Figment Popcorn Bucket Insanity

Its interesting to think about this example in the larger context of Disney marketing generally. In investment circles, one of the criticisms of Disney Plus is that while Disney has a hardcore base of fans that purchase everything they offer, even at high prices, that base is not very wide. Its why investment analysts think Disney Plus will have trouble growing its subscriber base significantly. But it also means Disney sould be able to raise the price for existing subscribers.

I don't get a lot of the Disney merchandise. Its just not worth the price for me. But the company has a long history of inflating demand for its products by limiting supply. If two hundred bucks or a six hour wait for a plastic bucket brings those people more happiness, then good for them. As someone who used to obessesively collect things (not Disney, but other merchandise), I even under the collector/completist obsession. Glad that's not me anymore. I prefer to spend my money and time elsewhere

They really really really really really really need to honor the 2 per person rule a lot better.
And I’ve said this on other posts but if I somehow ran merchandise the first thing I’d do is hire humans to scour eBay and other websites and stopping the sales.
This is getting way out of hand

they seem to be pretty large, if she has a group of 3 or more along it could be each person in the group got 2.

Some people will wait in line for 6 hours for a popcorn bucket and some people will wait in line for 6 hours to ride a one minute rollercoaster 🤷‍♂️ I remember one time Build a Bear ran an event were you paid your age for a stuffed bear. Our local mall had a 4 hour wait. It was crazy. My son and I went back the next day and paid $20.

My time is the most valuable to me, but if getting a popcorn bucket (or $150 for selling it) is worth 6 hours of your time, go for it. Whatever floats your boat.

I am glad I had already decided not to get one. Figment is one of my favorite characters, and when the sleeping plush Figments came out, it took me a while to get one, but I don’t have to buy every Figment they sell. I refuse to buy anything from the EBay scalpers. If I can’t get it direct from Disney, I don’t need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter