Gotta Perfect That Hula - A July 2010 PTR - UPDATED 8/3 - I STARTED THE TR!!!!

Woo, getting close!!! Can't wait to see your videos. popcorn::

Hello DIS Friends! Just stopping by to quickly say that...

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY I WILL BE ON MY WAY TO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!

And that means that...

ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW I WILL BE AT DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jumping1::jumping1:

I am so STOKED!! Only one more week until yummy Disney food. Only one more week until THE MONORAIL. Only one more week until I get to ride Space Mountain again for the first time in 2 years. Only one more week until I'm relaxing in a hammock at the Polynesian.

AHHHHHHHHHH...I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!

PS: I'm sorry this PTR has gotten kinda lame as of late. I'm running out of things to talk about. Plus, when it comes to talking about my trip, I'm so excited that it's hard to form complete sentences. :rotfl:

hahaha, that's OK, my PTRs never have much actual planning. It's fun to share the excitement with other people who get it. :thumbsup2

So exciting!

I think you've had a great PTR! I felt that same way about mine...like, how is anyone still interested in this?! I know my TR is going to be AWESOME (if I do say so, myself ;)) and I'm sure yours will be too. :thumbsup2

Yay for one week! :dance3:

I can't even tell you how jealous I am! :rotfl:

I'm actually listening to music from the Poly right now on dtuneslive! So pretty! :cool1:

I've enjoyed your PTR, and anyway, the whole point of PTR's is to just talk about your trip and share your excitement with other Disney freaks who understand the obsession! I can't wait for your TR and your random videos! :laughing:

hahaha, that's OK, my PTRs never have much actual planning. It's fun to share the excitement with other people who get it. :thumbsup2
Exactly. It's nice to know that you guys understand my excitement. When I talk to my friends about Disney, they roll their eyes and pretend to listen as I ramble on. :laughing:

So exciting!

I think you've had a great PTR! I felt that same way about mine...like, how is anyone still interested in this?! I know my TR is going to be AWESOME (if I do say so, myself ;)) and I'm sure yours will be too. :thumbsup2
Aw thanks!! :goodvibes

And your TR has been fabulous so far. It's getting me EVEN MORE EXCITED than I already am. I can't wait for more!!!
Yay for one week! :dance3:

I can't even tell you how jealous I am! :rotfl:

I'm actually listening to music from the Poly right now on dtuneslive! So pretty! :cool1:

I've enjoyed your PTR, and anyway, the whole point of PTR's is to just talk about your trip and share your excitement with other Disney freaks who understand the obsession! I can't wait for your TR and your random videos! :laughing:
AHHHHH The Poly music!!! :cloud9: I can't wait to hear it again IN PERSON!!!

Oh gosh. Hopefully I haven't created a hype that my TR will never be able to live up to...But I'm pretty sure that it will. I've got big plans. :laughing:

Signing onto your PTR (and eventually your TR as well)~

Plus, when it comes to talking about my trip, I'm so excited that it's hard to form complete sentences.

I know how that can be! I am reaching that point and I am still 6 weeks away! I have been DIS-ing a lot more of late and started a PTR to make the time pass!

I am officially freaking out! :banana:
I just posted this on your PTR, but girl, I hope you have an AMAZING trip!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Signing onto your PTR (and eventually your TR as well)~

I know how that can be! I am reaching that point and I am still 6 weeks away! I have been DIS-ing a lot more of late and started a PTR to make the time pass!
Thanks for jumping aboard!! :goodvibes

Those 6 weeks are going to FLY by. I mean, I can't believe I only have a week until my trip....it feels like it was just yesterday when we booked it!

ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW I WILL BE AT DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party:party:party:party:party:party:party:

Only one more week until I'm relaxing in a hammock at the Polynesian.

ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL YOU WALK INTO THE POLY AND ARE ENGULFED IN THE GLORIOUS DISNEY DIRTY WATER SMELL

AHHHHHHHHHH...I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!

I'm so excited FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I'm sorry this PTR has gotten kinda lame as of late. I'm running out of things to talk about. Plus, when it comes to talking about my trip, I'm so excited that it's hard to form complete sentences. :rotfl:

Your PTR isn't lame, but I had no idea what to talk about during my PTR either after I covered all the main stuff. The fact that there are PTRs with 100+ pages BAFFLES me. What the heck goes on in those things? Seriously. LOL.

Hi, Kara! I just want to say that you are awesome! Your PTR is so NOT boring. It is now 3 am, and I just finished reading every single word because I simply could not go to bed until I got caught up. :goodvibes I'm LOVING it! First off, happy birthday! Yes, growing old totally sucks! I'm 22, and I feel ancient waaaaaaay too often. I have to remind myself that I'm still just a baby in the grand scheme of things. :laughing:

We have SOOOOOOO much in common, it's scary. It's almost like I'm reading the PTR of my clone or something. :goodvibes Here are some of the things we have in common:

*We're both from Ohio (but I'm from the southern end of the state :thumbsup2)
*We both :love: the Polynesian. (I've stayed there twice in the nearly 20 trips we've taken to the World, and it and AKL are my absolute favorites! I got to stay there as a surprise for my 21st birthday celebration, and it was AMAZING. The PTR in my signature is from that trip. I started the TR, but never finished it because of college and a death in our family and stuff. Anyways, LOVE it there!)
*We both want to be writers. I would love to do pop culture journalism like you were talking about. My ultimate dream, however, is to write children's fantasy novels. I want to be the next J.K. Rowling. :lovestruc
*We both HATE the giant white birds. Seriously. How can one eat with those monsters ready to lunge out at any time? Once, at CBR, we got attacked by a flock of ducks who wanted our fries. :scared1: I no likey the birds and duckies. :rotfl2:
*We both love Glee, classic rock, the Pink Ranger, Belle, Beauty and the Beast, Clearwater beach (LOVE IT THERE!!!! We also love Treasure Island which is where we stayed last month. My uncle got married on the beach. It was GORGEOUS!!!), Toy Story, etc. The list goes on and on. :rotfl:

Speaking of Toy Story, I bawled like a baby during the scene in the front yard at the end. You know what I'm talking about. Pixar are GENIUSES. They definitely wrote this one for the Andy generation, which I am proud to be part of. :thumbsup2

(Also, you said something about classic rock getting you hooked on shows. If you have never seen the series "Supernatural," I suggest you run out and rent or buy season one THIS. INSTANT. Two extremely hot brothers driving cross-country in a '67 Impala, hunting evil and saving people from the monsters in their closets, all the while rocking out to classic rock. It is pure awesomeness on a cracker, I promise. ;))

I *heart* your Minnie shirt! It is soooooo cute. I must have one as soon as I have some extra money again. I bought a Mickey shirt from Forever 21 for our brief June trip for my uncle's wedding: Mickey Shirt I love it so much. :cloud9: I also now want one of the colored DB wristlets which I did not know existed until you posted about them! :love: OMG, So. Cute. I actually bought one of the white ones, had buyer's remorse, and sold it to my aunt. Now I'm glad I did because I MUST have one of the colored ones. I'm torn on WHICH color though. :confused3

Anyway, I kind of have a girl crush on you now. Please don't be scared. I promise I'm not some scary stalker. I just want to sing Glee covers with you in the Poly lobby while we soak in the trademarked Poly scent and share a serving of Captain Cook's chips (OMG, they ARE amazing!!!!). Is that weird? :rolleyes1

;)

Seriously, I'm sooooo excited for you and your trip. :cheer2:I've had the blues ever since we got back a couple weeks ago, but living through you will help ease some of the pain. Haha!

Can't wait for the TR!!! :wizard:

ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL YOU WALK INTO THE POLY AND ARE ENGULFED IN THE GLORIOUS DISNEY DIRTY WATER SMELL

I'm so excited FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your PTR isn't lame, but I had no idea what to talk about during my PTR either after I covered all the main stuff. The fact that there are PTRs with 100+ pages BAFFLES me. What the heck goes on in those things? Seriously. LOL.
YES!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SMELL THE AMAZING DISNEY DIRTY WATER SMELL. I'm pretty sure that you can get high off that stuff. :rotfl:

Exactly. I have no idea how PTRs get that long. I mean, I guess I could start babbling on about my life. But really, nobody would want to read that. I just can't wait to start my TR because I will actually have something to talk about!

Hi, Kara! I just want to say that you are awesome! Your PTR is so NOT boring. It is now 3 am, and I just finished reading every single word because I simply could not go to bed until I got caught up. :goodvibes I'm LOVING it! First off, happy birthday! Yes, growing old totally sucks! I'm 22, and I feel ancient waaaaaaay too often. I have to remind myself that I'm still just a baby in the grand scheme of things. :laughing:
HI GIRL!!! WELCOME ABOARD THIS CRAZY TRAIN!!!

We have SOOOOOOO much in common, it's scary. It's almost like I'm reading the PTR of my clone or something. :goodvibes Here are some of the things we have in common:
OH SNAP. We do have A LOT in common. Yay for being a fellow future writer! And for hating birds. And for everything else we have in common. :yay:

(Also, you said something about classic rock getting you hooked on shows. If you have never seen the series "Supernatural," I suggest you run out and rent or buy season one THIS. INSTANT. Two extremely hot brothers driving cross-country in a '67 Impala, hunting evil and saving people from the monsters in their closets, all the while rocking out to classic rock. It is pure awesomeness on a cracker, I promise. ;))
I've never seen Supernatural, but I've always wanted to. Those boys are HOT. I'll definitely have to rent the DVDs sometime soon.

I *heart* your Minnie shirt! It is soooooo cute. I must have one as soon as I have some extra money again. I bought a Mickey shirt from Forever 21 for our brief June trip for my uncle's wedding: Mickey Shirt I love it so much. :cloud9: I also now want one of the colored DB wristlets which I did not know existed until you posted about them! :love: OMG, So. Cute. I actually bought one of the white ones, had buyer's remorse, and sold it to my aunt. Now I'm glad I did because I MUST have one of the colored ones. I'm torn on WHICH color though. :confused3
Oh, I know. Deciding which color wristlet to buy can be such a challenge. I have my heart set on the pink one, but that could change once I see them in person. People keep posting pictures of the purple one, and I'm like OH THAT'S REAAAAALLLLLYYYY CUTE TOO!!!! Such a toughie.

Anyway, I kind of have a girl crush on you now. Please don't be scared. I promise I'm not some scary stalker. I just want to sing Glee covers with you in the Poly lobby while we soak in the trademarked Poly scent and share a serving of Captain Cook's chips (OMG, they ARE amazing!!!!). Is that weird? :rolleyes1

Seriously, I'm sooooo excited for you and your trip. :cheer2:I've had the blues ever since we got back a couple weeks ago, but living through you will help ease some of the pain. Haha!

Can't wait for the TR!!! :wizard:
Oh, that sounds WONDERFUL. LET'S DO IT. I think the only question is, what song should we sing? And should we do the choreography? :thumbsup2

Anyway, thanks for coming along! I'm glad that you can live vicariously through me. I'll try to have EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA fun so that I can use my freaky brain powers and send some to you. Or I'll just try and write a super fun trip report. Because that's probably easier. :upsidedow

Oh, that sounds WONDERFUL. LET'S DO IT. I think the only question is, what song should we sing? And should we do the choreography? :thumbsup2

Anyway, thanks for coming along! I'm glad that you can live vicariously through me. I'll try to have EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA fun so that I can use my freaky brain powers and send some to you. Or I'll just try and write a super fun trip report. Because that's probably easier. :upsidedow

I'm partial to the Journey covers. Or "Defying Gravity." Or...pretty much every other song on the show. Haha! Whatever we sing though, I'm sure it will be awesome. And choreography? Of COURSE!!! :banana: :thumbsup2

I can't wait for your TR. I'm sure it will be amazing. :goodvibes

Oh, and BTW...ONLY FOUR DAYS UNTIL YOU WILL BE IN WDW!!!!! :woohoo: :cheer2: :banana:

I'm partial to the Journey covers. Or "Defying Gravity." Or...pretty much every other song on the show. Haha! Whatever we sing though, I'm sure it will be awesome. And choreography? Of COURSE!!! :banana: :thumbsup2

I can't wait for your TR. I'm sure it will be amazing. :goodvibes

Oh, and BTW...ONLY FOUR DAYS UNTIL YOU WILL BE IN WDW!!!!! :woohoo: :cheer2: :banana:
Journey Medley it is!!! :thumbsup2

AND 4 DAYS...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a matter of days (4 to be exact) I WILL BE AT WDW!!!

And we leave in 3 DAYS, which is just blowing my mind. It's funny, I've been to WDW MANY times, but I don't think I've ever been THIS excited for a trip. I just can't stop thinking about HOW SOON I WILL BE IN MY HAPPY PLACE!! AHHH!!!

Because I just checked, here's the forecast for our trip according to the Weather Channel's website:

July 23 - High 90, Mostly Sunny
July 24 - High 88, Scattered Thunderstorms
July 25 - High 89, Isolated Thunderstorms
July 26 - High 88, Sunny
July 27 - High 89, Sunny
July 28 - High 92, Sunny

If this holds up, I will be THRILLED. Upper 80s, Low 90s will be PERFECT. Not too hot, so we won't sweat to death, but it's still warm enough to feel like Florida. And I don't mind the occasional thunderstorm, I just don't want constant rain. When it rains all day, it's the worst. I mean, even a rainy day at WDW is better than not being at WDW, but I HATE having to wear a poncho all day. Ugh. Those things make me miserable.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to start attempting to decide what I want to wear each day so that I do all of the necessary laundry. Although, I will probably get distracted by something, and just keep on procrastinating even longer. I'm really good at that. :upsidedow

July 23 - High 90, Mostly Sunny
July 24 - High 88, Scattered Thunderstorms
July 25 - High 89, Isolated Thunderstorms
July 26 - High 88, Sunny
July 27 - High 89, Sunny
July 28 - High 92, Sunny

If this holds up, I will be THRILLED. Upper 80s, Low 90s will be PERFECT. Not too hot, so we won't sweat to death, but it's still warm enough to feel like Florida. And I don't mind the occasional thunderstorm, I just don't want constant rain. When it rains all day, it's the worst. I mean, even a rainy day at WDW is better than not being at WDW, but I HATE having to wear a poncho all day. Ugh. Those things make me miserable.

That forecast looks A-MA-ZING!!! So excited for you! And a big fat WORD on the poncho thing. I actually refused to wear one on our August 09 trip during a literal FLOOD at MGM. We're talking Noah-building-an-ark type of downpour. I was soaked to the bone, but I didn't care, it was still better than the poncho. It was kind of liberating actually. :banana:

YAY! for you leaving in 3 days!!!!! :yay: I'm practially jumping up and down with excitement despite the fact that I will not be going with you (unfortunately). :goodvibes

Well, the weather looks awesome and I am just too excited for you to even discuss this any longer LOL. I see that some Glee discussion has gone on here so I must mention my favorite Glee cover is SOMEBODY TO LOVE!!!!!! Lea Michele's voice is so perfect it actually makes me a bit sick.

Anyway, THE MAGIC IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.........!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter