First Disney Cruise- The Unexpected?

We were also a little surprised that our teenage kids didn't spend much time in the Vibe club on either of our Wonder cruises. We were sure to check them out on embarkation day and they went back once or twice and participated in an on-ship scavenger hunt, but for the most part they were happy hanging out with us.

I didn't realize that cruising would cause so much damage to my fingernails!!! Well it wasn't the cruising so much as the crew having to pry my hands off the ship on disembarkation day!!
BEST ANSWER EVER!! Our first is 2018. Can't wait

Sadly, during our first Disney cruise in 2009, I was not prepared for the fact that we would encounter bad weather and not be able to dock at Castaway Cay. We tried to look on the bright side and say that it just meant that we'd need to take another Disney cruise. We're finally taking our 2nd one this Dec, after cruising on a few other cruise lines. We are so excited!

I was surprised at how few Americans were on our first cruise. This was a New Year's Eve Disney Magic cruise sailing out of Miami, and most of the guests were apparently Latin American nationals (not Hispanic-American, these really seemed to be foreigners). I know it's an international cruise with an international staff & clientele, but I was surprised, sailing out of an American city, that Americans only seemed to be about 15 - 25% of the guests. I heard another American guest comment her surprise about that to a CM, as well. Spanish & Portugese were the dominant languages being spoken around the ship.

Sailed on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral on our second cruise, and most guests were Americans & spoke English. That felt a bit more homey to us. What I learned on our second cruise is that I prefer sea days to port days. After two days of sleeping in and having fun/relaxing on the ship, I was not eager to wake up early on the third morning to go explore an island. We enjoyed our time on the ship more than anything else on that cruise.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter