February 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch

So, I just went back and checked and my rate is still available. National / I used code xz53043. It's Compass Group contract, but was posted to this group by Gme1, who is one of our most knowledgable board members and an employee of national - so I have confidence that it will be ok. I'm using it for Feb 15 - 22 - total for midsize is $245.

Dollar rates down right now!! Booked a city special compact from 2-25 to 3-5 for $120 all taxes fees included. This was a drop in price for me by $140. SO BY MORE THAN HALF. so excited

So, I just went back and checked and my rate is still available. National / I used code xz53043. It's Compass Group contract, but was posted to this group by Gme1, who is one of our most knowledgable board members and an employee of national - so I have confidence that it will be ok. I'm using it for Feb 15 - 22 - total for midsize is $245.

I have a rental booked with the compass rate too, but am concerned about using it.
Is there discussion on it here? A knowledgeable board member and a National employee gave you confidence- could you please share that information? It would save me about 100.00 and we leave on Saturday......if this winter weather doesn't derail our plans.

Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated! I have been checking rates three times a day and there is not movement.:)

If you go to page 27 or so in this thread : http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667 you'll see where gmeh1 talks about this code. But she's (he?) mentioned it several times and ha reported using it successfully. I was the one who started the klm thread, but I also found that by searching other threads - however, that code is not doing much for the pres week dates - I'm going to just trust that it'll be fine. In the worst case scenario I'll eat a couple hundred dollars - but I'm 95% sure I won't have a problem.
I'll add thatvi've used the KLM code several times. I've always had my member number handy just in case, but they have never asked for it. I've always just picked out my car, driven up to the booth, handed them my cc, dl and reservation and they handed it back and I drove away....

Check dollar right now!!! Just got a super low rate for the last week of February. Make sure you go to the "full site" and click on the city specials (not mobile site). Hooray!!!!!

Check dollar right now!!! Just got a super low rate for the last week of February. Make sure you go to the "full site" and click on the city specials (not mobile site). Hooray!!!!!

Just be aware with Dollar - they do not include toll pass. If you are driving through tolls, you need to pay the $8.99 daily extra fee for toll pass... Not sure what will happen if you drive through those tolls without a pass...

Just be aware with Dollar - they do not include toll pass. If you are driving through tolls, you need to pay the $8.99 daily extra fee for toll pass... Not sure what will happen if you drive through those tolls without a pass...

They also charge $10/day extra for the additional driver if that is important to you.

I'm going the last week of Feb and I'm not finding anything cheaper than what I already have with Dollar. Must have missed it.

What's the deal with the toll pass? Can't we just stop at the tolls and pay cash? I think we did last year.

Payless is WAY down today for my dates (2/22-3/2). Check it out if you're going around that time. I'm not using them because I don't want to deal with a shuttle when we land at 10 p.m., but their rates are less than half of any other company right now!!!

I would keep checking because I just booked a standard for 2/28-3/9 for $145. They are also down at thrifty too so check both

Are there car companies that DON'T charge for the toll pass?

National charges for any day that you actually go through a toll. So, for me that's two days out of my 7 day trip (just heading from and to the airport). Dollar charge for every day of your rental whether you use it or not.
I don't know if you can still pay cash on the Florida toll road / many places have done away with that. But I always use express, so I don't know for sure.

I rented from Dollar last year and simply used the toll both where I could pay. I put change into the basket on the side of the booth. I was not charged anything extra.

Thank you for the dollar info. I got a standard car for $133 for the dates feb 22-march 1. :-). Can't beat that.

If you are going to Disney, there are cash lanes for the tolls. I always use those with a rental car without a single issue.. No toll pass for me.

I checked Dollar city specials for mid president's week. Left the drop off pick up times to noon. Price was over $300. Changed to 6pm pick up (time I needed anyway), and price is $107 total for the week for a compact! Other classes just a bit more. So excited, thanks!! Actually I just decided to upgrade to a standard, and it was $109!

P.S. never rented with Dollar, do they have a kiosk or do you go to the counter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter