Halloween, the Paranormal, and anything related redux

Gisele

The real LA bayou

Do you love Halloween? I totally do! And have a small, but nice collection that represents that passion. It encompasses skulls, tombstones, rats, pirates, crows, mice, sconces,a dropping skull, dishes, cups, punch bowls, and many tea lights....

Do you decorate your home and or business? Do you attend costume parties? Do you make your own props? Do you love to visit what I call man made haunts? Or places that are suppose to be haunted for real? What do you like to collect? Do you have any photos and or tips/advice on any of the subjects to share here? Please, don't be shy, we won't bite...........
well unless you want us to of course... for we aim to please! :scared1:

Anyone that is interested in the subject of the Paranormal, please post as well. Do you go ghost hunting? If so, where do you like to do such? What is your approach? How much research do you do on a potential client and or site, before deciding whether or not a potential case merits a serious investigation?

Have you seen any ghosts, spirits et al? How about residual hauntings?

If you have fictional stories to share on this and other related subjects, please feel free to post them, if you dare!

Halloween is my favorite holiday ever! Last year, I made a Mcdonald Ronald costume to wear to give out candy. Also, I decorated the front yard like an old graveyard, but I didn't get the idea until a few days before Halloween, so it was sort of "low budget" :laughing:. The neighborhood kids liked it, though, :thumbsup2 especially the dry ice "fog", some of which was coming out of a carved pumpkin.

ronald3.jpg

Horrifying or cute? Maybe both?!? :rotfl:

ronald4.jpg

Smokin' Pumpkin. :hippie:

Then there's my taste for "Halloween-like" decor; here's the quilt/pillows/bedcurtains I made (you can see some of my old Disney buttons that I collect on the left curtain):

quiltfinished-1.jpg

Thank you for sharing the photos. I love them! I especially like the skelly plaque that is on your head frame. That is just so cool.. :) Where did you buy that at?

Spacemermaid, that is great that you dressed up to hand out tricks.

I like you button storage system too.

Pucking smoke pumkin on the wall is great!

Gisele -

I don't know if you saw this thread by mommaU4 (Beth), entitled "Anything and Everything Halloween." It began as an all-Halloween thread (but not specific to DLR because DLR HalloweenTime stuff is what we cover in the Halloween at DLR Superthread), and it's still mostly that, although I think that they went on to discuss a few things about the holidays past Halloween.

Anyway, it sounds like you and Beth had the same idea, so you may want to jump in on that thread.

We love Halloween here!

We always try to get to Disney in October. We go to all the local corn mazes, haunts, and hay rides.

We have a big party that is Halloween themed. My husband and son both have birthdays close to Halloween.

I have a yard haunt and haunted garage walkthrough every year. We usually make the local news and paper. Last year we had a 40foot giant spider in our front yard, complete with glowing red eyes! We had 400+ TOTers walk through our display.

I have several Halloween collectible pieces that stay out year long. I also do a dept 54/lemax Halloween village display.

Gisele: Thanks! The plaque is from a store called Necromance, on Melrose...but I bought it in 1997, and haven't seen them sold there for several years. However, that store specializes in skeleton-themed items, so you could probably find something else you'd like there :thumbsup2 They have an online store, but nothing compares to visiting their actual storefront...if you :lovestruc all things Halloween, you will :lovestruc that store!

skiingfast: Yes, I had alot of fun answering the door as Mcdonald Ronald! The kids loved it, except one little boy started weeping and wailing as soon as he saw me; I felt awful :sad1: Smoking/vomiting pumpkin was my favorite part of last year's Halloween decorations :rotfl:

Sherry E: I don't remember seeing that thread! Maybe I saw it & forgot about it...anyways, thanks for pointing it out...it looks like just on the first page even, there is much to see! I'll bookmark it for some late night reading material :thumbsup2

Halloweenqueen: How lucky your are to have your birthday be so close to Halloween! I'd love to see your Halloween village; I'm hoping to be able to make one myself this year. I made a snow village a couple of years ago, to look like 1950s pastel colored houses covered in glitter/snow. Trying to find a source for black and/or orange sisal/bottlebrush trees, before starting on the "construction" of my Halloween village. Anyone know of a good (ie: not $10 per tree :laughing:) place to get those?

Thank you for the information Sherry... I went to take a look at it. That thread pretty much as gone on to discuss all holidays...

Halloween is my second favorite holiday! I love it! I love the atmosphere and ambiance of it and even the history behind it is really intriguing and spooky. I love the movies too.

picspics007.jpg

My prefered mask:
cgp1.jpg

2194892390_2676c5da43.jpg

226631284_a41a1c8f0c.jpg

pumpkin3.jpg

Be careful! He's out there, and he's waiting for you...

Thank you for sharing... the institution photos, did you go on a paranormal investigation of them? I so, what were your findings if any? I have only been on a few myself... I did not experience anything other then overactive imaginations of many people that were suppose to have an open mind... in one case,the man should have kept his mouth closed far more from what he had. At some point I felt like saying can you please shut the hell up! If a ghostie wanted to talk to me, they could not get a word in edge wise because of your mouth. I did not say that though because he was the co-founder of the amateurish group.

Haha, no. No paranormal investigations. Just me and some friends looking around some spooky locations. I actually didn't take those pictures of the asylums. Thank my friend for that; who happens to be going to college for photography.

Anyway, yeah, very spooky places. Personally, the place we went in the black and white pic was much scarier than the other place. I was scared to death! I thought Michael Myers was watching us from the shadows. :scared1: I kept looking over my shoulder.

HospitalHallway.jpg

No, none of that. haha! I personally like to go to these places for the spooky atmosphere. It's amazing how just looking down a spooky hallway or walking into an eerie room can be about a million times scarier than just about anything else. There were moments where we all split up, just to explore, and boy, let me tell you what.... the hairs on the back of my neck raised up and I went into Fight or Flight mode. The basement was like right out of a horror movie!

But yeah, I'm not much of a ghosthunter. I just like to take in the ambiance of the location and absorb the atmosphere and use my imagination.

See my two costume pics? The one of the Michael mask and the other of the bandaged face.... well, imagine seeing that at the end of some creepy corridor! Holy crap! I'd be running like The Flash in the opposite direction. :haha:

Halloween is my most favoritest holiday! LOL Yup, even better then Christmas. :) :) I love Halloween!!!!! We go all out, decorate the yard to look like a graveyard, decorate the outside AND inside of the house with fun spooky decor! We start thinking of our next years costumes before this years Halloween...for instance, I've decided I'm probably going to be Jessica Rabbit this year...I already found the coolest purple glitter high heels ever, at Hot Topic (coolest shop ever) for $20! So I snagged those bad boys! I need to get the dress and the gloves and that's it. :) I have no clue what DBF will dress up as, we always joke about him being Roger Rabbit but I'm not sure he'd do it. :)
I love dressing up and answering the door in costume, it's tons of fun, but this past year I just didn't do it....I just didn't have it in me, I think from the economy and no job...still no job but it's early enough that I will start looking the rest of my costume and hope I can get it on the cheap like the shoes. :) :)

maybe spacermaid can post her halloween costume in the halloween super thread.. ?? that would freak me out to thouht, clowns are not my thing! althought i don't think ronald mcdonald is a clown...?

:rotfl: I'm scared of clowns too...but I've always like Mcdonald Ronald; I know it makes no sense :laughing: . I only have one other picture of me wearing the costume, and it's not the best quality, but I'll go post it in the other thread so as to avoid repeats...

Halloween is my most favoritest holiday! LOL Yup, even better then Christmas. :) :) I love Halloween!!!!! We go all out, decorate the yard to look like a graveyard, decorate the outside AND inside of the house with fun spooky decor! We start thinking of our next years costumes before this years Halloween...for instance, I've decided I'm probably going to be Jessica Rabbit this year...I already found the coolest purple glitter high heels ever, at Hot Topic (coolest shop ever) for $20! So I snagged those bad boys! I need to get the dress and the gloves and that's it. :) I have no clue what DBF will dress up as, we always joke about him being Roger Rabbit but I'm not sure he'd do it. :)
I love dressing up and answering the door in costume, it's tons of fun, but this past year I just didn't do it....I just didn't have it in me, I think from the economy and no job...still no job but it's early enough that I will start looking the rest of my costume and hope I can get it on the cheap like the shoes. :) :)

Those shoes sound really awesome! And what a great price too. :) I am sure that you will be able to complete your outfit at a really terrific price. Sometimes at Target in the $1.00 and $2.50 spot, there will be long gloves in different colors. Usually around graduation time. Then there are thrift shops, where you can find at times long gloves, and costumes too. Look on oriental trading companies website, they have great pricing on these type of things.
I foresee a good job for you in the very near future, so keep your chin up!

Those shoes sound really awesome! And what a great price too. :) I am sure that you will be able to complete your outfit at a really terrific price. Sometimes at Target in the $1.00 and $2.50 spot, there will be long gloves in different colors. Usually around graduation time. Then there are thrift shops, where you can find at times long gloves, and costumes too. Look on oriental trading companies website, they have great pricing on these type of things.
I foresee a good job for you in the very near future, so keep your chin up!

Thanks Gisele :) The good thing is I am getting unemployment so for now we are staying afloat...I just don't like not working, it's weird but that's how I am. I like to work I guess. :)
I do check the dollar spots all the time, I need to check the dollar store tho, that's a great idea!! And yes, I'll check the thrift stores for a dress also. :) I want one with sequins all over it and honestly, I'm expecting that to be the most $$$ part of the whole deal. :) But it will be fun and I'll be super cute! LOL I'm planning to dye my hair red (with a temporary color) as well. :)

That sounds cool.... What is your natural hair color, if you don't mind me asking? Because if you don't want to color, there are nice looking wigs that can be found for a good price too. Especially on line. Oriental Trading Co. has wigs too. Are there any vintage dress shops and or antique stores where you live? Sometimes a good price can be found or had otherwise, for nice vintage clothing. Don't forget flea markets, and garage sales too.
I am glad that you are able to collect UI benefits. For myself, the longer I go without steady work, the harder it is to imagine getting back into the whole job cycle again. It is nice to have steady work. Especially if one can do what they like. For me, that would be a great bonus. I believe a person does need to have or if anything it is a good idea to have a place to go off to each day, so as to work a job. Because it provides a certain sense of value and worth. A sense of purpose. If I was rich, I could care less about a job. I would do what I like to do. In addition, I would contribute money to good causes, and even start my own charitable groups. So I would do good things not just for myself,but for others as well. That is how it should be, when one has much money. Some rich people contribute to the well being of others, while others do not even take care of themselves, etc and so on. It is interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter