Gotta Perfect That Hula - A July 2010 PTR - UPDATED 8/3 - I STARTED THE TR!!!!

Hello, DIS Friends!!

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that my ticker has entered the WEEKS stage of counting down? I’m pretty much OVER THE FREAKING MOON about that.

Ok, so first things first…TWITTER.

The lovely Lia (_disneygirl) reminded me in her trip report (which you should all be reading if you’re not already, because she is HILARIOUS and TOTALLY AWESOME), that I have yet to discuss twitter with y’all.

Because I am addicted to all forms of social media, and have gotten quite good at condensing my life into 140 characters, I am going to be tweeting from WDW!! My twitter name is the same as my DIS username, MarieTheCat24, and I’m going to keep it Disney Trip-specific, so I won’t bore you by tweeting about completely random stuff. Unless the completely random stuff happens during the trip. If it does, (and I guarantee something will…I have a LOOOOONG car ride ahead of me) then it will definitely get tweeted. Because that’s just how I roll.

So feel free to follow me here!!

I promise that my tweets will keep you entertained. :thumbsup2

Secondly, and this is kind of random, I got my hair cut today because I’m weird and like to give it a little time to grow before our trips. Anyway, it’s shorter than it’s been in a LOOOOONG time. I'm having trouble adjusting. :laughing: I tend to keep my hair pretty long. I’m not sure why, but I do. Actually, it’s probably because I had the horrible early 90s bowl cut for a big chunk of my childhood. That hairdo scarred me for life.

Anyway, this relates to my trip because my hairstylist recommended a frizz eliminator by Sexy Hair that will hopefully keep my humidity-affected hair from looking terrible in pictures. No matter how much effort I put into prepping my hair in the mornings, the second I leave the hotel, it turns into a big frizzy mess. But after using it today in the Ohio humidity, I noticed a difference. Hopefully, it will help my hair withstand the Florida humidity as well.

Thirdly...let's just, once again, take a look at my ticker.

I WILL BE "HOME" SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wizard:

I mean, I'm not going to go all Kate Gosselin on it, but that camera drives me nuts.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Funny!

Digital cameras are not that expensive anymore. You can get pretty good ones for just over $100 nowadays. I usually wait until I have a good amount of Target gift cards and use that to buy whatever new electronic I'm in the market for. :thumbsup2

LOL, I'm the same way with cutting my hair! I like keeping my hair long, sometimes I'll get brave and take a few inches off, then I immediately regret it, say I'm never doing that again...then do it again a few months after! I hope your anti-frizz stuff works for you! I have no luck with my hair in the humidity either, I just wear it up all summer, it's pointless to even fight with it. :)

Yay for one month! Oh, and I just added you on twitter.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Funny!

Digital cameras are not that expensive anymore. You can get pretty good ones for just over $100 nowadays. I usually wait until I have a good amount of Target gift cards and use that to buy whatever new electronic I'm in the market for. :thumbsup2
I'll definitely have to keep checking for a good deal. :thumbsup2

LOL, I'm the same way with cutting my hair! I like keeping my hair long, sometimes I'll get brave and take a few inches off, then I immediately regret it, say I'm never doing that again...then do it again a few months after! I hope your anti-frizz stuff works for you! I have no luck with my hair in the humidity either, I just wear it up all summer, it's pointless to even fight with it. :)
Yep, that's pretty much how I am. I complain when my hair is too long, but then when I get it cut it magically becomes wayyy too short. Then it takes me about a week to get used to it. And then in a few months, I repeat the entire process. :laughing:

Yay for one month! Oh, and I just added you on twitter.
:woohoo: And I followed you back!!

Subbing! Sounds like you have a really fun trip in the works!! I looove the Polynesian - the mere thought of a hammock makes me absurdly happy. :goodvibes And the "hey hey himaway - hee ya ha ha." LOVE. that. song. Wish they had it on itunes.

Also loved the Disney food update. I'd really like to try Ohana's for dinner, but my brothers are not at all adventurous when it comes to food and we never have. Ah well, someday!

I followed you on Twitter :)

Lol you sound just like my sister about your hair. She loves it long and every time she goes to get it cut she gets 1 inch off. I think she asks for less because our hairdresser always cuts more than what we tell her to lol. The Florida humidity turns her hair into an afro. It doesn't matter how long she keeps that hair straightener on her hair :laughing:

Subbing! Sounds like you have a really fun trip in the works!! I looove the Polynesian - the mere thought of a hammock makes me absurdly happy. :goodvibes And the "hey hey himaway - hee ya ha ha." LOVE. that. song. Wish they had it on itunes.

Also loved the Disney food update. I'd really like to try Ohana's for dinner, but my brothers are not at all adventurous when it comes to food and we never have. Ah well, someday!
YES!!! I LOVE THAT SONG!! I WISH IT WAS ON ITUNES TOO!!!! My sister and I have been randomly singing it at eachother the past few days. It's good times. :rotfl:

You definitely need to try Ohana sometimes. It's just fabulous.

I followed you on Twitter :)

Lol you sound just like my sister about your hair. She loves it long and every time she goes to get it cut she gets 1 inch off. I think she asks for less because our hairdresser always cuts more than what we tell her to lol. The Florida humidity turns her hair into an afro. It doesn't matter how long she keeps that hair straightener on her hair :laughing:
I can definitely sympathize with your sister. :laughing: My hair doesn't turn into an afro, but rather random parts of it start to get wavy...But it's not an attractive wave, it's a WHY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT GIRL HAVE RANDOM WAVES IN HER HAIR? wave. So hopefully the hair stuff will work! Fingers crossed.

I finally saw Toy Story 3 yesterday! it was AMAZING! I couldn't stop crying the last 20 minutes. The furnace scene killed me! And now I know why no one likes Lotso, what a jerk! I laughed at him the whole movie though because he was such a pimp with the cane.

I finally saw Toy Story 3 yesterday! it was AMAZING! I couldn't stop crying the last 20 minutes. The furnace scene killed me! And now I know why no one likes Lotso, what a jerk! I laughed at him the whole movie though because he was such a pimp with the cane.
Yeah, Lotso definitely has some issues. It's just so funny because he looks nothing at all like the normal Disney villain. I mean he SMELLS LIKE STRAWBERRIES for goodness sake!! But no, that bear is just plain HEARTLESS. I get that he has his reasons, but gosh, I think he might be the worst villain out of all of them.

As for the scene you mentioned, for a few seconds I legitimately thought they were going to end it that way. I grabbed my friend's arm and I was like "OH MY GOSH. IT CANNOT END LIKE THIS. WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME? DOES SOMEONE AT PIXAR HATE ME? DO THEY WANT TO RUIN MY LIFE? I WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THIS!!!" From that point to the end of the movie I sobbed consistently. And after it was over, I was, like, both physically and emotionally tired. It was the first time a movie did that to me in a long time.

Because I have a bad case of “OMG I’M GOING TO BE AT DISNEY SOON”, I was looking through all of the pictures I’ve taken at WDW. I found a bunch of little things that are making me smile just because of how PERFECTLY DISNEY they are.

So here are 10 of my favorite random Disney details:

1. The Zip-a-dee-doo-dah sign at the end of Splash Mountain
Zipadeedoodah.jpg

I know that it’s just a silly sign, but it makes me smile every time we float on by. I think it’s funny that the entire ride is filled with amazing details that make me smile, but it’s this sign that leaves me grinning like a fool.

2. The crayons in the Toy Story Mania queue
UsedCrayon.jpg

The fact that the crayons scattered throughout the queue are at various levels of usage is AMAZING. It’s like, Disney could have just made a bunch of perfect tipped-crayons, but no, BECAUSE THEY ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME, they went for realism and made the crayons look used. If only they had placed an unused white crayon somewhere in the queue. It would have been perfect because, let’s face it, nobody ever uses the white crayon.

3. This sign outside of Toy Story Mania
PopsicleStickFrame.jpg

It’s in a popsicle stick frame! I am pretty sure every kid in the history of ever made a popsicle stick frame at one point in their life. Whoever thought of framing the sign with popsicle sticks is a GENIUS.

4. This artwork on Primeval Whirl
PrimevilWhirl.jpg

The fact that the guy on the right is holding a flag that says “Yea!” makes me crack up every time. Thanks for your encouragement random scientist man! I also love the parallel that this draws between Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. On Dinosaur, there are “real” scientists that are “actually” taking us back in time. On Primeval Whirl, you get a painting of these guys and a few signs that say something along the lines of “You’re going back in time!” It’s so silly.

5. Paper plates, cups, and basket-thingys
WhereDreamsComeTrue.jpg

Even the little basket-y thing that holds your chicken nuggets and fries says “Where dreams come true”. And you know what…I think the fact that it says that makes the chicken all the more magical. I mean, they are fulfilling my dream of not starving to death, so a dream is coming true!

6. Chip and Dale's outfits in Spectromagic
SpectroChipnDale.jpg

Chip and Dale’s Spectromagic outfits have a C and D on the back so that people can tell them apart. This is adorable. And it makes me want a jacket with a light-up K on the back. Seriously. It would make me the coolest person ever.

7. Pom poms!!
HSMPompoms.jpg

This is totally lame, but those pom poms are the same ones I used when I was on drill team in high school. Shiny red, black, and silver…It brings back so many memories.

8. The sign in this picture from "San Francisco"
SanFranHILL.jpg

It just says “HILL” and it makes me laugh. Does the real San Francisco have these signs all over the place? They should just make one giant sign and hang it on the Golden Gate Bridge or something. I mean, seriously, it’s San Francisco. You’re going to encounter a hill or two.

9. This sign in the Wilderness Lodge lobby directing guests to the bus stop
BusSign.jpg

It is shaped like a bus!! How cool is that? When I first noticed it, my mind was blown. Once again, whoever thought of that is a GENIUS!!

10. The signs at the Epcot bus stops
EpcotBusSign.jpg

I don’t know why I love this so much, but the little Spaceship Earth is a cool detail. They could have just done solid color banners with the number on them. But nope, they made them way cooler in a way that only Disney would.

Well, that's all for now. I hope that you all have a FABULOUS Fourth of July weekend!!! I know I sure will...It's my last weekend as a teenager! On Monday, I hit the big 2-0. :eek:

Do I HAVE to keep getting older? Can't I just stop here for a little while? Please? :laughing:

Enjoy your last weekend as a teenager!

party::bday:party:

Love your list! I never even noticed the popsicle frame! Too cute :goodvibes

OMGggggggggggggggggg Toy Story Mania is such genius all the way through. The crayons especially but just everything. I feel like crying right now. I just want to be there SO bad. You are getting SO CLOSE girl!!!

I never noticed the flag that says YEA! before and now I am cracking up. God, Disney is the best. I can't even. And I love all the food containers and baskets and cups and napkins. I have napkins from my 08 trip sitting on my desk actually LOL. Sigh. And that picture of the chicken and fries just made me die. DAMN DIETS! Anyway.... great post. Looking forward to more. And your TRIP!!!!!!

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that Splash Mountain sign at the end of the ride, I always look at it and think that it's so weird that they added that in there! It's just such a little detail, it's so cute!

I can't wait to ride TSM, even more now, to see those crayons and the popsicle stick frame! How cute is that! I would have never even noticed that if you didn't point that out!

The Epcot Spaceship Earth signs are great too...they looks so vintage, like they saved them from the 80's!

Have a great last day as a teenager! :banana:

Oh, I love that list! I agree about the wall at the end of Splash Mountain. I also love the part that says "It's the truth...it's actual." :cloud9:

So soon! :cool1: I can't imagine how excited you are. We still have a month to go but I am starting to get really excited now. :banana::banana:

Happy Happy Birthday Kara! :banana:

I love all those Splash Mountain signs. One of my very favorites is "some critters ain't never gonna learn!"

I love that you notice all of the details! So, what are you going to do as your last day as a teen? Make sure you come back and tell us, and also, have a great birthday!

Enjoy your last weekend as a teenager!

party::bday:party:

Love your list! I never even noticed the popsicle frame! Too cute :goodvibes
THANK YOU!!!! :goodvibes

OMGggggggggggggggggg Toy Story Mania is such genius all the way through. The crayons especially but just everything. I feel like crying right now. I just want to be there SO bad. You are getting SO CLOSE girl!!!

I never noticed the flag that says YEA! before and now I am cracking up. God, Disney is the best. I can't even. And I love all the food containers and baskets and cups and napkins. I have napkins from my 08 trip sitting on my desk actually LOL. Sigh. And that picture of the chicken and fries just made me die. DAMN DIETS! Anyway.... great post. Looking forward to more. And your TRIP!!!!!!

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!! :hug:

Yeah, Toy Story Mania is basically one big ride full of GENIUS-NESS. I love it. A lot. I mean, Toy Story is a genius movie, so they had a lot to work with, but they did really well at making our friends in Andy's room come to life.

PS: I LOVE that your "Reason for Editing" is a Beatles lyric. I listened to that song A LOT yesterday. :rotfl:

I love that Splash Mountain sign at the end of the ride, I always look at it and think that it's so weird that they added that in there! It's just such a little detail, it's so cute!

I can't wait to ride TSM, even more now, to see those crayons and the popsicle stick frame! How cute is that! I would have never even noticed that if you didn't point that out!

The Epcot Spaceship Earth signs are great too...they looks so vintage, like they saved them from the 80's!

Have a great last day as a teenager! :banana:
Thanks!!! :upsidedow

I LOVE that about the Epcot signs. It's funny, Epcot is supposed to be all about the future, but the little things I love about that park are all so retro. :laughing:

Oh, I love that list! I agree about the wall at the end of Splash Mountain. I also love the part that says "It's the truth...it's actual." :cloud9:

So soon! :cool1: I can't imagine how excited you are. We still have a month to go but I am starting to get really excited now. :banana::banana:
I am like OUT OF MY MIND excited. I went to see fireworks for the Fourth, and the whole time I kept thinking that in a few short weeks I will be sitting on Main St. watching Disney fireworks. :woohoo:

I agree!!! It is the small things that count :goodvibes I especially love the baskets and the WL sign :lovestruc
It's definitely the small things that count. It's the little things that make Disney so amazing. :goodvibes

Happy Happy Birthday Kara! :banana:

I love all those Splash Mountain signs. One of my very favorites is "some critters ain't never gonna learn!"
THANKS!!! :goodvibes

I love that sign. Actually, I love anything that uses the word "critters". It makes me laugh...such a weird word. :rotfl:

I love that you notice all of the details! So, what are you going to do as your last day as a teen? Make sure you come back and tell us, and also, have a great birthday!
THANKS!! :)

As for my last day as a teen...since it was the Fourth of July, I went with some friends to see fireworks, and then we had a fire and made smores in my backyard. We also ended up having a 90s Pop music sing-a-long at 1 AM...Hopefully we didn't bother the neighbors. :laughing:

Sooooooooo......

Exactly 2 weeks from today we'll be in the car driving down to Orlando!!!!! I can't believe it. I feel like the days are just flying by. And pretty soon I will be back in my happy place. And I'll be feeling that sense of being completely content with the world. Which is extremely rare for me because I tend to dwell on the negative and downplay the positive in life. But at Disney, I ALWAYS feel like everything is going to be alright. And I need that in my life, even if it only lasts a week. It's therapeutic.

And it's weird, but I feel like I always come home from Disney with a clearer head. It's amazing what a couple trips down Splash Mountain and a flight with Peter Pan can do for your thinking. It's as if all of the questions that have been running through your mind are magically answered. It must be the pixie dust. You breathe in a little bit of that stuff and it just clears your head right out. pixiedust:

In other news, I've decided that I REALLY want to buy one of the new Disney Dooney wristlets. Here's a link to some pictures...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2407172&page=59
I love the pink one!!! It's so PINK. And DISNEY-IFIED. And WONDERFUL.

And in even more news, I was finally able to convince my family to eat at Sci-Fi. I've wanted to go there FOREVER because it's themed like a drive-in, and drive-ins are awesome, but they've always been LAME and not wanted to go. But the other night, I casually mentioned how it might be fun to go and get milkshakes and onion rings, and they agreed!! So now we have an ADR for the 25th at 9:15. And I'm excited...It's a lifelong dream coming true!!! Okay, maybe not lifelong. But as long as I've known about the restaurant, I've wanted to eat there. :upsidedow

So I think that's all I have to update y'all about. I'll leave you with this...

2 WEEKS FROM TOMORROW I WILL BE AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter