that Disney encourages you to use them anyway you want because it is without a doubt that the credits are pooled and that there is no such thing as a child / adult credit only a child / adult patron when ordering.

agreed

It is not only unethical it is down right wrong. One person can ruin the DP for everyone and eventually it either will not be offered or the price will drastically increse due to people who try to "beat" the system. Disney is already giving an amazing deal at 35.99 an adult why would you want to take the risk of embarssing yourself and later questioning you ethics and values.

I'm not sure why you're asking this question here. You already know its dishonest and as Lewisc has already pointed out, no-one on these boards can make it ok for you to use these credits in the way you intend.

To answer just this part.........

Will they have a problem if I only have three people at dinner and the card says 3A 1C.......DONT FLAME ME ,

This in itself isn't a problem at all. On our last trip, we weren't all always there, so they don't look for that exact number..if that makes sense. DH and I went out alone, and our card had 2A, 2C on it. Once we had just one kid, etc.

Letsbgoofy said:
Yes, I was being sarcastic. I was hoping that the OP would realize by reading my post how putting a child that is not with you on a reservation to use their meal credits could get out of hand.

I think that putting a real child on the plan, then using all the credits for the adults is really the same thing...but for some odd reason, that is very accepted. Not really talking to you Letsbgoofy, just commenting about this "normal" issue of the dining plan and this thread really is making me think that even doing that is getting out of hand.

OMG, have you not been here long enough to know what the anwer would be to your question. I knew you needed a flame suit the minute I read your post.
That said, just do what you want or feel is right with the plan. :goodvibes

abaldacci said:
OMG, have you not been here long enough to know what the anwer would be to your question. I knew you needed a flame suit the minute I read your post.
That said, just do what you want or feel is right with the plan. :goodvibes

Possibly at the expense of the DVC member he is renting from. That is certainly a nice way to show appreciation to this member for offering great accommidations at remarkable savings.

When DVC points go up to renters or DVC members refuse to book the Dining plan for those that wish to rent, we will remember what started that action.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
I think that putting a real child on the plan, then using all the credits for the adults is really the same thing...but for some odd reason, that is very accepted. Not really talking to you Letsbgoofy, just commenting about this "normal" issue of the dining plan and this thread really is making me think that even doing that is getting out of hand.

Putting a phony person on the reservation borders on fraud. It requires lying to Disney.

How a guest uses their credits, under the terms Disney published, isn't fraud. This is the current brochure. I don't see any reference to adult or child credits. In fact if you ask Disney how many child credits you have left they won't be able to answer you since there is no such thing and the computer doesn't track it.

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/MYWDining.pdf

I'm not sure if a family that plans to use all, or most, of the credits that were charged at the child rate to purchase adult meals, to be consumed by adults are very smart consumers or are greedy. I don't see how anyone can honesetly accuse those people of anything worse than being greedy since they are clearly following the rules.

Sammie said:
Possibly at the expense of the DVC member he is renting from. That is certainly a nice way to show appreciation to this member for offering great accommidations at remarkable savings.

When DVC points go up to renters or DVC members refuse to book the Dining plan for those that wish to rent, we will remember what started that action.

I'm afraid if there is too much fraud, which is really what the OP is proposing, Disney may rethink offering MYW Dining to DVC stays.

The renters name is on the reservation and I believe MS will add dining if the renter calls.

I'm not sure if a family that plans to use all, or most, of the credits that were charged at the child rate to purchase adult meals, to be consumed by adults are very smart consumers or are greedy. I don't see how anyone can honesetly accuse those people of anything worse than being greedy since they are clearly following the rules

Very well said. I'm glad that my son is 16; I don't have to battle that ethical dilema. I think I would feel guilty if I used his credits that I paid $10.99 for on adult meals...but that's just me.

As for putting an extra child on your reservation, I too worry, as a previous poster mentioned, that people who take advantage of the system will ruin it for us all.

Zip-a-dee-dude-da said:
..I know it is not ethical :confused3 but seems to be a good deal

So what's your ethical question? :confused3

"I want to do something unethical. Who will support me?" :confused3

Lots of things are a good deal, like stealing, cheating, lying, etc. but as a society, as a human being, we have to choose not to do them. And of course, from a business standpoint, if this happens often and Disney loses money on this deal, this deal will go the way of the Skyway. :sad2:

I won't flame you, to each his own, but I know I would not enjoy my vacation if I knew I was being deceptive the entire time- it would just nag at my soul and I wouldn't be able to relax.

But as Jiminy Cricket said, let your conscience be your guide. :wave2:

Sammie said:

your reading more into it than it is! how do you know what they are or are not renting and if you rent points I guess you just take that chance :goodvibes

abaldacci said:
your reading more into it than it is! how do you know what they are or are not renting and if you rent points I guess you just take that chance :goodvibes

The OP posted on the DVC board he was renting.

Sammie said:
The OP posted on the DVC board he was renting.

You know Sammie your out of control........I have rented in the past but not this time...I am going with my parents who bought BCV resale......Is that OK with you....

Your the same person who gave me trouble for getting a good deal on rooms for 1.19.......Who are you to question me. I have no real intention of doing what I posted just wanted to know If I could......I rented last dec for 2 days....Ms.nosey pants ......

I would like you to keep out for my business and go start up a PI firm to help disney from being raped from $100's of dollers....Such affection for a company that thinks nothing of charging you 300 plus for a decent sized room and 50 bucks for a tee shirt....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter