• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Bumping this thread to keep it near the top...

Tonight, the Battle of Winterfell!

And also! Have you heard? The crypts are totally safe! The safest place to be safe is in the safety of the crypts. Which are totally safe!
:scratchin Wait...are you implying you suspect the crypts aren't safe? :laughing: This is just another unfortunate example of an inkling that would have taken an entire season to emerge through interesting interactions and subtle shadowing, rather than be so clumsily spewed all over. Doesn't really make for edge-of-your-seat suspense. {{sigh}}

I took dinner to my parents tonight. I just don’t know how to make a small pot of Sunday sauce.

Dad mentioned something about them placing something on top of the crypts to keep everyone safe so anyone who rises from their crypt will be slaughtered with either Valerian steel or dragon stone. I don’t recall anything like that being said so it sounds like my father’s theory.

I decided to start reading the books... a little late to the party, I know.

Anyway, something that kinda stuck out at me, reading the 1st book, is the motto for Winterfell - "Winter is coming."

And what Ned said about the pack - one may go down, but the pack survives.

When I put those 2 things w/ all the dead Starks in the crypt, I'm almost starting to think... I don't know, really, but maybe the Starks (dead & living) combine w/ the Night King & then proceed together toward Casterly Rock.

Because, all along, they've been Winter... And Winter is now here.

And this kinda really works if Bran himself is somehow the Night King.

I'm going to go out on a limb with a bold prediction, bear with me here, but I'm pretty sure someone is going to DIE!

Hey Dany, let's hide next to all these swords in the crypt?
You know nothing John Snow. Haven't you watched horror movies before?

I was expecting more main character deaths.

I was too, but I think I'm ok with that - more will die in the next battle, I'm sure! They did seem to be some of the more "likely" deaths, but there were a few I thought for sure they were goners! There's always next week...some characters I'm not even sure if they survived because I was peeking out from my blanket and didn't catch everything. Roll call?

It was so dark & hard to follow the action...

I was having to wait until I got a glimpse of a character's face in between action sequences... "Well, there's Jamie! And the Hound. Oh, good! There's Jon & Dany."

I think we lost Beric, Melisandre, Sam, Gilly, Lady Lyanna, Jorah, Theon, Black Watch guy, and Ghost

Not sure about Raegal and Grey Worm

Pretty sure Drogon, Jaime, Brienne, and Tormund are still around

Last edited:
I was too, but I think I'm ok with that - more will die in the next battle, I'm sure! They did seem to be some of the more "likely" deaths, but there were a few I thought for sure they were goners! There's always next week...some characters I'm not even sure if they survived because I was peeking out from my blanket and didn't catch everything. Roll call?

The ones I saw die:
Theon, Melissandre, Lyanna Mormont, Beric, Jorah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter