February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

I was super hesitant w my bigs going back in- will they do daily reports on cases? That is how they handled our schools. Even tho the school is not required to close until it hits 2% within one week - I’d pull my girls to remote if their class seemed to have more cases than I was comfortable with - or if the overall numbers made me not thrilled. It’s such a weird year. 🤞 next fall it is ALL smoother.

They post numbers each day but only send us an email to go look at them on Friday. With in the district we had 3 cases last week and 1 the week before. It is a pretty big district. It is 3 cities in one school district. May like 5,000 total kids. So we are not doing bad. I am not sure if they will let us switch back to remote. They will be marked absent if we keep them home. But if I feel uncomfortable I will go to the superintendent and try to switch. I am just worried about all the states that we boarder have rising numbers. Ohio is staying steady and hoping it stays that way or drops. DD will do great with washing her hands, using hand sanitizer and wiping down her desk. She was doing this last year before the pandemic because of the flu. DS we will see. He won't remember to use the hand sanitizer or wipe down his desk. But both are really good at wearing a mask.

TOPIC TUESDAY:
38BDA3FB-093D-4CC5-B35E-55E07DBADD96.jpeg
This quote was part of a professional development session I participated in last month.

It really got me thinking about my responses to stimuli and how I don't really take the time to sit in that "space" between stimulus and response. I tend to react quickly to stimuli and make unhealthy choices. I never thought of how in that "space" I have power to choose my response and how that choice affects me so profoundly. I need to work on pausing and just sitting in that "space" instead of giving in to unhealthy impulses. If I could do that, I would be freed from my unhealthy body, and I would grow into a better human overall.

Tell me what you think...

Last edited:
Impulse control is something I've been thinking about quite a lot as lack of it is one of the ADHD things that really impacts me. It manifests in different ways but mostly around shopping and food choices.

I have a house full of stuff that I don't love and probably don't even use, but I bought it because I 1) saw it suggested and could get it with just one click and/or 2) couldn't find the right thing and got something else because I just had to have something (I still haven't used the indoor grill I bought, if I had had the idea a week later, after finding out about the ADHD I would not have gotten it). With food I either have no interest in what I eat, anything will do, or I have an impulse craving that I just have to have, which is most often sugar and is most often brought on by some sort of stressor. If I can sit in the 'space' a little more I might be able to do better on both accounts.

And so many of us are so stressed and busy that taking that time is not always easy! I consistently make much better choices health wise now that I am retired than when I was working.
When I would get home after work exhausted and my husband suggested eating out, I almost always said yes. And even on the way to the restaurant I would be “I really don’t want to do this-I have something I can fix in the fridge!” If I had just taken some time to think-that pause-I would have been making better decisions.

Oneanne, can you try returning the grille? I am constantly buying something at Marshalls or TJ Maxx and returning it weeks later. Again, I should be pausing between the quick “yes, I want this!” and actually buying it.

And so many of us are so stressed and busy that taking that time is not always easy! I consistently make much better choices health wise now that I am retired than when I was working.
When I would get home after work exhausted and my husband suggested eating out, I almost always said yes. And even on the way to the restaurant I would be “I really don’t want to do this-I have something I can fix in the fridge!” If I had just taken some time to think-that pause-I would have been making better decisions.

Oneanne, can you try returning the grille? I am constantly buying something at Marshalls or TJ Maxx and returning it weeks later. Again, I should be pausing between the quick “yes, I want this!” and actually buying it.
I'm going to make myself learn how to use it... just need to get it on to one of my daily to do lists.

I love the space... I’m super slow to commit to anything w/o mulling over it perhaps too much. This is definitely something I did not begin with but it has grown big time over the years. So much patience with so many kids & so many things out of our control. Emotional reactions, purchases, food choices, life choices... it’s such a big thought to explore, that pause. It also has so much possibility ❤️ That might be the best part.

Last edited:
Impulse control is something I've been thinking about quite a lot as lack of it is one of the ADHD things that really impacts me. It manifests in different ways but mostly around shopping and food choices.

I have a house full of stuff that I don't love and probably don't even use
Now you see it though... that is the biggest hurdle 🥰 I have a hall of mess I’ve pulled out of my room from cleaning 🤦‍♀️ one space at a time sort it to a spot or adios- not everything needs to live with us forever! That is ok 😊 I’m actually kind of uneasy not moving again w things accumulating- that 2-3 yr purge is actually quite cathartic!

Woohoo - my weight is going down! Slowly, but still down!

Woohoo - I’m pushing through one tough workouts with heavier weights because I feel strong enough to do it!

Woohoo - it’s SPRING! The weather has been beautiful and I’m enjoying evening walks, which also helps me distress after school!

Woohoo - our hot tub has finally arrived and is al set up. We got in last night for the first time!!!

Woohoo - I’ve moved up our Disney trip to June and just booked flights yesterday, so it’s finalized (in my mind). This is the surprise trip for just me and my son.

Woohoo - my weight is going down! Slowly, but still down!

Woohoo - I’m pushing through one tough workouts with heavier weights because I feel strong enough to do it!

Woohoo - it’s SPRING! The weather has been beautiful and I’m enjoying evening walks, which also helps me distress after school!

Woohoo - our hot tub has finally arrived and is al set up. We got in last night for the first time!!!

Woohoo - I’ve moved up our Disney trip to June and just booked flights yesterday, so it’s finalized (in my mind). This is the surprise trip for just me and my son.
It all sounds wonderful!!! WooHoo for you!!!

Woohoo... the past few days have been kind of rough as one of my work projects seemed to be falling apart. One of the Engineers didn't seem to have understood the requirements and it didn't come to light until I started doing some testing, which was at the very last minute as business testing was supposed to have started Tuesday. But we got it straightened out last night, so we're pretty much back on track. It was a rough night tho, mulling it all over, worst case scenario if we didn't get it fixed, yadaa, yadaa, yadda... plus I had to keep reminding myself to get up super early so I could test what got fixed. As stressful as it has been I will say I've handled it better than I would have in the past, mostly by checking the all-or-nothing thought pattern, as in I have to always take care of all of it..

Woohoo... my Manager has confirmed that she will move me to the new position when the details are worked out in a couple weeks, tea structure is still being defined and we'll need to figure out what to do with work in progress. I'm really looking forward to this change.

Woohoo... the past few days have been kind of rough as one of my work projects seemed to be falling apart. One of the Engineers didn't seem to have understood the requirements and it didn't come to light until I started doing some testing, which was at the very last minute as business testing was supposed to have started Tuesday. But we got it straightened out last night, so we're pretty much back on track. It was a rough night tho, mulling it all over, worst case scenario if we didn't get it fixed, yadaa, yadaa, yadda... plus I had to keep reminding myself to get up super early so I could test what got fixed. As stressful as it has been I will say I've handled it better than I would have in the past, mostly by checking the all-or-nothing thought pattern, as in I have to always take care of all of it..

Woohoo... my Manager has confirmed that she will move me to the new position when the details are worked out in a couple weeks, tea structure is still being defined and we'll need to figure out what to do with work in progress. I'm really looking forward to this change.
I have that “all or nothing” thinking a lot. It’s not good for me when I start doing it. When I was a kid, if I got a 98 on an exam, I was obsessed with the 2 points I got wrong. It definitely affects me with weight loss. I used to mess up one meal then give up for days after. I am still working on it. It’s a real challenge.

Woo hoo... Wednesday- it’s a busy week and we are pushing through! Good health, on top of workouts, and eating 🌟 I got my hair done 😁 highlights gone & back to my darker color... so happy with that. My K babe got his testing date for dyslexia next week 🎉 Thrilled he will have the best testing sooner than public school would shake it out. This was our goal by years end. Trying to decide where he will attend next year... public vs private & I’m hoping this input provides that clarity. Nothing big, but smooth & steady... that’s a very content place to be tho 💚

Love everyone’s woohoos today!

Woohoo-my clothes feel looser, will get on the scale Friday.

Woohoo-Zooming with friends later today. We’re planning a get together as soon as second vaccines have kicked in for everyone.

It’s still raining, but I hope to get out soon for a walk. I’m at the point where I really miss getting out instead of having to talk myself into it, so that’s a Woohoo!

My WooHoo is that I got my first vaccine today!! I was scared to post about until it really happened, but I had my appointment at Gillette this afternoon. Everything was very efficient and easy, and they even had a spot set up where you could take a pic of the stadium:

(Hopefully seeing it empty like this will become a rare thing again soon!)

I’m feeling fine, and actually quite proud of myself for getting there on my own. (Thank you, GPS!) - You’d never have believed it if you had known me when I moved here (from a very rural area) and wouldn’t even drive on the highway. :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter