For those that want to know....Cheerleaders in the World

We'll be there the same week as MamaQuack so I was wondering the same thing. I tried going to their site to see if there was a schedule of events but no luck. Friday the 28th is an E-nite but we'll skip it if the Dance/Drill team knows about it. Also does anyone know what resort they are staying at? ~:D~

Lucky me, my trip co-incides with the National High School Cheerleading Competion - I'll be there Feb 7-10!!!

I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge though, so hopefully there won't be excess evening noise. I know they probably affect attendance at Pleasure Island and Disney Quest, but what about the restaurants (mainly sit down ones at the resorts and the ones at Downtown Disney)? Anyone have any experiences with this?

Any thoughs? I haven't made any PS and was wondering if that would be a problem because of this group.

:rolleyes:

We were at ASMo in Feb 2001 when "they" were there. Only had 2 complaints: 1) building pyramids in the pool and even though we tried very hard to be away from them, a couple of them almost landed on my 10 month old son -- go figure, the male lifeguards were enjoying the show so allowed them to continue (LOL); and 2) the way they stood in front of the drink dispensers in the food court and debated about which kind of drink to put in their mug! I just politely told them I knew what I wanted so I'd just go ahead of them. We are going to be at CBR from Feb 1-14. I was certainly hoping that they would all be at the All Stars, but I guess that isn't to be. We were really hoping to catch the parade and fireworks on Feb 1st, but sounds like that might not happen. I too agree that the South American tour groups are far more rude than the cheerleaders. And if they are noisy in the lines, maybe other people won't notice my 2 yr old ds hitting other people, yelling, etc. Hey, this might work to my advantage ;). I have to admit though, it was a toss up between CBR and CSR and now I'm thinking I made the wrong decision. But I really don't want to change it now because I have myself all psyched for the CBR. In 2001, we never noticed longer lines so I'll expect it'll be the same this time.
Wish those of us who are going to be there lots of luck !

Mary Liz

I made the mistake of staying at all star sport resort a couple of years ago when they were having a cheering event. never again! I could have gotten it for $49 per night (code rate) late this month which I booked until I found out the cheerleader/dancers were going to be there then I canceled as quick as I could and upgraded to the WL. I wouldn't stay at an all star resort during these competitions if it was free. they were loud into the wee hours of the night. they screamed, slammed doors, flushed toilets, bumped the walls, played the tv loud you name it. they were loud. we had to buy earplugs because they couldn't move us. it was horrible. I watched as they would get ice at the food court in their resort mugs only to pour it out. then there was no ice for the rest of us. it was very annoying. they talk too loud. I do believe they want everybody around them to hear their conversations. and for their chaperones, you can find them at the pool bar drinking while the girls are out doing their thing SCREAMING. also, thanks to the person who mentioned cheerleaders being at the hard rock hotel in late march. I stay at the hard rock hotel 3 or 4 times a year and will avoid that week like the plague. thank you!

Big question did anyone ever complain to ...

1: resort officials
2: cheerleaders
3: Cheerleader leaders <G>
4: police - if none of the above worked.

We were in a similiar situation on a past trip with a rowdy group of teens. We called the front desk and complained, they started to give us a song and dance. When I told them if they could not handle it I would call the local police as there were underage drinking going on. The noise suddenly stopped. <VBG>

Just wondering as we will be there. Police can really settle own teens fast.

:cool:

Wow, thank goodness the AS were already sold out of the AP rate when I called last week!! I didn't know about the Cheerleaders! I booked CBR instead, but then DH and I decided to try AKL, thank goodness!!!! :)

Since we have a 2yo and are mostly only in the parks till about 1:00 or 2:00, I think we'll miss them there also.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing them practice a little or part of a competition (and I know DD would think they're really cool), but I'd rather not be surrounded by mobs of teens staying up late etc.

Now that I do know I think I'll pack DD's little U of D cheerleading outfit!

1: resort officials

Yeah..waste of time. The teens were loud, and I wasn't happy, but could take it..it was the drinking. loud chaperones who didn't seem to even see the teens that were more a problem. And when they ram a bunch with sleeping bags in a room..and they all start to talk over each other, and then run screaming out of the room, and doing their rountines in the dark on the grass in front of our room..and then attracting every male to that area in the place (again..where are the chaparones)...what a pain. Security comes sometimes..might quiet them for a while..then they start up again. Call the cops? And tell them what..that the All Stars is loud? I would be very surprised if they would come, baring someone getting hurt. I'm sure that Dis would send security to disburse them as the cops went through the gate. I don't blame the teens as much as I do the chaparones sitting at the outside bar having drinks and loud converstation (shouting) and smoking while drinking and chatting with each other at the pool.
Not all were misbehaved..just enough to make my daughter see she will be going when our granddaughter does...I'm sure parents who have not been, have no idea of the lack of chaparoning.

:( Chaperones, HA! they could care less about what was going on.:mad:

Please do not lump us all in one group. I am a pom mom and formerly a cheer mom and will be there 1/30 - 2/3. Every girl on our squad has at least one parent attending. I would never allow my daughter to be loud or disrespectful to hotel guests, but then again, she would never want to do this either. Not all teens are bad and not all chaperones are disinterested in taking care of their children. Believe me, I'm not looking forward to teens run amok at night either. I want to be able to enjoy the parks too!

Nice to hear another side of the story. My 1st time going so can't say good or bad about the cheerleaders. :) What hotel are you staying at?? we are there also on 1-30 thru 2-8. Wishing the girls all good luck in their competition. Oh we are at the MUSIC resort "Calypso" building. :) HAve great trip

We are staying at the CBR, but I have no idea where, as the communication to the parents in our group is not so good. This is our first trip for the nationals competition and my daughter and I are really looking forward to enjoying the parks without her two small siblings, but they really think the whole thing is terribly unfair. Hope you have a great time!!

Every girl on our squad has at least one parent attending.

But that's not the norm. I don't think most parents realize what goes on after they send their kids down to the World. I can tell you my daughter will be there when our grand goes..now that she has seen it with the chaparones (or lack thereof).

We were at WDW 1/9 - 1/2, just when the cheerleaders were. We stayed at the Poly, so no cheerleaders there. We ran into very few at the parks, but I had heard (from this board, I think) to avoid MK on Saturdays under most any circumstances but especially when there are groups like that there. So we did MK on Friday, no cheerleaders, no lines, no waiting. Someone we talked to at AK on Sunday said they were at MK on Saturday and it was overrun with cheerleaders, and there was an hour wait for everything. Something to consider for those of you going during the next cheerleading competition later this month.

After the competition, and usually after the park closes, the park provides a "block party" for the cheerleaders and spectators and allows them an opportunity to ride the rides that they missed during the day.
Hey man..... now I'm bummed I won't be there during the cheerleading thing. Lost my opportunity to throw on a cheerleading suit and get to go later at the parks!!

Oh wait, good thing I missed out... this bod wouldn't look good in a cheerleading suit anymore.
LOL

this is loki's wife..Not loki

god...were in calypso from feb 1-feb 7th..and I am now almost in tears (could be the pregnancy) at the thought of waiting a year for this trip and it will be ruined by masses of teenage out of control girls. this is a budget trip...maybe ..maybe we could change to CSR but it might be too late..we already paid off ASmu..

i was so excited.....now...damn..just have to go and make the best of it...i am sure the 1st at MK will be packed. so much for the quiet time of the year

i wish we could change our dates :(

Think positive!. We are also there same resort/same time/same building. Actually Jan 30th till Feb 8th. I feel same way you do, but am trying NOT to. This is our 1st trip and wanted it to be special, but found out to late about cheerleaders too. I am trying to uplift about it, because if I go into a situation thinking badly about it, that is usually how it turnes out. SO smile and think on bright side--your in Disney world-and another plus --hopefully warmer weather than 5 below here right now. :) Hope to see you there and hope you will have a great trip anyway. Still has to be beter than PEAK season there. Wishing us both a happy trip. :bounce:

The dance competition is on Saturday 2/1 and all the girls will be at the sports complex all day, so the parks should be free on that day. I was hoping to compete and then spend the day in the parks but the parents have been told the girls and parents will be busy all day Saturday so you all can enjoy your Saturday.

It also may depend on the ages of the girls when you are there. The ages when we were there were teens..maybe 15 and 16. We were there once when college age were there..and they were OK...still loud, but settled down at night. Not as much screaming. Maybe enough people have complained that Disney will have a better control on it. They didn't "ruin" our time there..just iritated me, since I lost sleep, and couldn't stand the screaming in the pool.

I don't suppose the ASMo will try to put all or most of the cheerleaders together will they? For instance, if they tried to put all of these groups in "mighty Ducks" the rest of us could request a non-cheerleader section. I love all of the theming at ASMo and I would rather walk a long way to the food court rather than deal with loud girls all night........therefore, ANY non-cheerleader section would make me happy.

I was a cheer mom too and my daughter was in a Christian school with skirts to their knees and they were still loud. sure, they may not be as loud when they are around their chaperones but when they are off by themselves in a group, they are just as bad as any of the others. its an attention thing. they WANT to be seen and heard. I know, I've been there.
I requested to be moved at the resort but they (cheerleaders) are all spread out in all sections of the resorts. If I had to stay there during the competition, I would try to get on the top floor. at least that way they won't be right outside your window practicing at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter