For those that want to know....Cheerleaders in the World

chrisn

DIS Veteran
I have noticed that there have been a few posts lately enquiring about cheerleaders in the World. Deb Wills posted some info on her site so I thought I would pass the info along for those that don't subscribe to All Ears.

UCA College Cheerleading & Dance Team National Championship
Jan 9-12, 2003

National Dance Team Champinship
Jan 31-Feb 2, 2003

National High School Cheerleading Championship
Feb 7-11, 2003

National All Star Cheerleading Championship
Mar 14-18

Source:www.varsity.com

Here are some others from Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex web page.

Universal Cheerleaders Association National College Cheerleading and Dance Championship
Jan 10-11, 2003 and Feb 1-2, 2003 and Mar 15-16, 2003

Contest of Champions National All Star/Studio Dance Championship
Feb 21, 2003

Contest of Champions National Cheer Championship
Feb 22-23, 2003

Contest of Champions National Dance/Drill Team Competition
Feb 28-Mar 2, 2003

AmeriCheer National Open Cheerleading Championship
Mar 21-23, 2003

Does this mean that there will be bunches of cheerleaders at the parks during these times???

Wow, you made me nervous about January. We're going to miss them by 1 day!! Whoa, that was close!!!!

we thought they wouldn't be around this year...we'll get have them the whole time we're there, spirit fingers and all!

Does this mean that ASMo will be full of cheerleaders during these times as well?

Yep, All Star Resorts are their favorite. Their second favorite is Caribbean Beach Resort. We were there with them in 2000. It wasn't too bad during the day (they had other places to be), but the nights were bad (especially at the resorts and at Pleasure Island). I didn't think they could get into Pleasure Island without a PARENT but they got in and absolutely took over Wildhorse Saloon. Of course the saloon is no longer there, so it may be 8Trax this year. Who's to know?

YEA!! Being a former Cheerleader myself I look forward to the girls. We love to watch them practice at the resorts. We have never had a problem with the girls/guys.

Christina

Argh...we'll have them on the last two days of our trip. At least it's not the ENTIRE time...no offense to cheerleaders, because I was one myself (head cheerleader, actually!), but that also means that I know how obnoxious they can get! :)

Considering that our last two days will be their first two, though, maybe they'll be too busy practicing to affect crowds at the parks much. They probably won't be at BWV, either, so no late night practices. All in all, they shouldn't affect our trip much, but I guess I wouldn't mind catching some of the actual competition!

So how bad will it be? :-( We'll be at POR for our honeymoon from 2/4-2/13 (with the high school girls) and now I'm worried about this; I had visions of empty parks and quiet resort nights dancing through my head:-( It isn't that bad, is it? Please tell me no!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: mY DUAGHTER LOVES CHEERLEADERS !!She's only 10 and has been praticing those spirit fingers. We are going 1/28-2/5 and staying at AllStarMusic. :p As long as they are not too loud allnight long, this should actually be fun:smooth:

The last time I went to the World in Febuary was when the cheerleaders were there. We stayed at the All Star Music resort. Needless to say I will never get tricked into that again. The day was ok, but the nights were awful. I know we waited in line about 2 hours for Tower of Terror. MK was very crowded. I don't think we rode 5 rides. I won't go back during this time. Sorry. I hope this helps and doesn't spoil anyone's trip. We are all Disney Fans. We won't let anything stand in our way of us and the MOUSE!!!!:)

*sigh*

We will be there the feb 1-7

How much do you think we will actually see and hear of them?
How bad on the frist...MK has fireworks and the parade that night and we were hoping to catch them both....but loads of cheerleaders being all cheery doesnt sound like the greatest frist night :(

We were there once when the cheerleaders were around--. Looked like they were virtually unsupervised--and when they were, those in charge didn't appear a whole lot older than their charges.
These groups bring a lot of publicity and business to WDW, so it's no suprise that Disney does nothing to curb their behavior.
Lucky for us we stay at OKW--I've seen a # of posts on the board regarding the all night noise at the Resorts where these groups are housed.

I think everyone has a right to go to the world for fun/competition or whatever, just wish they were not going when I was. :p . We are going Jan 30th thru Feb 8th and will have them whole time too. I was hoping for light crowds and hardly any use for fastpass but guess I was wrong. We are also staying at Music resort, and that part really does not bother me to much, I think our daughter will like watching them, but where do they practice at the resorts??. Anyway thanks for heads up on this, guess we will expect HIGH crowds at parks. DARN IT ALL anyway. Wish I would have planned trip better, would have went earlier in month. Everyone have magical trips anyway--hope we do.

my friend and i stayed at cbr last year jan 30-feb 5. the dance teams checked in after us. we had girls all around our room and unfortunately the coach was in the room right next to us. one morning at 6 am the girls kept going in the room and leaving the metal bar outside the door so it wouldn't close. that meant that everytime a girl went in the room the door slammed on it. it was very annoying and loud. they were also standing outside our room shouting at one another. i know they were excited but they should have known better. there were also quite a few times when it was after 2 am and the girls were practicing outside. i thought it was very rude of their parents and coaches to let them do this. granted we should have asked to have our room moved, but we didn't think it was too much for them to be quiet and considerate of the other staying in the same section. if i ever go back to wdw during that time i will not stay at cbr.

Thank God for DVC:D
I'm glad DVC resorts are too expensive for cheerleader groups...
I'm had to deal with them in the past...no fun at all. Rude and loud and acted like they thought they were all God's gift to the "World"
And I've got to deal with them in the parks In Jan and Feb:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter