First trip in 6 days,what is your best tip?

nancel.5

Earning My Ears
We are finally getting close. We leave on 6/20 and are staying 8 nights at the GF. We are all just about jumping our of our skin,waiting to go. Have started getting stuff together and have my packing list all printed out. We've made several PS's and have a tentative plan. Other than relax and have fun what would be your number 1 tip???

Disnee Dad Says.............................What are the ages of the crew and how many. Makes a big difference. Also what type of tickets.

Only drink bottled water,Aquafina is Not bottled in florida,even brush your teeth useing the bottled water!!

Or buy a sports Brita water bottle to filter out the taste.

Coppertone SunBlock sfp 30 gel for face neck ears, Wal-Greens Spray Sunblock sfp 30 for every where else!! WE didn't even get any color!!

A hat,a hat, a hat with brim wide enough to shade your ears!!!!!

bring lots of sunglasses for the kids and even yourselves. I bought a bunch for my 5 and 10 year old at the Dollar Tree so if they lost or broke a pair I had an inexpensive replacement.

I also will probably pack nothing but bathing suits the next time I go for my kids. That way they can get as wet as they want, and would dry off quick. Even my 10 year old DD I'll put in boys bathing trunks with a tankini top.

Definitly have a water plan!!!!!Whether you drink only bottled water, or don't mind spending $50 dollars a day at the park for a family of four on WDW bottled water, or you bring your own, have a plan where everybody has water available to them at all times, and make them drink. Was there this last May, 95 degrees, and we brought 8-10 empty 20 oz gatorade bottles of ice, and we went through it all and re-filled at counter service restaurants.

I made sure my kid's fanny packs had a netted water bottle holder.

HATS!

We are myself and DH,DD's 9 and 4 and DS 7. We will be getting the 5 day PH pass. We plan to take wed. and Sat out of the parks to just relax. DH will play golf,probably Downtown disney and the pool, just visit some of the other resorts. Thanks for all the tips. WE are driving from NJ and I already have a case of water. The kids all have their own fanny packs with water bottles and sunglasses,mini fans,lip stuff,pens and autograph books. I will carry the sunscreen,wipes,tickets,snacks,extra socks,bandaids etc. All I do is visit these boards trying to get more info. Thanks, Nancy

Our best tip for helping with the heat was carrying a wet face cloth in a ziplock bag. Wipe down the back of your neck and behind you knees every once in a while. Feels great.

Always have the kids in bathing suits. There is an opportunity to get wet in every park and DD. With this heat, everyone will be taking advantage of it.

Go to the parks first thing in the morning. Grab fastpasses for a ride immediately. Leave parks around noonish when crowds get heavy. Relax by pool/resort. Go back in evening.

My fav. packing tip, especially for the little ones, it put a complete set of clothing in individual zip lock baggies. Shirt/shorts/underwear/socks in each bag. Make sure you squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing. Gives you alot more room in suitcase and keeps things neat when the kids go to dress themselves. Plus, they will always match and they love picking out their own clothes.

Have something to keep you entertained while waiting in line. Even if it's something as simple as the "I Spy" game or gameboy.

Do your kids scare easy? We had tiny flashlights for each kid on the last trip and they were priceless. Almost every ride puts you into complete darkness for a little while and it scared my kids to death. The flashlights kept them sane.

I guess that's enough for now.

My best tip is definately take your time and don't rush throught to hit all the rides. Drink plenty of water and get to the parks early. We have been in May and sometimes it is unusually hot. We have found that going to the parks early and going till about 1:00 or 2:00. Then go back to the resort and swim till late afternoon and then go back to the parks. Hope this helps.

Definitely take a break mid-day. It's so tempting on your first trip to not want to "waste" several hours of your passes by taking a break, but it gives everyone the energy to tackle the parks later, and it gets you out of the sun during the hottest part of the day.

We'll be there the same time as you and are taking three 24 bottle cases of water. That won't be enough for my family of 3. Buy an extra case of water, and bring juice boxes and soda along. Sometimes we fly, and sometimes we drive, but to be honest I prefer driving because we can take so much more with us.

Have fun, and try to slow down enough to notice the details. That's where you'll find the magic. :)

I second the "take a break" tip. For years we never took a break and were so grumpy and tired by 6:00 we would end up leaving before the nighttime festivities.

Hence, I have never seen Fantasmic nor Illuminations, and I have only seen fireworks once!

TAKE THE BREAK.

WATER! WATER!

Did I mention drink lots of water? I noticed that you're from Parsippany. I'm very familiar with your local water (my SIL lives there), and if you're drinking local water there, you may actually not find the Florida water distasteful.

I used #45 Water Babies sunscreen last year in May. It's waterproof (and sweat and rain proof!) and I didn't have any problems at all.

Best tip--relax and enjoy yourselves. You can't do everything in one trip (unless you have a month to spend there, and maybe not even then), so do the "must do's", and start planning your next trip!

Beth

Check out the Disney Vacation Club while you are at the GF. They are selling the Beach Club Villas right now and you may find that you can go to WDW more frequently if you are a DVC member.

Relax, enjoy the vacation. Try to eat at 1900 Park Faire (breakfast is preferred unless you are a big Pooh fan), but both breakfast and dinner are great buffets.

Leave plenty of time to head to the pool each day and for your youngest one to nap, if possible.

Take the boat over the Fort Wilderness and see the animals. There is a small petting-type zoo over there. You won't use any of your days here.

Bring extra shoes incase they get wet from the mid-day showers. Unless you are wearing flip-flops or some other shoe that won't be affected by the rain.

Disnee Dad Says...............................Here are two touring tips for MK you may want to try. It may not work as well in summer, but a zero wait in November might be as good as a 5 or 10 in JUne.
Plan One. Get to the parks early, so you are close to rope drop area. When it drops 48% rush to Splash and 48% rush to Space.
2% stare at the park map, and 2% head straight for Fantasyland!! That is you. Head straight for Fantasyland. Get on Dumbo first, it is a very slow loader, and the first ten minutes is the only time you will ever ride this with no wait. Then Pooh, it will back up soon. Then Snow and Peter. It's a small world, and as you cross FL Carrousel, if the line is short. Then on to Tea Cups and you did FL in less than an hour!!!
Tip two. If they are running the 3PM parade it will start in Frontierland. Watch it from the Adventureland side of the parade, as close to the front as you can get.(First fifty yards!) When the parade ends, turn around and head to Magic Carpets, then Jungle Cruise, and Pirates, and then TIKI if you like. The parade cuts off 3/4 of the park from Adventureland!!!! Last year we did all of this with a total wait of 6 minutes. Better than EE!!!

Tips:

1. Take mid-day break
2. Lots of sunscreen
3. Buy an over the door shoe holder for toilettries in bathroom
4. Just relax & enjoy. You probably won't get to see it all, so don't kill yourself trying to.

Have fun!!

A night light for the hotel room bathroom so you don't wake everyone up in the middle of the night! Water.. Don't drink the Zepherhills and check where the bottle water is bottled.. if it's from Florida don't drink it ..us Northerners can't stomach it! Carry wet wipes in your fanny pack for clean hands before snacks.Sunscreen should be part of dressing in the morning.. a must! Make PS for you dinners and lunches ahead of time. AND make a complete itinery with all your flight #'s hotel res, rental car res, and PS #'s on it and put it in a safe place! I forgot my ticketless airline tickets once and without that itenery I would have been stuck! I also photo copy my travelers checks so I have them for reference.Have a great time.

Well we agree with the mid-day break. At least in the summer because it is so hot and also the parks are open so much later. If we can't leave the parks we at least find a shady quiet place to seat and have an ice cream or shaved ice drink, another good idea is to see a show mid afternoon. Most are air conditioned or at least in the shade and you can bring a drink and sit for a while. All of this leads up to our ride strategy. We have always gone with our small children and with that mid-day break (even naps, especially if they are in a stroller) they are able to stay up quite late, and frankly it is much cooler out and I just love everything all lit up. Anyway, we hit up fantasy Land and Frontier Land (splash Mt. & Thunder Mt.) while the Electric Light Parade is going on. We have gotten on Splash Mt. over and over with no wait (during the day this line can be 11/2 hours + long). We can always get on Pooh, Peter Pan etc. too and the best thing is that it's not so hot out. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter