Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I plan to visit DTD on Sunday for a few hours, in part to score some limited merch for a friend :-). If there’s anything anyone here would like me to check on, please let me know.

I’ve booked this cool Porsche, which I’ll drive to DTD, to celebrate a few things: my 26th anniversary as a vegetarian (tomorrow) and the completion of a new TV pilot script that I just sent to a friend who’s super successful and has created/written shows that most of you will know. Wish me luck on all fronts! :-).
View attachment 522190
Have a wonderful visit! If you see CM Abby, please tell her that her fans on the DIS send their regards. :)

I’m at DTD right now! They have plenty of Halloween merchandise! Even the Hocus Pocus spirit jersey in purple!

It's just crazy to me that they are using virtual queues for the stores. That just tells me that it is way too crowded for someone like me. Glad that those who can go and enjoy are.

edited because I missed a word

Last edited:
It's just to me that they are using virtual queues for the stores. That just tells me that it is way too crowded for someone like me. Glad that those who can go and enjoy are.
There are a lot of people but there is plenty of space to social distance. Also the capacity for in the stores is pretty low.

Also I think I saw the famous Abby. She was helping guests move to the right spots to sit. Then she was moving umbrellas to create shade. I really need to send in a compliment for all of the CM’s they are doing so much!

There are a lot of people but there is plenty of space to social distance. Also the capacity for in the stores is pretty low.
I am sure for the average person that it would be fine. I have a very low tolerance for crowds/people right now. The photo's I've seen of the crowds / lack of crowds shows me that I would not be comfortable. I shop at 6am when the stores open for that reason.

I am sure for the average person that it would be fine. I have a very low tolerance for crowds/people right now. The photo's I've seen of the crowds / lack of crowds shows me that I would not be comfortable. I shop at 6am when the stores open for that reason.

I have zero tolerance for crowds too. They really don't let many people into the stores at once. Particularly the smaller stores like Marcelines and Dress Shop. They basically limit those to under 10 people at a time.

Mini Review of my trip today:

This was my first time going on a Saturday since opening weekend. I got to DTD around 9:35. Had no problems going into the parking lot or the health screening. I headed straight to WOD. The line was in the opposite direction from the last time I was there. The entrance is now at the old exit by La Brea Bakery. The line curves up towards the tram area. I got in the line and waited maybe 10 minutes? The store inside wasn't crowded..at least to me. Halloween merch is out all over! It's spread out throughout the store so that helps with people bunching up while looking for things. I noticed that a few of the mask prints were restocked in adult sizes.

When I left WOD I went to Marcelines. They were already using a virtual return system. This was my first time having to use a virtual return. That was a 30 minute wait. Next I put my name down for the Dress Shop return. That also was about a 30 minute wait. I put my name down for the Home Store, but it seemed to take a while, so I decided to have the CM take my name off the list, because I was going to leave. 2.5 hours a later I still got a text saying it was my time at the Home Store. Glad I didn't wait lol. I also visited Sugar Boo & Co. and Starbucks.

This was definitely the most crowded I've seen DTD, but you can still social distance pretty well, so I felt fine. I didn't have a problem finding a spot in the shade to drink my Starbucks while I waited for my return time. I think in the future, I will stick with weekdays after work though. Less people, and no virtual lines (although @theluckyrabbit reported last week they had a virtual line when Halloween stuff was released on a weekday). I actually wasn't planning on going today, but I woke up early and decided to go. When i was heading out towards the 5, I saw the long line of traffic trying to get in. I'm not sure if parking was closed off or not, but I'm glad I was able to get there early and not deal with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter