For those that want to know....Cheerleaders in the World

:( Didn't mean that every single cheerleader and chaperone were like that, but unfortunatley,the times we were there,{both times for a full week} we ran into only the obnoxious ones every place we went on the property except at OKW where we stayed. Thank you for being one of the "good guys", only wish we ran into your group while we were there.:)

"Spirit fingers" was made popular by the movie "Bring It On" and it is when a cheerleader (male or female) opens their fingers fully and wiggles them....It actually is a goof!

My DD's cheerleading team would never think of doing "spirit fingers", they just goof on it! Her team will be a IOA in March, along with 4 other teams from her gym.........ALL girls will be chaperoned by at least one parent!! WE do not practice outside on the grass.......we rent a local gym or a function hall in the hotel we stay at........they take AllStar cheerleading very serious.......

The gentleman that choreographed the cheerleading scenes in Bring It On just choreographed DD's team's routine this year!!

I do understand that most people don't want to be around "screaming" cheerleaders while on vacation but what about the other "groups" that frequent WDW?? It is getting awfully hard to avoid going at any particular time since WDW allows many groups to visit at nearly all times of the year.....

Lets see.........Gay weekend.........didn't stop us (twice)
South American tour groups all summer..........never stopped us!
Cheerleaders........we are one of "them"!! Grad nights......wouldn't stop us but have never been during them....School vacations...........too busy but wouldn't stop us!! I am sure there are many more I can't think of now........

The question is:: So...........when IS the best time to go to WDW without having to worry about any "groups" ruining your time????

:( You sure have a strong disposition, 'cause we no longer go at any of the times you mentioned. Having said that. we just don't like all of the yelling, pushing,shoving,line cutting and all the other stuff that happens at those times. We love wdw, but don't like the madening crowds. There are plenty of other times to go when it is more "civilized" {not that the cheerleaders are uncivilized, just extremley annoying, in my humble opinion} Thats why we go at these less crowded times. To each his own, I guess. It would be a crazy world if there wasn't diversity,wouldn't it? Anyway, we just prefer the quiter times. :D PS; Please don't take the "annoying" thing to heart. I just like to vent:cool:

Yes, I do have a strong disposition and do understand going at "quieter" times........however, ARE there any more "quieter" times at WDW??? Seems that WDW is welcoming ALL different "groups" to the parks for a variety of events/reasons.

Seems to me, there are no longer any quieter times at WDW, if so, let me know and I'd be sure to try to include it in one of my trips!!

We were at All-Star Sports from 1/8-1/13 this month. We were on the third floor of the Football bldg. facing the field. Unknown to us it was the UCA College Cheer and Dance Nationals. They did practice most of the day on the football field and surrounding areas, even the parking lot. At first I thought..Oh know, but my boys 8 and 11 ( DH, too) were amazed by the routines these college kids could do. When they toss one of those girls in the air and they go higher than your 3rd floor room it's pretty amazing. It was actually kind of fun to stand and watch. What strength these guys have to hold their cheerleader in the air with one hand. The resort had a sign out that mention something about observing quiet time from 10pm-10am. They did stop at 10pm, but in the morning were out there by 8am sometimes. They seemed to have them all grouped in the Baseball area and some in Tennis. They seemed to also have a lot of security walking around. I think it was Sat. night, maybe the last night for some teams and they were sorta loud over in the baseball area, but as soon as 10pm came they were in their room or partying somewhere else. I had no problem with them at the food court, just like anyone else. I could see were some people may be bothered by them, but it wasn't bad for us. Now, I could tell you a few rude stories about tourists in the parks!

Kimbra:wave:

"TWO BITS--FOUR BITS-SIX BITS-A DOLLAR"

"IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE CHEERLEADERS-TO WHOM YOU GONNA HOLLER??" :jester:

Lets see.........Gay weekend - not sponsored BY DISNEY
South American tour groups all summer - we dont go
Cheerleaders........If we only knew
Grad nights...not bad - days are wonderful, lose a night in MK no biggie...but the teens are bused in at close to park closing and they have thier time while visitors are gone.

School vacations- we dont go

Frist few weeks in May we go...very quiet , wonderful time, flower garden show..yes thier are grad nights...but hardly noticable.

We decided to try and get out of the winter a bit earlier and try Feb for the "slow season" . Next year we will be going back in May.

P.S..... Most of these loud, rude, groups are complained about...because they are "generally" loud , rude groups who have earned thier reputations.

Though I havent experianced the "cheers" yet....when we return I will make a post regarding them and wether they have 1 adult per child and are civil ...or a hord of wild screaming hormones.

loki......I did not think that any of these groups are sponsored by Disney, just welcomed!! Cheereleading events are sponsored by various cheerleading groups......NCA, pop warner, UCA, US SPIRIT, and many more.....

Hoping your stay is an enjoyable one free of hormone screaming girls.........

I used to go to WDW when I lived in Clearwater all the time - at least 1x a month, if not more - since we moved I've only been once (last year) and that's enough for me for a while - too many other places in the real World to visit. Anyway, when I did go a lot I was: constantly run into by the "stroller brigade" & have the ankle scars to prove it, put up with adults (not sure of their hormones) cutting in line, yelling on cell phones, yelling at their kids, yelling at THEIR parents, yelling at each other etc. Stayed in hotel rooms with screaming kids on either side who NEVER seemed to be happy (nor did their parents), pushy, pushy, pushy people practically running over you to get to the bus first (saving a whopping 20 seconds); your basic obnoxious public who goes on a vacation & thinks "it's all about ME & MY family having the best: time, spot in line, picture, time w/character, etc." I've been when cheerleaders have been there. They can get annoying, I'll give you that. But I'd rather listen to a happy, excited teenage group, then a bunch of grouchy parents trying to "make" their kids have fun when all the kids want to do is sleep or go in the pool. If you're going to Disney to "get away from it all", you're going to the wrong place.

Flame away people.:smooth:

Originally posted by chrisn

National All Star Cheerleading Championship
Mar 14-18

NO NO NO, Say it isn't so!!!! Please please please tell me that the Cheerleaders are better than the Dance Team. I'm almost thankful that I am not staying on site this year!! We had a great trip last year until Friday of that week when the Dance Teams showed up. Rude, obnoxious, arrogant, selfish. I know they all aren't like that, but as a whole, that is how they portrayed themselves. They acted like WDW was for them alone. My oldest dd just groaned when I told her they were going to be there. I guess this means we are going to either Epcot or AK on Friday (definitely not MK again!!!)

We complained to both WDW and to Varsity last year about our experience. We heard back from WDW, but Varsity never acknowledged us. Made me think they didn't care. Our biggest complaint was lack of responsible adult supervision.

:earsgirl:

But I'd rather listen to a happy, excited teenage group, then a bunch of grouchy parents trying to "make" their kids have fun when all the kids want to do is sleep or go in the pool. If you're going to Disney to "get away from it all", you're going to the wrong place.[/B]

You know if it was just "a happy excited teenage group" that I had to contend with I wouldn't have any problems with the DT and Cheerleaders, but these (mostly) girls were *very* rude. They would link arms and walk 10 across basically blocking anyone's way around them. They cut in line constantly (one girl would stand in line and when she got near the front a huge contingent of her friends would then join her) They were noisy on the rides (screaming the words to Small World the entire trip so that no one in any boat near them could hear) They pushed people out of their way to get ahead or around someone.

I will admit that rude people in general annoy me, but I always thought (or at least it was expressed to me when I was that age) that cheerleaders are supposed to be role models for the rest of their peers. I will admit that I was a cheerleader for one year in high school and loved that year, but we didn't have competitions like this and if we were caught acting like these girls were our coach would chew us a new backside and we would find ourselves on suspension from the team for a week.

It's not the excitement and overly happiness that offends me. It is the pure disrespect for other people.

:earsgirl:

The line cutting is the one thing that really bugs me. It really annoys me that, with all the security WDW has against shoplifting, out-of-area smoking, etc., they won't do a thing about the line cutting by these groups of kids. Someday, some adult is going to lose their cool with one of these groups and Disney is going to wish they had enforced the rules.
This happened at a local amusement park near here and the publicity almost closed the place. A father lost it after standing on line for ages while the teens kept jumping to the front of the line. One of the kids went to the hospital and he went to jail. There were all kinds of fights for a while after that and everybody started to avoid the place.
Hope Disney gets this under control before they get the same type of problem.

TZMOM.......I have the same scar from those old blue strollers at MK....only it was given to me by DH!!

Well, everyone has said their points about Cheerleaders, dance teams, and other various "groups" that converge on Disney property at different times of the year........maybe Disney (even though they don't "sponsor" these groups) should make it available either on a website or in CRO when your making your reservations that these particular groups will be in attendance at the parks............

WE go any time we can......summer, winter, spring or fall. Groups or no groups.......we always have a magical time!!! WE just cherish our family time together in a magical place and make the best of any situtation.

wishing everyone that is going to be at WDW or IOA during the Cheerleading and Dance Team competitions a quiet and magical time..........ask for their itinerary when you check in so you can avoid them at all cost......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter