Good CS meal in Downtown Disney

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
DH and I plan on eating one night at DD. We were going to go to the Earl of Sandwich but reviews here say that is not a wise use of a CS meal on the plan. Where else could we get a good CS meal at DD?

We were thinking of CS at Earl of Sandwich, but this post makes me think otherwise. Now I'm interested in seeing where a good option in DTD might be.

I can't recommend the Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD enough. Great variety, quality, and service for a CS meal. I go every time now. The only drawback is that the secret must be out because it can get very crowded.

Wofgangs gets my vote! We loved it! They have rotisserie chicken and mash po, bbq chicken quesidillas, butternut squash soup,gourmet pizzas and desserts, salads, sandwhiches and pastas..Plenty of variety and very good food!

Regardless of what the reviews say about whether it's good financial use of a CS credit... Ear of Sandwich is very good. If you are hungry and you are Downtown, use your credits. I'm not an expert on the Dining Plan having only used it once, but I say eat what you want, and try not to focus on whether or not your are coming out ahead financially on the deal.

bblanch said:
but I say eat what you want, and try not to focus on whether or not your are coming out ahead financially on the deal.

I agree. :)

We ate at EOS 4 times on the ddp last year, and plan to return next time.

We enjoy the food, and it fills us up - so we consider it worth using a credit on.

I'm surprised that you read that EofS was not a good choice. We loved it. The sandwiches are huge and very good. They have a great selection, including lots of salads. For dessert you have your choice of fruit, a large cookie or a brownie. We would definitely go back.

bluejasmine said:
Wofgangs gets my vote! We loved it! They have rotisserie chicken and mash po, bbq chicken quesidillas, butternut squash soup,gourmet pizzas and desserts, salads, sandwhiches and pastas..Plenty of variety and very good food!

Is Wolfgang Puck Express is two locations? One in the Marketplace and one at the other end? I am confused about this and was thinking of eating here either before or after Cirque (I really need to use up the counter service credits since I am going overboard on TS). Is one better than the other?

vellamint said:
Is Wolfgang Puck Express is two locations? One in the Marketplace and one at the other end? I am confused about this and was thinking of eating here either before or after Cirque (I really need to use up the counter service credits since I am going overboard on TS). Is one better than the other?
THe express is in the Marketplace. There are 2 TS WP restaurants on the Westside, but only the Cafe takes the DDP on the Westside and it is TS.

Thank you.....I will check out the menus for WP Marketplace.....

I dont suppose that it will NOT be crowded after Cirque haha.

WOW...the EOS has the best sandwiches I have ever had...wish they would put one where I live...we ate there several times our last visit and have already planned to eat there several times this time when we are there in Sept...great place to eat...and I agree with whoever said don't try to pay too close attention to value..last time I had purchased the meal tickets before we went...BIG MISTAKE....we spent so much time trying to find the place that gave us meals that equaled the value of the stupid ticket..which I understand they do not have the tickets anymore..sure hope my complaints had something to do with that...cause everytime I saw someone with one I would ask them how they liked them and not one person said they did..so I am glad they are gone...
Eat for what you will enjoy and don't worry about if you are getting the best deal...for the most part I am sure you will get plently for the meal
Have a great time! :rotfl:

:lovestruc LOVE the EARL!!!! Actually, it will be our first meal on our upcoming trip!!! Also, the salads are awesome & HUGE - make your own - you can add whatever you want too - YUM!!! :sunny:

Another vote for WPE! This was our best CS meal of the trip! I had Bar-B-Q Chicken Quesadillas, DH had Bar-B-Q Chicken Pizza, DD had Chinese Chicken Salad, and DS had Linguini with Tomato, Basil, and Garlic. It was all delicious, and we enjoyed sitting outside (it was evening, so not too hot). We were all very full afterwards, so we brought 4 very large and yummy cookies back to our room which we snacked on later. You can't go wrong with WPE. There is an extensive menu, something to please most everyone!

WPE most DEFINITELY gets my vote for DTD CS! I've eaten at both the TS and CS versions of this restaurant in DTD and I can tell you that it quickly became my favorite place in DTD! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Highly recommend the gourmet pizza's, they are Oh SO GOOD! And the salads are good too. WPE has a decent amount of real estate in DTD. There are 2 locations: one being the table service restaurant and one being the Express counter service restaurant.
My sister and I will be in WDW in October. We don't really have time to do a sit down meal in DTD, so we are opting for a meal one night at WPE! Can't wait! I'm drolling on the other side of the screen here!

:worship:

Is WGP Express really crowded in the evening? We're going in Aug and it might be too hot to eat outside.

MrsG said:
Is WGP Express really crowded in the evening? We're going in Aug and it might be too hot to eat outside.

If I recall correctly, there were only 4 or so tables inside the restaurant. The rest were either under a covered patio or across the plaza. We ate outside and it wasn't terribly uncomfortable (I think the temp was about 95 degrees that day). There was plenty of shade.

Try the Rosemary chicken! YUM- and with the dining plan you can choose a side dish. (I had Caesar salad).

Another vote for WPE! It is fantastic. You get a huge meal and then a cookie the size of your head to bring back to your room for later. Can't beat that! The pizza is out of this world as is the rosemary chicken. We also found the service outside to be fantastic - clean tables and prompt help when needed. We're going back in Oct!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter