• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fully vaccinated, what is the first thing you did?

And yesterday, I took the kids to see Raya and the Last Dragon in a theatre. The last time we had been to the movies was March 17, 2020 to see Onward.

That's funny, the last movie I saw before the shut down was Onward and I did go to see Raya though not yet fully vaccinated - there was hardly anybody there. I did miss the movies!

Last edited:
I've gotten one shot, and second is scheduled. Won't do anything different.

Already go to the gym, tanning, indoor dining and bars, malls, nail salon, hair salon, grocery stores, been on an airplane almost 10 times the past year, etc.

All these places are open, I'm supporting as many small businesses as I can, and I'm living my life.

Last edited:
Marie and I went to breakfast in a restaurant, one of our favorites. We went mid morning, not crowded at all. We had not eaten in a restaurant since Feb last year. We were masked up other than when actually eating and then after finished eating. It felt quite strange going into a restaurant, something taken for granted 14 months ago. But it was a step forward.

The first Sunday two weeks after I have my second shot I will go to a brewery, sit outside, as far away from other people as I can and enjoy a draft beer.

I did nothing special, but I'm also in dire need of a cut.
Booked an appointment to get my hair cut, so that's today.

Haven't had a cut since Oct 2019 so my hair is just long and wavy/curly with no pizzaz, I want my pizzaz back.
Every 6 months I made two low ponytails and cut straight across with sewing scissors.
Today I will be down near Boston's waterfront being a human again because the stylist kindly agreed to meet me when the shop is closed so I'll be safe.

Wonder what other people are doing who've been hiding out, I feel like baby Bambi learning to walk, this clip feels right:
If you're going to ask for pizzaz, don't forget to ask them to add a little razzle dazzle, because razzle dazzle goes a long way.

We've been locked down hard this year because my dad's very high risk. He's been fully vaccinated for over a month now, and I got my second shot yesterday. Two weeks from now, we'll start to reemerge, but slowly. Biggest thing will be restarting board game night with fully vaccinated friends. Road trip probably in a month or so, but things like indoor dining will wait.

I get my second shot in just less than 2 weeks. After that I really won't do anything different. We have been going out and about to restaurants, stores, getting together with friends and family over the last year.
I totally agree with the pp, it will just be a mental release after I'm fully vaccinated.

I'm not there yet but the trip I booked for this summer was absolutely done on the premise of being fully vaccinated, reliant as it is on longer flights than we've taken since the pandemic started and other public transit options that might not allow much distancing.

Honestly, most of the stuff I'm missing that I wouldn't have been comfortable doing without a vaccine won't be reopening any time soon anyway. I wish I could say I was going to celebrate vaccination by going to a concert or live theatre, but the consensus I'm hearing is that those things won't be back this year regardless.

That's funny, the last movie I saw before the shut down was Onward and I did go to see Raya though not yet fully vaccinated - there was hardly anybody there. I did miss the movies!

Me too! But not enough to go see anything that's out right now. My husband is desperate enough that he suggested going to see Godzilla v. Kong, just to eat popcorn in a theatre again, but I have standards TYVM. LOL

Me too! But not enough to go see anything that's out right now. My husband is desperate enough that he suggested going to see Godzilla v. Kong, just to eat popcorn in a theatre again, but I have standards TYVM. LOL

I had been looking forward to Raya for some time, so I decided to give it a shot in theaters since they were open here. It wasn't busy and I did keep my mask on the whole time. I was generally happy with the theater experience and how they were keeping things safe with spacing, etc. I don't know how I would feel if it were a bigger movie, like a Marvel or something. Of course, I will be fully vaxed by then, so I may have to consider Black Widow.

My second shot is scheduled for Thursday, but I won’t be doing anything different. We have been eating in restaurants all along, except when they were completely shut down. I’ve still been going shopping. We took a short vacation last month to Tennessee. We will continue wearing masks. I guess the one thing will be to have our big family gathering at Christmas, which we didn’t have last year because of COVID. So we are all really looking forward to that.

Have not changed anything. We never gave up visiting with our kids/grandkids/close friends circle.

We were hoping to see grandma who had the virus and fully vaccinated but she will not visit anyone until the virus is eradicated.

Would love to go to the movie theater but our theaters are still closed.

Went in my parents house (both 75+) and had dinner. We ate outside at a restaurant last week (Had only done curbside before that). I’m going to meet a friend for coffee and go to Target and buy stuff I don’t need

I can't wait to go home and visit family. I haven't seen them in almost 2 years now. I know grandma is fully vaccinated, and I believe my mom is about to be or is already.

I haven't done anything special and the only thing different I have done is hang out with my (also fully vaccinated) sister unmasked.

I went to Fla to get the shots. Second one is Wednesday. 3 weeks in between. I haven’t changed anything that I have ever done with the exception of wearing a mask. So no changes. Staying here for awhile. Tired of Tam and Ford dictating how to live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter