Figment Popcorn Bucket Insanity

I'm surprised to see people are still wandering around with four of the things around their necks. I don't know if they have people lined up to buy them or if they're expecting to still have a rabid eBay crowd or what.

I do find it humorous that the sketches/drawings now include a bunch that are labeled "Bad drawing of Figment" or "Worse sketch of Figment" and stuff like that.

And my all-time favorite... Bad Drawing of Figment Popcorn Bucket "DIY Kit" which is a pen and a blank sheet of paper. :rotfl2:

I have to give those folks credit for not taking themselves too seriously. 😆

Any update on how things seem to be going today with the figment buckets? I go Friday and am not terribly optimistic about any being left….but still kind of hoping to get lucky!

Any update on how things seem to be going today with the figment buckets? I go Friday and am not terribly optimistic about any being left….but still kind of hoping to get lucky!
At a minimum all the spots for mobile order were gone by 3pm. That doesn’t mean all the buckets were gone just the amount that could be mobile ordered were gone for the day. We shall see tomorrow.

I love how they have risen to the occasion to fix the insanity of popcorn bucket sales...

But they can't make their freaking website or app work...

Genie+ still swaps your return times...

Glad they have their priorities.

Yeah, I saw a couple stray posts on Twitter that they’re sold out and someone saying it was the last night to buy them. Still not sure if that means buckets or time slots, but it’s not looking good since slots haven’t reopened today. I’m only holding out hope because that army of Figments pic was making the rounds yesterday, but nobody posted any shots of them only having a few left. I would’ve thought one of the bloggers would have carried some kind of “only 5 left” story. I’m hoping for more clarity once the park opens.

I was also at WDW for 10/1 and the Minnie sippers were on Pecos Bill’s mobile order. They ran out almost immediately, but then when we were back on 10/3, I had no problem getting one. So even if they’re on property, they might not be able to restock as efficiently especially with the staff shortages. We’ll see…

A local I follow on Twitter recently posted that she got hers at 8:45 last night and there were still a lot left. I think the park closed at 9 last night, so I doubt they sold a million in the last 15 minutes. Maybe they’re making more tweaks to the mobile order process or something so they have it offline for a while. Hope!!! 😂

It’s so confusing. In addition to the app pop up, cast members are definitely telling people they’re gone, but there are multiple people now saying they were there at park close and they still had a ton available. This whole thing has been truly bizarre.

Maybe they're trying to ration them so they last through the end of the festival? Though if that was the case you'd think they'd alot a certain number per day, not leave some days with none.

I noticed it has now been removed entirely from the app (this morning, it just said it was unavailable).

I did stop by the location this morning and did verify the sign says it is unavailable and the cast member says it is unknown when or if more will be available.

So the Flower and Garden Festival menus came out today, and once again they have the Orange Bird sipper. I would honestly be shocked if the Figment popcorn bucket doesn’t become an annual thing for the arts festival given its popularity. Disney’s not gonna turn down all that money and free press.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter