February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

Thankful for the students’ families who joined me yesterday for our Workshop Wednesday. Once a month, we have parents join their student in a workshop (usually in school, but virtual this year). During the workshop, I share quick little games to play to help reinforce what we are learning on school. Yesterday’s topic was math and number sense. About half the families attended, which is decent since some are unable to attend due to work. I send videos home to those who didn’t attend.

Thankful for spring sports starting. My son is playing baseball and my daughter is playing lacrosse. Last year they didn’t get to have a spring sports season. So thankful they can this year.

Thankful for the longer days of sun and the Spring is soon here!

And of course, thankful for my healthy new baby niece! Here’s a dose of cuteness to start your day 🥰
View attachment 563384
So precious. Congratulations!

Thankful for the students’ families who joined me yesterday for our Workshop Wednesday. Once a month, we have parents join their student in a workshop (usually in school, but virtual this year). During the workshop, I share quick little games to play to help reinforce what we are learning on school. Yesterday’s topic was math and number sense. About half the families attended, which is decent since some are unable to attend due to work. I send videos home to those who didn’t attend.

Thankful for spring sports starting. My son is playing baseball and my daughter is playing lacrosse. Last year they didn’t get to have a spring sports season. So thankful they can this year.

Thankful for the longer days of sun and the Spring is soon here!

And of course, thankful for my healthy new baby niece! Here’s a dose of cuteness to start your day 🥰
View attachment 563384
What a sweetie!

Thankful for the longer days, and with the sunshine we've been having you can actually tell when the sun comes up and goes down.

Thankful for the kitty snuggles I get everyday.

Thankful for my little office, still a work in progress but grateful to have a room I can dedicate to work... and walk out of in the evenings.

MickeyMom76, she is adorable! And love hearing your kids are able to do sports again. My grandson is desperately wanting to do flag football and it looks like the league is going to have games this year. So good for their physical and mental health.

Thankful for longer days-the extra hour of daylight has been a real mood lifter.

Thankful for my libraries-have a good book to read on this rainy day. They are selling some really cute masks as fundraisers, so will buy some on my next visit.

This week I allowed too many sweets. My daughter loves Shamrock Shakes, so we went for those on Wednesday. I don’t even like them, so got a chocolate shake instead. Should have just skipped, but it was our girl time. Then yesterday my sister dropped off 2 giant cinnamon rolls from this new Italian bakery. I was just going to have a small bite and ended up eating half! I’m getting a new student, so I’m chalking it up to stress eating. Hoping to get back on track the rest of the month.

This week I allowed too many sweets. My daughter loves Shamrock Shakes, so we went for those on Wednesday. I don’t even like them, so got a chocolate shake instead. Should have just skipped, but it was our girl time. Then yesterday my sister dropped off 2 giant cinnamon rolls from this new Italian bakery. I was just going to have a small bite and ended up eating half! I’m getting a new student, so I’m chalking it up to stress eating. Hoping to get back on track the rest of the month.
Same. I overindulged the last two weeks...the first week I struggled with vaccine side effects, and my response was to comfort myself with food that I shouldn't eat...the second week was all about celebration, corned beef which is so delicious but also salty and fatty. Wednesday night, my wedding band and engagement ring felt so tight. That's a warning sign for me that I need to eat healthier. Thursday was a little better, and I plan on eating well today and throughout the weekend. I tend to relax my rules on Saturdays & Sundays, but I need to stop the naughty behavior right now and get a grip. I think I will pull out the Nutribullet tomorrow and do a cleanse. I hate feeling this way.

I have done ok this week. I did eat some chocolate and Saturday and Sunday I had some Tagalongs but over all it wasn't horrible. I have still gotten my work outs in and have been getting close to an hour and a half each day. I am really trying to bank time for next week since I get my second shot on Wednesday.

Back from my trip & some family days after... San Antonio w my daughter was good... Riverwalk room & we found an area a short drive away with amazing food. It was nice to change gears a bit 😊

Congrats on this precious baby niece... what a blessing! 🥰

And... all of these amazing food pics to return to 🤩 I indulge every time & then get back to it.
I’ll take a Mickey on my coffee any day...

The raspberry & lemon macaroons 💛❤️💛 & frozen drinks in France- must do for me.

My husband is grabbing tickets today for our trip... I feel like we’ve been in a limbo stage of uncertainty, life, covid but I feel like we are coming out of it.... 🤞 on that covid part. I’m ready to move forward- here at home, settling into this trip... doing projects at home. I’m hoping that stability really gives me a better base to get into better habits- I know I can do it but... yep, I’ve definitely been scattered there lately 😕

Best vibes towards spring, life & seeing things anew.

I have also struggled with sweets this week. It came on exactly when I expected it to, week three of trying to do things differently... I also missed getting a some of my to do's done on a couple days and haven't worked in my workbook at all. I've also had more dairy this week and my congestion has really shot up and my cough is back. It all goes hand-in-hand. I'm going to white knuckle my way thru today to get back on track.

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, practically shaved off. A couple weeks ago I had the (not) brilliant idea to grow it out... yah, no, that is not going to happen. Even having the undercut a bit longer is driving me crazy, so by-by hair. Other than that I'll work on the office more this weekend, doing more painting and getting thru a couple more clutter piles.

Oh and big news, I think I'm getting a new job, well, the same job responsibilities but in a slightly different area. There's a TPM position open for the warehouse management system, which is were most of my experience is. I need to talk to my manager about it more Monday, but my hope is that it'll be multiple work streams but all for the same application, which would really help me as trying to cover multiple applications and technologies is where I am struggling. And the work would be split with one of the other TPM who will be new to the application/space but who has strong TPM skills... so I would be able to learn from her and she from me. Sounds really, really good.

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited:
And a little Spring Equinox ritual, if you so desire.

The Breaking of Our Shells:
You will need a piece of paper and a small box or container. On the paper write one way in which you wish to stretch yourself and grow. Place the paper in the box. The box symbolizes the egg***, and your intention is contained within waiting to hatch. Meditate for a while on your intention; feel how this intention desires to manifest in your life.

*** The egg symbolizes rebirth and rejuvenation in the cycle of life.

Turn to the East and say,

I break through the shell of my limitations of thought. May my thoughts nourish my being and guide my path. Visualize the fresh, clean breezes of spring blowing through you.
Turn to the South and say,
I break through the shell of my limitations of courage. May my inner strength support me and move me along my path. Visualize a bright and vibrant sun burning in your solar plexus.
Turn to the West and say,
I break through the shell of my emotional limitations. May my feelings be flexible and flowing, bringing harmony to my path. Visualize gentle spring showers washing you clean, a babbling brook flowing freely and joyously.
Turn the North and say,
I break through the shell of my physical limitations. May I be strong and healthy; manifesting with care and responsibility the life I was born to live. Visualize a woodland in spring full of wild daffodils, primroses, and celandines; feel the sap energizing your body.

I read something that said the first day of spring and the first spring day are different things. So true, our first spring day was last Saturday when it was sunny and warm. Today it is suspiciously autumnal with grey overcast and showers. I’ll go outside anyway.

Happy first day of spring!!!💐
It is freezing cold here in Connecticut. I'm just so happy to hang my spring/summer flowered wreath on the door, knowing that the warmer weather is on it's way along with everything else we have to look forward to in the coming months.

My new pale green iPhone 12 mini arrived today along with my teal OtterBox case. It is in the process of being set up. I had contactless delivery, FaceTimed the delivery/set-up person to show my i.d. and did the set-up on my landline. It is going through the latest update and syncing with my old iPhone, but unfortunately it wasn't charged enough ahead of time, so it is charging on the charging pad. Looking forward to actually using it later.

I checked pages back in the thread and saw that I have the next week, March 22-28. We still need someone for March 29- April 4 to finish March and start the new April thread.

I had a good week and was down today when I weighed! Mostly it was all the walking I did because I skipped yoga and weights more than once! Just a reminder to myself that walking is so worth it.

This is the start of our spring break. So excited to have an entire week off to do nothing! We have no plans and the twins will be gone. I can think of a million honey do projects, but don't know if I'll spring that on poor DH who took the week off!

Today I am doing laundry and hopefully some housework while watching DS2's girlfriend's two year old. Such a sweetie, although his mood is changing so he must be getting hungry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter