General chit chat thread.

However, have just cheered myself up by booking a day spa for my friend and me for her birthday. Last minute.com have some wonderful deals - my local spa (my gym actually) was just a tenner for a full robed up day with use all facilites inc express mani or pedi and a light lunch for just £10 (usually £60), so check the website girls, there are loads of offers nationwide. These offers have just come out today :)

Sounds lovely, I hope you both enjoy it :thumbsup2

However, have just cheered myself up by booking a day spa for my friend and me for her birthday. Last minute.com have some wonderful deals - my local spa (my gym actually) was just a tenner for a full robed up day with use all facilites inc express mani or pedi and a light lunch for just £10 (usually £60), so check the website girls, there are loads of offers nationwide. These offers have just come out today :)
Don't want to put it on FB as my friend will see that it only cost me a tenner:lmao::lmao:

Thanks for the heads up on FB, Jo - I've just bought 4 vouchers to use with Sophie over the next 6 months. It's brilliant value. :thumbsup2

How do you find the gym? I used to be a member there but switched to Holmes Place (now Virgin Active) when my trainer moved. TBH I'm thinking about moving back as it's so convenient and I've got all out of the gym loop where I am... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up on FB, Jo - I've just bought 4 vouchers to use with Sophie over the next 6 months. It's brilliant value. :thumbsup2

How do you find the gym? I used to be a member there but switched to Holmes Place (now Virgin Active) when my trainer moved. TBH I'm thinking about moving back as it's so convenient and I've got all out of the gym loop where I am... :rolleyes:

Good:goodvibes

I re-joined David Lloyd (as it is now) back in October. We were members when it first opened BC ( = before children) and gave up our memberships upon the arrival of Anna as it was not at all child friendly. It now is very child friendly but TBH I don't use the facilites with them often as they have enough going after school. You might occasionally "bump into" the baby swimming lessons, but we are talking three to four babies at a time so it doesn't bother me.
I find the gym good, the equipment is good (upgraded a lot last year), the staff nice, and having the Spa area does encourage me to go as although I don't use those facilites everytime I go, I do look forward to my post workout steam/sauna. I also find myself topping up my visits by just going for a swim and a spa session on a sunday night for instance (lovely to unwind after a busy wend and get ready for the week ahead). I haven't yet worked my way up to group exercise but many of my friends go and they really like the classes, there is lots of choice and they really rate the instructors. I was thinking of trying Pilates soon.
I don't use tennis courts or squash courts so can't tell you much about that. They are in the process of extending the club to improve the changing rooms and include further outdoor facilites including a pool:thumbsup2

Afternoon everyone,

Just trying to price holidays for this year (not Florida unfortunately) :sad2:

I've founda fab deal for 14 nights to Menorca leaving on the 23rd June (DD would have finished her GCSE's) but get this...

4 adults for 2 weeks self catering total price with flights £820
3 adults 1 child (she is 15) total £1002.00 (3x£69 occupancy supp)

What a joke!! do you think i can put my 15yr old down as an adult??

Afternoon everyone,

Just trying to price holidays for this year (not Florida unfortunately) :sad2:

I've founda fab deal for 14 nights to Menorca leaving on the 23rd June (DD would have finished her GCSE's) but get this...

4 adults for 2 weeks self catering total price with flights £820
3 adults 1 child (she is 15) total £1002.00 (3x£69 occupancy supp)

What a joke!! do you think i can put my 15yr old down as an adult??

That sounds like a good deal. Check but I think most holiday companies class over 12's as adults.

That sounds like a good deal. Check but I think most holiday companies class over 12's as adults.

It's with Portland holidays and they have a child up to 16 years on self catering holidays. I am going to give them a ring and see.

Whow:woohoo: £10 :woohoo: Great Deal Joanne, it's the thought that counts & i'm sure your both enjoy it. ;)

Had a bloomin grim couple of days. Freezer in the garage is kapput, (not too bothered about that TBH just don't want to deal with it)came out to a flat tyre this morning, managed to get some air into it to get to pre-school and kwik fit.
Don't want to put it on FB as my friend will see that it only cost me a tenner:lmao::lmao:

I always get annoyed by holiday companies not being obvious about what they class as an adult. It varies so much and can make a huge difference to the price of a holiday. I don't mind what age they choose I just wish they'd state it on the page where you actually need to input your party size!!

(have you noticed this is one of my pet peeves?)

I didn't like to see the chit chat thread so far down the board.

So we are now into the last week of my dd's holidays. She will be heading home to UK Friday night. Think she has enjoyed herself, she doesn't give much away.

We are heading off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Imagination of Doctor something:confused3 This is the film that Heath Ledger was making when he died and Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell took over the role. Not sure if its my cup of tea but my daughter has to see anything with Johnny Depp in it. I can't see him past Jack Sparrow though.

Have a good day everyone:thumbsup2

I didn't like to see the chit chat thread so far down the board.

So we are now into the last week of my dd's holidays. She will be heading home to UK Friday night. Think she has enjoyed herself, she doesn't give much away.

We are heading off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Imagination of Doctor something:confused3 This is the film that Heath Ledger was making when he died and Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell took over the role. Not sure if its my cup of tea but my daughter has to see anything with Johnny Depp in it. I can't see him past Jack Sparrow though.

Wow time flies Sadie. I am sure your DD has had a lovely time, enjoy your last few days together. x

ive got an unexpected day off !! not sure what to do know though :rotfl2:

Have a great day Sadie xx

Go shopping Nat. ::yes:: Have a great day whatever you do. x

I am trying to catch up with the housework as I didn't do much last week when I wasn't feeling great.....Oh the excitement! :rolleyes:

Have an enjoyable day Nat now your not working today. :thumbsup2

Claire , hope you get all your housework done :thumbsup2

I'm just back from having a wonder round some shops , so i thought i'd arm myself with a cuppa and sit at the computer for a while & see whats going on on here and face book. :)

Enjoy the movie Sadie, let us know what you think of it :)

ive got an unexpected day off !! not sure what to do know though :rotfl2:

Lucky you. Enjoy your unexpected day off, and go shopping :rotfl2:

I am trying to catch up with the housework as I didn't do much last week when I wasn't feeling great.....Oh the excitement! :rolleyes:

LOL, your day sounds about as thrilling as mine. Get on with the next part of your trippy, I can't wait to hear about Castaway Cay :thumbsup2

I'm just back from having a wonder round some shops , so i thought i'd arm myself with a cuppa and sit at the computer for a while & see whats going on on here and face book. :)

Enjoy a bit of a chill Jill, did you buy anything nice this morning ? :)

I didn't do anything exciting this morning, I just took my mum into Coventry and popped to Tesco on the way home - exciting eh ?? Roll on the weekend :yay:

Mandy i brought a new purse, and everyday is a chill day here;).

I've just made an apple & Cinnamon cake .
Can't beat the smell of a cake baking and the aroma fills the house :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter