February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

We planted a new tree today, a summer maple 🍁, in place of a huge oak that we had to take down - hollowed thru w wood ants. The spot has seemed so empty. I’m excited to see that in & our patios & porches cleaned up. I did a great workout yesterday. I did great eating today... then my husband makes ribs. Hours long on grill ribs... he’s killing me 😣 Maybe a walk/jog is in order tmrw.

Happy first day of spring!
Started the week on track but today I definitely overindulged. Had our corned beef dinner with family today, and like Summer2018, my rings are tight and I feel stuffed. Our grandson stayed with us Friday night and today and I am exhausted (in a good way)! He is good for my step count, that’s for sure!
Tomorrow I will meal plan and definitely eat lighter.

F0F84BD9-C9F0-48D7-ACF3-6245D27700CE.jpeg

My self-care thing for today isn't on the list... get your hair shaved off! I thought my appointment was yesterday and was so bummed I had to live with this mess one more day.

Other plans for self-care today... tidy up a bit, I did stretch as I was getting out of bed. I don't feel like painting today,just don't feel like being that active or getting dirty, but I will sort thru some more stuff.

And I will work in my workbook today... an interesting thing came up in one of the ADHD IG feeds I follow yesterday, the gal posted about how in her household they only eat out of pasta bowls, and it started this long chain of people saying "omg, that's what I do!" That is what I do, I don't like food slipping around and potentially off the plate and that's what most of the respondents said as well.

From this list, I did (or plan to):
1. Sleep in
2. Stretch (Dynamic Recovery workout)
6. Listen to favorite music (Disney tunes while driving for my Target pickup)
7. Healthy breakfast (2 eggs, apple w/pb)
8. Just sit (sat on the couch waiting for online church to start)
10. Tidy up a bit (I feel like this is a constant one I am always doing)
11. Drink a glass of water (planning to drink several today)
14. TO DO list for the week. I always make a menu and weekly schedule for the week and put it on the fridge. Just did that this morning.

Definitely crossed #1 off my list-slept in much later than usual and it felt wonderful. Had a big glass of water while I scrambled an egg and heated up a turkey sausage. Ate a mandarin orange outside on the deck-it’s sunny and warm enough if you sit in the sun. Need to meal plan what we’re eating this week-planning a trip to Costco this week, which is always exciting!

Oneanne, that’s so interesting about preferring pasta bowls for meals-

1,3,7,10,11,14... our fam all went on a hike today too. I sorted all of my boys clothes that don’t fit or are going out of season which was huge! Plus got in my curbside target & Instacart order as well 🙌 Ready for back to school! This next week I have me stuff to tackle.

I joined a Beachbody group and this week is a spirit week. We were put into teams and earn points by posting workouts and meal plans and joint zoom workouts. It’s a little overwhelming with the extra online stuff (a bunch of zoom things). But it’s definitely motivating me!

My motivation this week is to help my DH eat healthy and cheer on his exercise. He was officially diagnosed with diabetes this week, so we are learning about and experimenting with low carb options. Wish me luck, and share your tips!
My husband was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol. But doctor said to try to cut out sugars and carbs for that too. He suggested the Mediterranean diet, which is mostly fruits and veggies. We do fish, turkey and chicken with some pork. Mostly cut out red meat. And try to do less carbs and added sugars. Sheet pan meals have been good with lots of veggies and chicken or seafood. But my husband’s issue is mostly the snacking and beer...

Last edited:
I had a great weekend. The weather was great. I ran/walked a 5k on Saturday. It took me about 55 minutes. I knocked a minute off of my time but I felt better with doing it. Later in the day we all went for a bike ride and rode about 2.5 miles. I need to get used to riding again. When DH and I started dating and before we had kids we rode our bike a lot. We would go for 13 mile bike rides. 2.5 miles was enough to make me sore and tired.

On Sunday we were going to go to the zoo. I have been waiting for this for so long. I love the zoo and haven't gone in over a year. We get there and they were packed so we decided not to go. We will get there soon. Instead we went to the lake and walked around. We don't normally go to the lake. It used to be not a save place to go and was very dirty. They have cleaned it up a lot. It was so nice to walk around.

Lake Erie 1.jpg

This is from the pier looking at the Downtown area of Cleveland.

Lake Erie 2.jpg

This is the beach that you can swim at.

Lake Erie 3.jpg

My motivation this week is to get as many minutes in as possible so I can rest the end of the week. I get my second shot on Wednesday and don't know how I will feel. DH gets his first on Thursday. On top of this we have dentist and orthodontist appointments this week. It will be busy but will be a good week. I do need to get into DS's room and go through his clothes. Yes he will be 15 in about 3 weeks but he won't do this. I will go through and get rid of everything that does not fit so I know what he needs for when he goes back to in person on the 12th. I am panicking a bit about sending them back. All the states around us have cases that are rising. We have plateaued. We just need to get through 2 months. The kids are so happy to go back though. This will be good for them.

I had a great weekend. The weather was great. I ran/walked a 5k on Saturday. It took me about 55 minutes. I knocked a minute off of my time but I felt better with doing it. Later in the day we all went for a bike ride and rode about 2.5 miles. I need to get used to riding again. When DH and I started dating and before we had kids we rode our bike a lot. We would go for 13 mile bike rides. 2.5 miles was enough to make me sore and tired.

On Sunday we were going to go to the zoo. I have been waiting for this for so long. I love the zoo and haven't gone in over a year. We get there and they were packed so we decided not to go. We will get there soon. Instead we went to the lake and walked around. We don't normally go to the lake. It used to be not a save place to go and was very dirty. They have cleaned it up a lot. It was so nice to walk around.

View attachment 564333

This is from the pier looking at the Downtown area of Cleveland.

View attachment 564334

This is the beach that you can swim at.

View attachment 564335

My motivation this week is to get as many minutes in as possible so I can rest the end of the week. I get my second shot on Wednesday and don't know how I will feel. DH gets his first on Thursday. On top of this we have dentist and orthodontist appointments this week. It will be busy but will be a good week. I do need to get into DS's room and go through his clothes. Yes he will be 15 in about 3 weeks but he won't do this. I will go through and get rid of everything that does not fit so I know what he needs for when he goes back to in person on the 12th. I am panicking a bit about sending them back. All the states around us have cases that are rising. We have plateaued. We just need to get through 2 months. The kids are so happy to go back though. This will be good for them.
What a beautiful place to walk!

It was such a beautiful weekend and today is another sunny day. Will get out for a walk soon.
I have high cholesterol (but I also take a low dose statin) and diet definitely plays a role in keeping my numbers under control. Dinners without carbs like bread, rice and potatoes gets me back on track. I know there are some low carb beers-I limit a drink to Fridays only when I am tracking to lose weight. Hummus and vegetables are my usual snacking options.

I joined a Beachbody group and this week is a spirit week.

Love Beachbody... have not done an all out group but those 21 day fix workouts are some of the best throw backs

My motivation this week is to help my DH eat healthy and cheer on his exercise.

Good luck! And great opportunity to bond over new habits- even if they can seem in the chore category 😊

I had a great weekend. The weather was great.

Gorgeous walk! And 🙌 on the 5k!

I was super hesitant w my bigs going back in- will they do daily reports on cases? That is how they handled our schools. Even tho the school is not required to close until it hits 2% within one week - I’d pull my girls to remote if their class seemed to have more cases than I was comfortable with - or if the overall numbers made me not thrilled. It’s such a weird year. 🤞 next fall it is ALL smoother.

Dinners without carbs like bread, rice and potatoes gets me back on track. I know there are some low carb beers-I limit a drink to Fridays only when I am tracking to lose weight.

I try to do one night without a carb- steak & salad or tenderloin & salad... it’s hard to break the idea of carbs with all!

My motivation- start losing for real. I skipped sonic with whole fam in car yesterday 😣 and have started my green shakes. Then a neighbor brought us cookies (🙏 but 😣). I loaded most in kids lunches today 👍 I just did my walk-jog two miles... which is big bc I just really do not like doing it. Goal to get 3 or 4 days with these 2 milers this week. Plus some weights AND to eat less of my darn kids snacks. 🤞🤞

Off to clean- refresh- move my room now... husband has a 4 day so that’s today’s goal.

My motivation this week... I somehow managed to drop a pound last week so this week I'll try for two. Which means really getting the carbs under control and getting more steps in, well, some steps in since I'm currently getting so few. This morning was super wet, it reminded me of how it used to rain when we lived out on the coast when I was little. Right now there is a patch of blue sky out the window so I will try to get outside at lunchtime, if only for a quick walk around the block.

I am also going to get back on track with the good things I was doing, writing down my daily to do's and working in my workbook. And generally taking care of myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter