February 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch

Did you try their code 5c13m? It's not much, but might save a few dollars--depends on your arrival/departure time.

Thank you for the suggestion. I used the other minivan code, this one dropped it by a few dollars.

You need to try bidding on priceline and save your $$$

I have tried a number of times with no success. To get a lower rate, I need to bid less than $38/day and they're recomending almost twice that -a $68 bid. :sad1:

The week of Feb 22-Mar 1 is super expensive and you are overlapping with the President's Day week as well. It sounds high but not many of us are seeing anything much better for just 7 days.

I was afraid of that. The length of time we're there, the timing and the fact that we need a minivan are all contributing to the cost. There are 5 of us and my parents will be joining us for a few days, so we need a vehicle big enough for everyone. I feel better though that I'm not missing any deals

The week of Feb 22-Mar 1 is super expensive and you are overlapping with the President's Day week as well. It sounds high but not many of us are seeing anything much better for just 7 days.

I wonder why this week is so busy. I hope that's not an indication of crowd levels of WDW.

We are going Feb 22-March 2. Yes, the rates are crazy. All the crowd calendars look good, so I'm guessing/thinking it's because of the Daytona 500. It's on February 23, and wouldn't most people fly into Orlando? And of course the Princess 1/2 is that weekend too, so the first few days will be busy but should taper off.

Well, this is a bummer. With 12 days left until our trip, prices spiked up quite a bit this morning. You're going the wrong way, prices!!! :worried:

I'm locked in at $190 with Firefly (mid-sized) and $303 for an SUV from Dollar. Dates are 2/22-3/2. Not sure if I should try to bid on Priceline or Hotwire next week. I've never had luck with either of them for a car rental. Great luck with hotels, but not with cars.

I was able to get a rate of $325 (Standard Car w/ Budget) for 2/20 to 3/1 via Costco. That was on Feb. 8. Today I checked and the same vehicle is $350. Not horrible IMHO as I have rented for similar time periods before for right around $275. Much better than the $500 I had up until late last week.

I know all car rental companies have their moments but is there any reason I should avoid Budget? I'm confident in the fact that its onsite at MCO and is a nationally known brand. I typically use Avis, Enterprise or Hertz and have never had issues at MCO with those, but they are all considerably higher as of now.

Most schools in the Northeast have off the week of President's Day for winter break.

Right but I'm talking the week of 2/22-3/1. I'm in the northeast also and our schools don't have the week off.

But it makes sense with Daytona being 2/23 and Mardi Gras, that car rentals would be expensive. I might have to just use a taxi. Does anyone know if taxi's accept credit cards? I never ride in taxis.

Right but I'm talking the week of 2/22-3/1. I'm in the northeast also and our schools don't have the week off.

But it makes sense with Daytona being 2/23 and Mardi Gras, that car rentals would be expensive. I might have to just use a taxi. Does anyone know if taxi's accept credit cards? I never ride in taxis.

Yes Taxis take credit cards. I'm in CT and we have the 17th-21st off for winter break. Not all towns around us do but many do. From past experience it is a very busy week at Disney World and also a very expensive week to cruise on a Disney ship. I wonder how your prices on a car would change if you were't picking it up until Monday the 24th after all the President's week people have returned their cars. (not that you could change your dates of course, it just might help you figure out why your pricing is high)

Yes Taxis take credit cards. I'm in CT and we have the 17th-21st off for winter break. Not all towns around us do but many do. From past experience it is a very busy week at Disney World and also a very expensive week to cruise on a Disney ship. I wonder how your prices on a car would change if you were't picking it up until Monday the 24th after all the President's week people have returned their cars. (not that you could change your dates of course, it just might help you figure out why your pricing is high)

I just ran a quick search for 2/24-3/1 and prices didn't decrease all that much, but a little. The funny thing is we really only need transportation from the airport to Universal, then the next day from Universal to our Disney resort. So I don't need a car for the whole week but even a rental car for a couple days is outrageous...ugh!

Feb 22-March 1st is New Hampshire school vacation but I don't think NH is large enough to throw off the crowd calendars at Disney. :rotfl2: I'm not getting lower rates either! Yuck!

Leaving Saturday and was able to get a small SUV through Thrifty for $389.00. (10 days.) Higher than I have paid in the past but it is much better than what I have seen this year..Holding out hope that they reduce their rates tomorrow. I will be checking early in the a.m. and will post if I see anything good.

Leaving Saturday and was able to get a small SUV through Thrifty for $389.00. (10 days.) Higher than I have paid in the past but it is much better than what I have seen this year..Holding out hope that they reduce their rates tomorrow. I will be checking early in the a.m. and will post if I see anything good.

For those of us with late February trips it really was never too early to lock in a rate. Prices have not come down. I have looked almost every day since July and my best rate was locked in about 3 months ago.

quick clarification... when posting rates on this board is everyone posting the "rate" or the full price including taxes and fees? Just curious. Thanks

quick clarification... when posting rates on this board is everyone posting the "rate" or the full price including taxes and fees? Just curious. Thanks

I always post the full price including taxes and fees.

Budget through Costco has come down a bit for a minivan, $481 for 8 days including taxes and fees, thats Feb 16-Feb 24. Thats the lowest I've seen in at least a month for a minivan.

NHDisneyFan said:
For those of us with late February trips it really was never too early to lock in a rate. Prices have not come down. I have looked almost every day since July and my best rate was locked in about 3 months ago.

Yes I locked in back in Sept. So glad I did now.

Dollar 2/21-2/25 full size $102.20 (taxes/fees included)!

Midsize $94.58

Used code 5C11M for $15% off (it is on the website - no coupon needed!)
If use AAA it is 10% off.

AWESOME!! Hope it helps someone!

Yep - I locked in $245 for presidents week emerald aisle back in September - just so I'd have something acceptable. So glad I did cause nothing is coming close now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter