Gotta Perfect That Hula - A July 2010 PTR - UPDATED 8/3 - I STARTED THE TR!!!!

Weather looks great!!!!
Yes it does!! :goodvibes

That forecast looks A-MA-ZING!!! So excited for you! And a big fat WORD on the poncho thing. I actually refused to wear one on our August 09 trip during a literal FLOOD at MGM. We're talking Noah-building-an-ark type of downpour. I was soaked to the bone, but I didn't care, it was still better than the poncho. It was kind of liberating actually. :banana:

YAY! for you leaving in 3 days!!!!! :yay: I'm practially jumping up and down with excitement despite the fact that I will not be going with you (unfortunately). :goodvibes
Yeah, every once in a while, getting completely soaked is kinda fun. Then you go into the air-conditioned buildings and freeze to death (or at least I did) but there is something liberating about forgoing the poncho and embracing the rain. :laughing:

Well, the weather looks awesome and I am just too excited for you to even discuss this any longer LOL. I see that some Glee discussion has gone on here so I must mention my favorite Glee cover is SOMEBODY TO LOVE!!!!!! Lea Michele's voice is so perfect it actually makes me a bit sick.

Anyway, THE MAGIC IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.........!!!!!!!
I LOVE SOMEBODY TO LOVE!! I think it's probably my favorite Glee cover too. It gives me chills anytime I listen to it. I'm also quite the fan of Like a Prayer and the Borderline/Open Your Heart mash up from the Madonna episode. I didn't really like the episode (The second half of the season kinda sucked compared to the first half, IMO) but the music was really good. And of course, Don't Stop Believin' is up there too. It's the quintessential Glee song. :thumbsup2

Holy cow! Only 3 days?!?!? :cheer2::dance3::cheer2: Have a super duper time!!!!
THANKS! And yes 3 days!!!! WDW better be getting ready for this crazy girl to hit the parks! :rotfl:

HI KARA!! :wave2:

OMG I just finished reading your whole PTR and I LOVED IT!!! I'm so so so glad that I caught this a couple of days before you leave for your trip (AHHHH I'm so super excited for you!!!!) so then while your gone I can know that at least someone I "know" in the world is enjoying some major Disney magic! ;)

Okay, so my current situation is TRYING to get my family to go to Disney World again- ah, I'm trying ever so hard. So, your excitement boosted my excitement and now I'm just SUPER pumped for the next time I DO make it down there!!! :cloud9:

So, I just wanted to let you know that I am HERE and excited to read your TR after your vacation... I hope you have a beyond FABULOUS one!!!! <3 There were many moments in this that made me literally LOL... and one that comes to mind is when you said your mom and you watched the LOST finale after never seeing an episode- HAHAHAH yeah my mom and I are culprits of that toooooo! :)

OH, and I love to dance as well!! And I want the job of the green/snake girl in FotLK!!!!!!! And I love Glee. I'm actually in a show choir at my high school currently- SO MUCH FUN. :D

Okay, welllll thank you SO much for providing me with this wonderful entertainment. I think you're pretty awesome!! Haha good luck with packing and whatnot!

Brooke :)

Ahhh you're SO CLOSE! :banana:

I didn't know you were going to be in WDW on my birthday (27th). Awesome! The weather looks perfect, yay for minimal rain and high 80s!

Yay, I can't believe you're going in 3 days! :cool1:

The weather looks fantastic! :woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana:

HI KARA!! :wave2:

OMG I just finished reading your whole PTR and I LOVED IT!!! I'm so so so glad that I caught this a couple of days before you leave for your trip (AHHHH I'm so super excited for you!!!!) so then while your gone I can know that at least someone I "know" in the world is enjoying some major Disney magic! ;)

Okay, so my current situation is TRYING to get my family to go to Disney World again- ah, I'm trying ever so hard. So, your excitement boosted my excitement and now I'm just SUPER pumped for the next time I DO make it down there!!! :cloud9:

So, I just wanted to let you know that I am HERE and excited to read your TR after your vacation... I hope you have a beyond FABULOUS one!!!! <3 There were many moments in this that made me literally LOL... and one that comes to mind is when you said your mom and you watched the LOST finale after never seeing an episode- HAHAHAH yeah my mom and I are culprits of that toooooo! :)

OH, and I love to dance as well!! And I want the job of the green/snake girl in FotLK!!!!!!! And I love Glee. I'm actually in a show choir at my high school currently- SO MUCH FUN. :D

Okay, welllll thank you SO much for providing me with this wonderful entertainment. I think you're pretty awesome!! Haha good luck with packing and whatnot!

Brooke :)
Hi, girl!!

I hope that you can convince your family to go to WDW soon. Just keep begging. And playing Disney music all the time. And possibly pulling out the big guns and crying a bit. It's hard to resist tears. :laughing:

I'm so jealous that you're in show choir. I totally regret not joining my high school's show choir. But I was in orchestra (lame, I know, but we had some good times :upsidedow) and didn't have room in my schedule to do both.

Anyway, thanks for reading!!!

Oh, and this is probably super weird, but I just have to say that I LOVE YOUR NAME. If I ever have a daughter, I'm naming her Brooke. It's so pretty.

Ahhh you're SO CLOSE! :banana:

I didn't know you were going to be in WDW on my birthday (27th). Awesome! The weather looks perfect, yay for minimal rain and high 80s!
Well, since I won't be here to wish you well on your actual birthday, I'll say it now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! :dance3::yay::dance3:

Woo, so soon!!! Weather looks great! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!!

So, I can't believe it took so long for this to dawn on me, but it literally just did...

Tonight is my last "real" night at home. We're leaving Wednesday night/Thursday morning at like 3:30 AM, so I'm not planning on sleeping until we get in the car and go. So tonight will be the last time I sleep in my own bed before vacation!! SO EXCITING.

And I'm also just now realizing that I probably should have set my ticker to the day we leave and not the day we arrive at WDW, because I'm confusing myself. Oh well, it'd be stupid to change it now. :confused3

This is kinda random, but because we were talking about it in Lia's TR, enjoy this mash-up of two of my all-time favorite things...Disney movies and Mean Girls.
"That's why her hair is so big. It's full of secrets."

I never realized just how much Rachel McAdams looks like Aurora.

Alright, well I need to go get back to attempting to pack. I haven't made much progress thus far. :rotfl:

Hi, girl!!

I hope that you can convince your family to go to WDW soon. Just keep begging. And playing Disney music all the time. And possibly pulling out the big guns and crying a bit. It's hard to resist tears. :laughing:

I'm so jealous that you're in show choir. I totally regret not joining my high school's show choir. But I was in orchestra (lame, I know, but we had some good times :upsidedow) and didn't have room in my schedule to do both.

Anyway, thanks for reading!!!

Oh, and this is probably super weird, but I just have to say that I LOVE YOUR NAME. If I ever have a daughter, I'm naming her Brooke. It's so pretty.

Ooooooh, I like those ideas!! Hm, maybe I'll have to make a Disney Playlist, burn it onto nifty little CDs, blast it throughout the house on a regular basis, and distribute them to various members of my immediate and extended family! Sounds fab to me :)

Ahh, I LOVE show choir- and I totes relate to the whole musical instrument thing... I play the alto saxophone! BAND GEEEEEEK over here. :laughing: But now (thanks to scheduling issues, like you too) I have to drop it. Ah well, I've now joined the marching band hehe.

OHHH and I meant to tell you... I'm a total musical theater nerd!!!!! :yay: So we'll get along juuuust fine. ;)

Awww, thanks so much for complimenting my name! Then, when you have a daughter, name her Brooke, take her to DISNEY WORLD of course, write more TR's and include her, then I can come back and be all YESSS I inspired the name!!! HAHA just kidding. :D

Anyway, that's super exciting that your trip is SO CLOSE! I shall go follow you on twitter so I can get updates on your magical vacation! <3

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA that Youtube vid was AMAZING.

Have fun packing!! :)

"That's why her hair is so big. It's full of secrets."

I never realized just how much Rachel McAdams looks like Aurora.

Alright, well I need to go get back to attempting to pack. I haven't made much progress thus far. :rotfl:

That was full of WIN!!!!

Have fun packing, I always love the "idea" of packing because it means the trip is close, but never the actual task :laughing:

I can't wait to live vicariously through you, I Just added you on twittah!

OMG, that Mean Girls/Disney vid was HILARIOUS!!! So. Awesome. I love "Mean Girls." I pretty much quote it daily. "Four for you, Glen Coco! You GO, Glen Coco!!! And none for Gretchen Wieners, bye!" :lmao:

And you leave tomorrow night? Dude, I'm soooooo jealous. Good idea about sleeping in the car. That'll help pass the travel time even faster! :thumbsup2

OH! Before I forget, I was browsing through my Disney music collection and stumbled upon something you might like. TROPICAL DISNEY MUSIC!!! :cool1:

If you search "Trinidad and Tobago Showboat Orchestra" in iTunes, an album will pop up called "Film Music - Favorite Disney Tunes in Steelband Style." It's an instrumental steeldrum band playing some of the most popular Disney tunes. I own all of "The Lion King" songs as well as "Under the Sea" and "Beauty and the Beast" and I LOVE THEM. They are perfect for getting you into the tropical mood, especially when staying somewhere like the Poly. Anyways, just thought I would share. When I rediscovered them today, I thought of you. :goodvibes

In case I don't "see" you again before you leave (I work all day tomorrow. :rolleyes: ), have a GREAT and MAGICAL time on your trip. I'll be waiting with everyone else for you to get back. :flower3:

Woo, so soon!!! Weather looks great! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!!!
:dance3:

:yay: Your trip is almost here! :yay:

Hope you have a truly magical time! :tinker:
THANKS!!! :woohoo:
Ooooooh, I like those ideas!! Hm, maybe I'll have to make a Disney Playlist, burn it onto nifty little CDs, blast it throughout the house on a regular basis, and distribute them to various members of my immediate and extended family! Sounds fab to me :)

Ahh, I LOVE show choir- and I totes relate to the whole musical instrument thing... I play the alto saxophone! BAND GEEEEEEK over here. :laughing: But now (thanks to scheduling issues, like you too) I have to drop it. Ah well, I've now joined the marching band hehe.

OHHH and I meant to tell you... I'm a total musical theater nerd!!!!! :yay: So we'll get along juuuust fine. ;)

Awww, thanks so much for complimenting my name! Then, when you have a daughter, name her Brooke, take her to DISNEY WORLD of course, write more TR's and include her, then I can come back and be all YESSS I inspired the name!!! HAHA just kidding. :D

Anyway, that's super exciting that your trip is SO CLOSE! I shall go follow you on twitter so I can get updates on your magical vacation! <3

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA that Youtube vid was AMAZING.

Have fun packing!! :)
I totally consider myself an honorary band geek. I was on the drill team in HS, so we had to go to band camp every August with the rest of the marching band. So much fun!!

:yay: Yay for being a fellow musical theater nerd!! I'm actually listening to the Spring Awakening soundtrack right now. And I will probably spend a good portion of the drive down to Florida listening to the Broadway satellite radio channels. I love me some showtunes!!

Thanks for following me on twitter. Hopefully I'll be able to think up some entertaining tweets, and it won't just be me going "OMG!!!1!!!! SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!!1!!1!1" :laughing:
That was full of WIN!!!!

Have fun packing, I always love the "idea" of packing because it means the trip is close, but never the actual task :laughing:

I can't wait to live vicariously through you, I Just added you on twittah!
Exactly. The concept of packing excites me, but not so much the actual execution. Plus, now I have clothes randomly laying all around my room because I can't decide what I want to bring. Honestly, tomorrow (or I guess, technically TODAY) I will probably just get sick of the whole process and start throwing things in bags. :rotfl:

Thanks for adding me!

OMG, that Mean Girls/Disney vid was HILARIOUS!!! So. Awesome. I love "Mean Girls." I pretty much quote it daily. "Four for you, Glen Coco! You GO, Glen Coco!!! And none for Gretchen Wieners, bye!" :lmao:

And you leave tomorrow night? Dude, I'm soooooo jealous. Good idea about sleeping in the car. That'll help pass the travel time even faster! :thumbsup2

OH! Before I forget, I was browsing through my Disney music collection and stumbled upon something you might like. TROPICAL DISNEY MUSIC!!! :cool1:

If you search "Trinidad and Tobago Showboat Orchestra" in iTunes, an album will pop up called "Film Music - Favorite Disney Tunes in Steelband Style." It's an instrumental steeldrum band playing some of the most popular Disney tunes. I own all of "The Lion King" songs as well as "Under the Sea" and "Beauty and the Beast" and I LOVE THEM. They are perfect for getting you into the tropical mood, especially when staying somewhere like the Poly. Anyways, just thought I would share. When I rediscovered them today, I thought of you. :goodvibes

In case I don't "see" you again before you leave (I work all day tomorrow. :rolleyes: ), have a GREAT and MAGICAL time on your trip. I'll be waiting with everyone else for you to get back. :flower3:
OMG. Quoting Mean Girls is like my life. My best friend and I will just go back and forth forever. We have an appropriate Mean Girls quote for every situation. GAH I JUST LOVE THAT MOVIE SO MUCH!!!

OH SNAP!! THERE'S STEEL DRUM DISNEY MUSIC ON ITUNES?? I NEED IT. I am a sucker for steel drums. And Disney music. Gotta go download!!

And THANK YOU for the well-wishes! I can't wait to get home and share my trip with y'all. Er, well, I don't want my trip to ever end, but coming home knowing I have a lovely group of people waiting to hear all about my adventures does kinda soften the blow a bit. It'll be fun to sort of re-live the trip as I share everything with you guys! :grouphug:

Yay, you are so close now! :cool1: If I don't get back on here before you leave, have an AMAZING trip! :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :hug:

I'd follow you on Twitter, but I don't...tweet. :confused3 I'll just have to wait for your TR! :banana:

HEY EVERYBODY!!!

I just wanted to stop by really quickly and say one final goodbye before we head out. In about 5 1/2-ish hours, we'll be on the road!! I can't believe my trip is finally here!!! :yay:

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for letting me share my pre-trip excitement with y'all. I was kinda nervous about starting a PTR...I didn't want it to be totally lame and then have like no readers...but it's been a lot of fun! YOU GUYS ARE ALL SUCH AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL PEOPLE and I wish that I could just stuff you all in my suitcase and bring you with me to WDW.

Unfortunately, I can't do that (unless you're willing to risk getting your eye gouged out by a stray pair of heels), so we'll just have to settle for me sharing all of my new Disney adventures with you guys in great detail when I get home. I promise I'll do my best to send you all some fresh Disney magic through the internet. I mean, it can't be that hard, right? ;)

Well, I've gotta get back to packing (I know...We're leaving in a few hours and I STILL haven't finished packing. I am a horrible, horrible Disboard-er) so in the words of Tigger, TA TA FOR NOW, because...

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

I totally consider myself an honorary band geek. I was on the drill team in HS, so we had to go to band camp every August with the rest of the marching band. So much fun!!

:yay: Yay for being a fellow musical theater nerd!! I'm actually listening to the Spring Awakening soundtrack right now. And I will probably spend a good portion of the drive down to Florida listening to the Broadway satellite radio channels. I love me some showtunes!!

Thanks for following me on twitter. Hopefully I'll be able to think up some entertaining tweets, and it won't just be me going "OMG!!!1!!!! SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!!1!!1!1" :laughing:

Ahhh YAY for being band geeks!! And drill team? That sounds like fun! :)

OMG OMG OMG I love Broadway showtunes. People always ask me my fave style of music and I'm like... uh, do Broadway showtunes count? HAHAH so I say that, or Disney. And then they make fun of me even MORE hahahahah ;) But it's alright- because I feel more at home on the Dis hehe.

HAHAHAHAHAHA even if your tweets are like that, I'll still love them the same! Because they're coming from DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And from you, cuz you're totes awesome.

I cannot believe that in 5 hours now you'll be ON YOUR WAYYYY!!!! I hope you have the bestfreakingfabulous trip EVER and I can't WAIT to read your TR!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!! :cool1: :dance3::yay::banana::thumbsup2:cheer2: WOOOOOOOOOO. DISNEY WORLD!!!!

ACK!! My internet was down and I didn't get to send you off!! So sad! I did send you a message on twitter though, and of course will be doing this all week. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG!!!

HELLO DIS-FRIENDS!!!

So I'm not exactly home yet (We're visiting my grandma for a few days in Tampa), but I thought I'd stop in and let y'all know just how AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL our trip was. I had SO MUCH FUN. And I know that I've said it before, but this trip was just absolutely necessary for so many reasons. I needed a big dose of Disney magic, and boy did I get it! :wizard:

Anyway, I can't wait to share all of my adventures with you guys! I'll be home late Sunday night, so at some point on Monday/Tuesday y'all can expect a TR. I've just gotta figure out what to title it....

Oh and I'm sorry for not responding to your tweets! I haven't been on twitter to see that you'd tweeted me until today. And I'm not technologically-literate enough to figure out how to go on twitter from my phone. I know, I know, I'm completely lame. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to sleep because after a week at Disney, I'm spent, but I can't wait to get this show on the road and start my TR!! It's gonna be a BLAST!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter