Guests spreading Disney Magic

I went to WDW with my 10yr old nephew last Nov. We were at MVMCP and he was in line waiting to get Beauty and Beast's autograph. There was a little girl in line right behind him who was all dressed like Belle and she was really excited to be getting an autograph. Then the CM's started telling the line that Belle would be leaving soon and Snow White would be coming out. This little girl was real upset because she might not get to see Belle. Then the CM came over and said that my nephew would be the last person to see Belle. When his turn came he stepped aside and let the little girl go. Her Mom and Dad came back to us several times and thanked him. He didn't really care whose autograph he got and he really made her day. I was very proud of him.

When I wear my pin lanyard to the parks, I always keep my eyes peeled for children that are being exceptionally well behaved, or kind. When I notice one, I'll ask their parents if it's ok to give them a pin, and if it is, I let them pick one off my lanyard. I always let them know that it's because I think they were being so "good" or "kind".....gotta reward that good behavior! They are always so excited, and the parents are always so proud that someone noticed their little one displaying some commendable trait! :goodvibes

When ever I see a little one dressed up I like to tell them how beautiful they look. Then they just beam!! Makes me feel good too.

I like the sharing a pin - I'll have to get some extra.

My daughter age 7 had a young lady who was about 12 or so give her a pretty ring when we were at Disneyland this past March. We were waiting in line to pick up some packages at the front of the park and she was behind us in line with her mother. It really made my daughter's day.:goodvibes

My family now thinks that I am crazy. I am sitting in front of the computer crying. Of course, they are happy Mickey tears. We went to Disney this past February and I had intended to get a few surprises to give out while we were there. I got busy and never made it to the store. The morning we went to the princess breakfast in Norway we were leaving and this lady stopped me to ask how we had liked it. She was with her elderly father and her daughter. I told her that we had loved it and would definitely do it again. She started telling me that she was a single mother who had saved for five years to take this trip. (I am also a single mother that left an abusive alcoholic/drug addict ex-husband so this hit close to home) She said that the only thing that her daughter wanted was to have breakfast with the princesses so she worked hard to make it happen. To make the story even better, that particular day was her daughters birthday. All that I could do was stand there and cry wishing her a good time and her daughter a happy birthday. I regret that I didn't take those few extra minutes to go get those surprises that I had intended to get. After seeing this thread again last night I went to the store and got many surprises to pass out during our next trip. (We are going again in June, thanks again to the worlds best grandparents!) I will never forget that lady and still think about her wishing that I had a surprise to give her daughter and also wishing that she had a wonderful trip. Mickey people are special people!

well, I just stocked up today on some glow sticks for the night parades, etc. I got some disney stickers, anyone have any other ideas? we leave in a few days :)

I went to WDW with my 10yr old nephew last Nov. We were at MVMCP and he was in line waiting to get Beauty and Beast's autograph. There was a little girl in line right behind him who was all dressed like Belle and she was really excited to be getting an autograph. Then the CM's started telling the line that Belle would be leaving soon and Snow White would be coming out. This little girl was real upset because she might not get to see Belle. Then the CM came over and said that my nephew would be the last person to see Belle. When his turn came he stepped aside and let the little girl go. Her Mom and Dad came back to us several times and thanked him. He didn't really care whose autograph he got and he really made her day. I was very proud of him.

Okay, I was crying already over the SSE rehab and then I see this thread. I'm bawling over here LOL

What a wonderful, wonderful boy. It just seems like all you ever hear about are the bad kids. To hear this kind of story makes my heart soar.

It'll come back to him someday, I always tell my own daughter that and she's given and received surprises- it's an amazing thing, and my favorite thing, to give them!!!! Thanks all for helping me get started thinking about things I can do for our upcoming trip hmmmmm

We went to the Dollar Tree and got Disney sidewalk chalk, yo-yos, frisbees, erasers and jump ropes. They only cost $1 each and hopefully will make some childs day a little brighter. If you don't have a Dollar Tree where you live, you can also try the $1 bins at Target. We have found some Disney things there also.

On our honeymoon trip 15 years ago, my DH and I had one week's worth of park passes (w/hopper) and went to the beach for a couple of days, so had a couple days left over when we got ready to leave. As we walked out of our last park before we left town, we still had 2 days w/hopper left. We found a couple walking up to the ticket counter and asked them if they had their tickets yet. Once they said no, we gave them ours. The look on their face was priceless. They weren't the non-expiring tickets, so we really had no use for them. It felt good to make a young couple so happy.

Tracy

We have done this a few times as well. The most recent was in November when we saw a father going to buy tickets for him and his daughter since they ran out of days and wanted to go to AK. He asked DF "how much?" and DF said Nothing, have fun in the parks. He was shocked. It felt great to make someone's day brighter. We did this at MGM too. :goodvibes

last december, we had 4 tickets to mvmcp but 2 of us couldn't go so my dad handed two tickets to two people waiting in line to buy tickets and wished them a merry christmas!

When we went for DD's first bday a few weeks ago, the staff at SSR had balloons delivered to the room with a card signed to DD from Snow White. They had asked when we arrived who her favorite character was and our older DD said Snow White, because that's the bath toy she chews on the most. They also sent us a card signed by Mickey and the gang. It really made it special for all of us (though the baby just loved the balloons.)

To help make a special trip for others, we give out our fast passes to people waiting in line or at the fast pass area when we decide to leave before using them. Some people are very surprised and suspicious of us trying to hand them a simple fast pass.

There is this wonderful place called Mouse Surplus that sells all kinds of things that Disney wants to get rid of. We were shopping there one day when we came upon these buttons with Tinkerbell on them that say Magical Moment. We keep some in our backpacks and whenever we share a "magical moment" or encounter with someone, we reach in and give them a button and thank them for sharing a magical moment with us. These can be as simple as just sitting and talking to someone while waiting for the parade. We also have given fast passes we have decided not to use away.

That is awesome!!

Beautiful thread! I have a story to add that didn't happen to me, but that I saw. It was years ago when the Hunchback of Notre Dame show was on at MGM, and it was around the 4th of July. Super Hot! In the theatre there was an elderly lady sitting down the row from me, and she fainted from the heat. Well, this teenage boy sitting behind her must have noticed the slump, because before her head went down, he jumped over the bench to be beside her, caught her before she fell over, and began spraying her down with his water fan thingy. His brother ran to get a CM to help. What a beautiful young man to think so fast (and be able to move so fast). This was years ago, and I can still see his face.

I love all your stories!

Beautiful thread! I have a story to add that didn't happen to me, but that I saw. It was years ago when the Hunchback of Notre Dame show was on at MGM, and it was around the 4th of July. Super Hot! In the theatre there was an elderly lady sitting down the row from me, and she fainted from the heat. Well, this teenage boy sitting behind her must have noticed the slump, because before her head went down, he jumped over the bench to be beside her, caught her before she fell over, and began spraying her down with his water fan thingy. His brother ran to get a CM to help. What a beautiful young man to think so fast (and be able to move so fast). This was years ago, and I can still see his face.

I love all your stories!

WOW ~ what a great young man and his brother too!!!:yay:

no posts in two days to this heartwarming thread...I'm hoping a bump will continue the magic.

This is a really great thread!:thumbsup2 We are going down in 55 days:yay: and I can't wait to keep the dreams going! We love spreading random acts of kindness and can't wait to spread magical memories in June!:love:

Last June we had reservations at Cape May Cafe. We checked in and waited 4EVER!!!:mad: We had made several reservations over past trips and never had to wait long. Waiting people were piling up in the lobby. We had been waiting over and hour. Finally, I went up to the hostess desk when I noticed people being seated who had arrived after us. I was told that they had a glitch with the new computer system and ALL reservations were lost. Nothing was left in hard copy!! :sad2:
I went through 3 hostesses who would/could not answer my questions or get me the manager (who looked a little stressed and running around the restaurant with paper and pencil in hand:eek: ). Numerous tables were empty therefore I could not understand why we could not be seated, especially since I had my confirmation information in my hand.:headache:

Finally...(this is where it gets better):love: :love: a server who was probably thinking why am I standing around here with no one to serve when there are 30+ hungry people in the lobby :confused3 came to our rescue. She seated the whole family immediately and treated us with hospitality and top-notch service!:thanks:

At the end of our meal, I was in need of a band-aid. She had returned to our table a few times and had forgotten to bring one (like she needed to anyway it was a restaurant not the emergency room). I shamefully asked her again and she emerged from the kitchen with a whole emergency first-aid kit with bandages of all sizes and shapes, alcohol wipes and even smelling salts! :rotfl2: We tapped into that kit throughout our trip.

Friendly service and surprises such as these are what we love best about Disney!

I was reading MamaOfTwoPrincesses' thread about Cast Members spreading Disney Magic; making a vacation more memorable. This got me thinking.

Have you ever made another guest's vacation more magical, or has another guest made your vacation more magical and memorable?

Feel free to share any stories. :)

I have given an FP to someone who could not get one. I have also used my extra CS or snack credit to buy someone lunch or a snack who was not on the dining plan. I figure why let the credit go to waste? :confused3

These stories are so lovely. I am going to have to pick up some "little dreams" at the dollar store before I go back to WDW in May. :cloud9:

I was offered magic, but unfortuantally, I had to refuse it.

I had found a FP for Big Thunder in Main Street and it was in the window already. So, I went over, and I went up to the FASTPASS return line. There was a couple ahead of me, and someone rudely cut in front of them. The CM said "Here, just for that..." and gave them a pass to come back again. We started talking in line, and then we got on the ride. Afterwards, they asked me if I would like to join them on the ride again, but I said "I'm sorry, I really would love to, but I have a FASTPASS at Indy that my parent is waiting for me at". They then planned to give it to someone else.

On our last trip, I ordered water through Staples.com. There were 7 of us so I ordered 2 cases of 48 8 oz bottles. At the end of our trip, we had a package of 24 bottles left. We checked out and went to Roaring Forks to finish the last of our credits. When we walked in my husband noticed a family that were checking in. He gave them the case of water. We also had one counter service credit left and we used that to buy a breakfast for another guest.

If we have fast passes that we decide not to use we also give those to somebody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter