Exchangers-Come here and chat with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like nuts? What types do you like, and dislike? How do you like your nuts prepared-honey roasted, chocolate, salted,....?

Well, I think we've established back in November that I really like praline pecans. :rotfl2:
But I also like almonds, walnuts (in small doses) and cashews (only once in a while). I prefer my almonds honey roasted or lightly salted. Walnuts work best in chocolate chip cookies and cashews scream to be covered in carmel & milk chocolate.

Dang, now I'm hungry and I'm supposed to be watching what I eat. Guess I'll be having one those See's candies for breakfast. :rotfl2:

I love nuts! Cashews just plain. Peanuts, plain, covered in chocolate, raw, you name it. Almonds, plain or covered in chocolate. Pecans, in brownies. And I have just recently decided that I really like walnuts, plain or in baked goods. I like other nuts also but those four are my favorites.

One of my favorite memories as a child was to get Spanish Peanuts at the mall. Our local mall was the first one built in the Dallas area. Sadly, it's been torn down. But anyway, there was this bakery that oddly enough also had a selection of nuts and I always chose the Spanish Peanuts over baked goods to eat. They were served warm. Yum!

I love nuts too! My favorite are toffee covered peanuts. Yum. But I also like nuts in things like brownies, or cookies, or chocolate and caramel.

I love lots of nuts! However, I do not particularly care for cashews :confused3 . My top 3 picks are pecans, macadamias, and peanuts :thumbsup2

What type of breads do you like? Do you like to stick to the basic french, white, sourdough breads? Or, do you like ones that have nuts, fruits, and such in them?

What type of breads do you like? Do you like to stick to the basic french, white, sourdough breads? Or, do you like ones that have nuts, fruits, and such in them?

I love bread. I don't think I've met a bread I didn't like. We used to have Big Sky Bread Company by our old house. They made the most unusual combinations of nuts, fruits, cheeses. I loved them.

Panera is good. But they are kinda run of the mill basics now. But their asiago bread & bagels are out of this world. :thumbsup2

I also like the "breads" that are really more like cakes. Zucchini, banana & nut, apple & spice - oh lets not forget pumpkin.

Awe man, you made me hungry again. I'm trying to lose weight, not gain it. :rotfl2:

I'm kind of boring when it comes to my bread. I guess I stick with the basics, like the French, White, Wheat and Sourdough.

Sourdough is my favorite. If any of you have ever been to Disney's California Adventure at the Pacific Wharf Cafe there, they sell these Mickey heads made from sourdough bread.
Looks like this: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=23691970&postcount=467

OMG, I could sit down with some butter and that bread, and just eat that all day. I wouldn't need anything else. :rotfl:

I love bread! I've never met a bread that I didn't like! Well, except for banana bread -- I don't like that.

When they bring a crusty loaf to the table at a restaurant I could eat that alone and forgo the actual dinner. :)

I'm not a real big bread person. Just give me white for sandwiches and wheat for subs. I like cornbread and banana bread.

If you were to go to a pottery class, and were told to make a piece of your choice, what would you make?

I would make a vase. Then after the first firing, when it came time to paint, I'd bring my boys with me. They would put their hand prints on it. I would then paint wavy lines above and below that. Put a date on the top.

Memories to keep always.

Fried mushrooms, fried green beans, fried pickles, fried tomatos, fried onions, fried shrimp, fried oysters, fried chicken livers, fried chicken gizzards, fried potatos. Yum!!

There are many households that eat the same basic meals like meatloaf, hot vegetables, sloppy joes....but as for myself, if I were served these, I would not touch them. So, today's QOTD is-

What basic foods, would you not eat if they were served to you?

To some, collard greens are basic to their meal. I would not eat them if they were served up. But I will eat spinach, go figure.:confused3

There are many households that eat the same basic meals like meatloaf, hot vegetables, sloppy joes....but as for myself, if I were served these, I would not touch them. So, today's QOTD is-

What basic foods, would you not eat if they were served to you?

There's lots I wouldn't eat as I am so picky. But no red meat like steak or seafood of any kind is what instantly comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter