Galactic Starcruiser Closing Permanently In September!

I think it would have done better as just a hotel. I don't think the audience for the cosplay, etc. was ever all that big, expecially when you need a cross-section of people who like that sort of thing AND can afford it. I mean, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and it didn't appeal to me that much. Like, it looked cool and I'm sure I'd have had fun there, but for the price? Nah, not really. A regular hotel would have been more appealing, maybe with an elaborate dinner show or something. Honesty, the push for "immersive" has gone a little too far in my opinion,
I think this assessment is pretty much spot on. Even if it were at a lesser price I think this "immersive role-play" idea was doomed from the start.

They should have done Prequels for 3 days, Original Trilogy Theme for 3 days, and then Disney Trilogy for 3days, and even the Mando stuff added in too, and repeat. Making the whole thing catered to only the Disney Sequels greatly limited the audience to this thing. Here's a hint, many of us OT fans really don't care for the Sequel Trilogy. Also guess what OT fans are a tad older and likely have more expendable income to spend of stuff like this.

Same way with the theme park, it should be all eras of Star Wars represented. That was a stupid decision too.

They should have done Prequels for 3 days, Original Trilogy Theme for 3 days, and then Disney Trilogy for 3days, and even the Mando stuff added in too, and repeat. Making the whole thing catered to only the Disney Sequels greatly limited the audience to this thing. Here's a hint, many of us OT fans really don't care for the Sequel Trilogy. Also guess what OT fans are a tad older and likely have more expendable income to spend of stuff like this.

Same way with the theme park, it should be all eras of Star Wars represented. That was a stupid decision too.
I totally get why they have modeled a lot of stuff off of the newer movies, and I think that’s cool for younger fans.

but i feel at some points, they‘ve forgotten what made Star Wars what it is. IMO, more things from the original trilogy are needed.

I totally get why they have modeled a lot of stuff off of the newer movies, and I think that’s cool for younger fans.

but i feel at some points, they‘ve forgotten what made Star Wars what it is. IMO, more things from the original trilogy are needed.

Ehh - they do so much for hte OT though. I say more things from the Prequels are needed! 😁

Ehh - they do so much for hte OT though. I say more things from the Prequels are needed! 😁
What do they do so much for the OT? What are you more likely to see Kylo or Vader in the parks? What about Luke or Rey?

Yeah I think the OT merchandise sells really well, so you see it represented. However, I don't think the OT is represented in the parks very much at all. You can say the falcon, but that's Rey's ship now so that's really Sequel stuff.

What do they do so much for the OT? What are you more likely to see Kylo or Vader in the parks? What about Luke or Rey?

Yeah I think the OT merchandise sells really well, so you see it represented. However, I don't think the OT is represented in the parks very much at all. You can say the falcon, but that's Rey's ship now so that's really Sequel stuff.

Well, in the parks specifically, it is more ST, though the ST is so much like the OT aesthetically that there isn't much difference really. You can still see Vader at the Launch Bay, just not at Galaxy's Edge.

Well, in the parks specifically, it is more ST, though the ST is so much like the OT aesthetically that there isn't much difference really. You can still see Vader at the Launch Bay, just not at Galaxy's Edge.
I think a there was decision by leadership at Disney to focus Galaxies edge on the ST. My understanding is the original plan was to represent the prequels, OT, and Sequels, but after The Force Awakens did so well the plan was changed to focus on just the Disney stuff.

My opinion is this was a mistake and they should have stayed with the original plan. I think the demand would be higher for Galaxies Edge, Merchandise, and even the Star-cruiser Hotel if they represented all of the Star Wars movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter