Halloween Horror Nights!! R U Goin???

I just got EPP for 10/31, so they are not sold out.

Amity 3 said:
we always go as early in the season as possible, weekend or not. the first Sunday available is our target date.

we heard the first radio spots a couple of days ago, $27.00 off with a BK cup isn't too bad.

I'm going the first Sunday. It is the first night of HHN where hOS is not being held. I'll try to go the other 2-3 non-HOS nights, but October has a habit of wearing me out. And I'll wait and see if this year's event is better than last year's was.

Slacking said:
I'm going the first Sunday. It is the first night of HHN where hOS is not being held. I'll try to go the other 2-3 non-HOS nights, but October has a habit of wearing me out. And I'll wait and see if this year's event is better than last year's was.

my plan for this year was to take flex vacation time from work and work HOS nights just to do it. unfortunately, I got sidelined with a surgery. too bad, we could have carpooled. next year, though....

sorry to hear you had surgery.

hoping you feel better very soon and heal completely.

yes, there is always next year.
wish you didn't have had to go thru this.........

okay I am going friday the 13th,but
I have a question!
I understand this event will be only at universal studios.. I bought the extra 10.00 to be at island of adventure from 4-7:00p.m., so how is it that they will be transferring people from IOA to USF?

So IOA will be closed during HHN? There is none possibilities that they may open just a little bit of IOA to spread/control the crowds?

Or again the same question, There will be no rides open at IOA during HHN or after 7:30 p.m for any reason?

Thanks and sorry for asking the question here!

ines248 said:
okay I am going friday the 13th,but
I have a question!
I understand this event will be only at universal studios.. I bought the extra 10.00 to be at island of adventure from 4-7:00p.m., so how is it that they will be transferring people from IOA to USF?

So IOA will be closed during HHN? There is none possibilities that they may open just a little bit of IOA to spread/control the crowds?

Or again the same question, There will be no rides open at IOA during HHN or after 7:30 p.m for any reason?

Thanks and sorry for asking the question here!

IOA will be closed during hhn event.

i read on the orlando site that the guests that paid the extra $10 to be at ioa from 4 to 7 on the hhn nights, would be allowed into the studios thru a different entrance other than the front gates

macraven said:
IOA will be closed during hhn event.

i read on the orlando site that the guests that paid the extra $10 to be at ioa from 4 to 7 on the hhn nights, would be allowed into the studios thru a different entrance other than the front gates

ooh okay, thanks macraven!
So much trouble for creating a one way entrance, why not used it two way!
I guess this year will be less rides to ride than last year! Ohh, and the lines will be longer, too!

Update; ohh, look at this: this is my post number 248! I love 248`s!

ines248 said:
Update; ohh, look at this: this is my post number 248! I love 248`s!
I appreciate what you're saying :goodvibes I have a thing with numbers, too...for some reason 3 5 always are referrenced to me, even when my last name changed...those numbers are just attracted to me.
Isn't it nice to see "your" numbers? Hey, enjoy it!!!!

Sorry if this has been covered before but I am a complete novice on all hhn stuff.

It says on the website that if you have a day ticket you can buy an upgrade to stay for the evening. Can you do this if you have an Orlando flex-ticket rather than just a day pass? Also, is it likely that there will be tickets left?

Not sure we can afford to buy seperate tickets, it seems so expensive for just the evening. Saying that though, Halloween seems to be a much bigger deal than in Britain so I'm guessing it's pretty spectacular.

Anyway, any advice would be great, thanks! :thumbsup2

k8k8 said:
Sorry if this has been covered before but I am a complete novice on all hhn stuff.

It says on the website that if you have a day ticket you can buy an upgrade to stay for the evening. Can you do this if you have an Orlando flex-ticket rather than just a day pass? Also, is it likely that there will be tickets left?

Not sure we can afford to buy seperate tickets, it seems so expensive for just the evening. Saying that though, Halloween seems to be a much bigger deal than in Britain so I'm guessing it's pretty spectacular.

Anyway, any advice would be great, thanks! :thumbsup2

if you bought the multi day pass, you are eligible to do the add on.
that means, you can buy the hhn tickets cheaper.
(add on is the stay and scream tickets)
stay and scream ticket is the same thing as the hhn ticket.

when are you planning to be in orlando?
hhn is on fri, sat, sun and some weekdays.

i only go on the weekends but if you check the calender for hhn, you will see the other days of the week hhn will be happening.

Going the 9/29 and 9/30. Got the frequent fear pass but decided not to get the express. Hope lines won't be too long on opening weekend.

Ok... I am way way to excited.... I have started to pack! Well... gather things up to be pack!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Getting closer!!

dansyr2514 said:
Going the 9/29 and 9/30. Got the frequent fear pass but decided not to get the express. Hope lines won't be too long on opening weekend.

Get ready to wait long lines....."Sorry, but that's the truth" :confused3

I've never waited in a long line at HHN. I'm there for Stay and Scream and get a two or three houses out of the way before the regular HHN crowd arrives. Then I go the opposite way of the crowds.

Laurabearz said:
Ok... I am way way to excited.... I have started to pack! Well... gather things up to be pack!!!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Getting closer!!
Yeah, I'm with you!!!
:banana: Dance, Banana, Dance! :banana:

I just went to Target today to get the Lime Green Rain Ponchos, but they didn't have them, so I picked up the Travel Toothpaste, Travel This, Travel Etc.!!!!!
I even bought new underwear this weekend! I went really nutso at Target today and bought a Hot Pink Fanny Pack!!! :rotfl:
(I'm not kidding)

I'm also excited because my DH's cousin, who lives down in Tampa, wrote an email to us telling us she'll be meeting us for the Party...She said, "But I hope you're going to get the Express Pass, because the Lines Are Horrible "
WELL.....
I printed out her email and left it for my husband to see.
Maybe This Will Convince Him that we need those Express Passes ;)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Can't WAITTTT!!!!!!!!

Oh I am sooooooooooo Ready!!!
my DH just didn't want to listen to me when I told him all you DIS'ers suggested the Express Pass....Even from our own experience down at HHN 13, he still didn't want to budge.
But last night his cousin emailed us. She said she always gets the Express Pass and that the parks are horribly crowded, and without it, you can wait on a line 3 hours long!
Wellllll,
I printed up DCousin's Unsolicited Email and showed it to DH...
Guess who purchased Express Passes tonight!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO READY!!!!
p.s. I purchased lime green rain ponchos (just in case) from K-Mart, just in case you were all wondering. :goodvibes

My daughters and I are going on Thursday 19th - do we need express passes or will it not be too crowded (we will do stay and scream)

oldalbanian said:
My daughters and I are going on Thursday 19th - do we need express passes or will it not be too crowded (we will do stay and scream)

I would suggest regardless of whatever night you go that you purchase those express plus passes. The lines even on non peak nights can get unbearable and this year they have they extra shows and the scarezones as well so you would want to be able to now have to worry about the lines at all. It's a lot easier that way even though it costs more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter