From Possums to Sea and a Rainy day parade! Sep/Oct 2014

That is unforgivable that they messed up your order for a special meal and were not really able to provide you with something to eat.

Blackfish needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Even as just a fairly regular visitor to SeaWorld I noticed some glaring errors and a lot of the so called advisors are former SeaWorld staff with an ax to grind.

What a shame about all the delays, but actually the safest you will be in a thunder storm is inside a metal "cage" (car, plane). This is the science behind it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

Still, I would not have been very happy about that situation either.

Corinna

That is unforgivable that they messed up your order for a special meal and were not really able to provide you with something to eat. Blackfish needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. Even as just a fairly regular visitor to SeaWorld I noticed some glaring errors and a lot of the so called advisors are former SeaWorld staff with an ax to grind. What a shame about all the delays, but actually the safest you will be in a thunder storm is inside a metal "cage" (car, plane). This is the science behind it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage Still, I would not have been very happy about that situation either. Corinna

I wish I had not watched Blackfish. I really do. Done bun can't be undone!

Thanks for the info! That is reassuring :-)

Wait till the flight home..... Omg VA have lost the plot big time I am sad to say. But AKV never disappoints!

I wish I had not watched Blackfish. I really do. Done bun can't be undone!

Thanks for the info! That is reassuring :-)

Wait till the flight home..... Omg VA have lost the plot big time I am sad to say. But AKV never disappoints!

I agree that it cannot be undone, but this may put things a bit more in context:

http://micechat.com/53915-blackfish-exposed/

http://awesomeocean.com/2014/07/22/blackfish-fans-debunked/

http://seaworld.com/truth/truth-about-blackfish/

Oh dear, this does not sound good about the flight back. I had long since believed that Virgin Atlantic had lost their way, but our flights last December were a much better experience and I hoped that some real change for the better had been made.

Corinna

How horrid about the food mishap on the plane! Shame on them for not fixing the situation!

AKV is always a sight for sore eyes :lovestruc

I agree that it cannot be undone, but this may put things a bit more in context: http://micechat.com/53915-blackfish-exposed/ http://awesomeocean.com/2014/07/22/blackfish-fans-debunked/ http://seaworld.com/truth/truth-about-blackfish/ Oh dear, this does not sound good about the flight back. I had long since believed that Virgin Atlantic had lost their way, but our flights last December were a much better experience and I hoped that some real change for the better had been made. Corinna

Thank you. Basically Corinna I decided until I stop eating meat I can't jump up and down screaming cruelty can I!

Us too re VA. We are giving them one more try next year then we will try another airline.

Us too re VA. We are giving them one more try next year then we will try another airline.

We tend to fly Delta any chance we get. It means flying via Atlanta, but clearing immigration in Atlanta is so much better than at Orlando and then it is just a short hop from there to Orlando.

Corinna

We tend to fly Delta any chance we get. It means flying via Atlanta, but clearing immigration in Atlanta is so much better than at Orlando and then it is just a short hop from there to Orlando. Corinna
yes that is def an option or air lingus that connects in Dublin. They do the immigration in Dublin :-)

Friday September 19th

Day 3 Cars Land

Today was time to do some car leg work! As jet lag took it's toll we use this day to collect our rental car, go to Kissimmee to get a temporary disabled permit , get some shopping in the supermarket and prepare to get hungry at what now seems crazy times :-)

We had some cereal in our room.

Went to the kidani shop for resort mugs for length of stay.

Love the details around this resort

Oh the eye candy!

And the animals...

Got side tracked into going to Jambo house for the irresistible breakfast as they do of a Mickey waffle with caramelised apples and bacon dish. We share one between us. We love this dish :-)

We book the shuttle to Alamo and it picks us up. They even do an accessible one with a lift on the back. Very good customer service. It whisks us off to the Disney car centre near the Magic Kingdom and Jo negotiates us a lovely black Chrysler.

Time to get the disabled parking permit. You get this at the sheriffs office in Kissimmee. This makes us chuckle. We don't have sheriffs in the UK not since Robin Hood days anyway...

Here is the office...

Then we drive to Downtown Disney. It's time enough to score an Earl of Sandwich. Jo enjoys a club and I have a turkey and cranberry. Beyond gorgeous.

We get some provisions at Target milk, juice, cereal , snacks and water. They had lots of Frozen merchandise ...

Jo then suggests we go to Bass Pro as she loved it so much last time.

Here is an item I might need if zombies take over the world..

That evening we go to dinner at The Olive Garden.

Jet lag starts to set in. We watch some show on TV and fall asleep! Tomorrow Frozen Fun at DHS :-) stay tuned!

Oh that Earl! Somehow I missed it this past trip. That must be remedied next time! popcorn::

How nice of the shuttle to have a life on the back.

Love seeing those animals, love it! :)

That zombie reference had me chuckling :laughing:

Looks like you had a productive day. I love the photo with the Ankole Cattle. Unfortunately on our quick visit to Jambo House last year, I did not see any. I have yet to try Earl of Sandwich, but that is on the to do list for the upcoming trip.

Corinna

Oh that Earl! Somehow I missed it this past trip. That must be remedied next time! popcorn:: How nice of the shuttle to have a life on the back. Love seeing those animals, love it! :) That zombie reference had me chuckling :laughing:
double Earl for you my girl next visit! Oh the animals were out in herds on this visit. We got more than our share of viewings.

Looks like you had a productive day. I love the photo with the Ankole Cattle. Unfortunately on our quick visit to Jambo House last year, I did not see any. I have yet to try Earl of Sandwich, but that is on the to do list for the upcoming trip. Corinna
yes I love that cattle. CM would tell me all about the animals everyday. I made a routine of dropping by at feeding time to watch.

You would love the Earl!

Newsflash!

New roadtrip booked. To celebrate Jo and I converting our civil partnership to full marriage in December ( a new change in law ) we are celebrating in a two night trip to DisneyLand Paris :-)

I will do a full TR to include the highlights.....

Driving our car onto a train which then speeds through a tunnel under the English Channel and pops out at France....

Driving through France to DLP

The two parks at DLP, see Christmas lights , Unique to DLP Elsa and Anna in a live stage show, Crush Coaster ride..

and..hopefully...

The new Ratatouille ride! If it is working.

Stay tuned! :-)

Saturday 20th September

For the first time in Forever - a sing a long celebration :-)

d35b8f59e290312c64cae0c6741a7146_zpsd19bb22c.jpg

We woke up and were excited. Today was to be our first day in a park! It was DHS and we had Frozen sing a long on FP+ booked for the morning, also TSMM and Star Tours.

After first and second breakfast we braced ourselves. It was pouring with rain! But being British did we let this stop us? Oh no. We packed our ponchos and headed out.

The car parking at Kidani is wonderful. Underground and the accessible right next to Rafiki lift! We were soon heading to DHS.

First I had to get my DAS card. This is the disabled access card. So I get a return time rather than having to wait in line which I can't. This went smoothly and we headed to the Premier theatre for the singalong.

imagejpg21_zps500b1564.jpg

39291b0edba2903b3ed7c2c63427b336_zps849c4f9e.jpg

Oh my was this a lot of fun on a rainy day!

They had two main narrators who were very funny but first Anna came out.

97bbd0fe966793927a34cc64d7ce7b1c_zps4162966f.jpg

Then we had various songs including the wonderful Olaf in summer time

a978112102223b52e0622152174b7729_zps657def8b.jpg

2f54a50178fcb55d598a787c716081bf_zps585da696.jpg

Nice stage setting..

1b2abcf121389830a01e8ff308a27f5f_zpsf0169416.jpg

The narrators are the two to the left. Anna and Elsa come out..

7f44e6038648537d7828b965f8eabe39_zps0e98e102.jpg

The finale..

207cadfd3277fceada1865023c9979f6_zpsf544ff42.jpg

It was lots of fun. We sat right on the front row as this is the accessible seating. It was also where the VIP package seating was.

When it finished it has stopped raining :-)

d143543116d5fa27619df233e479370a_zps3b858481.jpg

We did TSMM next. I was still a beaver lol but Jo is much better being a cool kitty :-)

Then we had lunch at the ABC commissary. It was really raining now so we saved Star Tours for another day and went to the outlet mall to get some sketchers. They are much cheaper in the US than UK. We pay about $80 for a pair. We got 2 pairs for that in the mall :-)

Then we went back to the resort. Got dry and went out to the Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. We both scored burgers :-)

Back to beloved AKV for some TV shows and a rest for the evening. A great day despite the weather!

Loving the report so far! And I love both of your Frozen t shirts. I really, really hope all the Frozen attractions are still there next December - DD will be made up! :goodvibes

Claire :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter