Halloween, the Paranormal, and anything related redux

I knew of a small cemetery on the edge of a ghost town. Faint remains of foundations showed where some of the buildings were. The line of short trees showed where the railroad once ran as the old gravel ballast retarded thier growth.

The odd thing about the cemetery was that it noted cause for death was ship wreck on a large portion of graves. While there boats went down in storms I wonder in the 1700s and 1800s how many bodies were recovered to bury.

It was a wonderful place to visit during the day, near but removed from a quiet contry road. I would not want to be there at night. The enclosing woods and eerie tales on the headstones would be horror movie material.

That sounds really cool Matt. But at night, when all should be especially quite is the time to be visiting so as to ghost hunt.
Other reasons why I like to visit cemeteries,especially the old ones, is because it is like visiting history. The closest I would imagine that one can become readily anyway in doing so. Depending upon where you live anyway. I also like to read the epitaphs, they can be very interesting if not eerie, but in a really cool sort of way, well for me anyway. Such as As you are now, I once was, as I am now, you will be too. I also like to look at the beautiful funerary statuary, as well as the stained glass windows that adorn some of the mausoleums. To add further regarding the historical aspects of grave yards, it can be a history lesson as well as to the founding members of a town as an example as well as other local and not so local notables, including infamous people. I find it interesting as well, to pay attention to the dates, so you know how old the person was when they passed. All of this information tells a story. Or if anything the beginning of a tale. A true one.

I recently came across a new show. I discovered it on demand (Comcast) it is called Haunted Collector. I like this series, it has a certain breath of fresh air about it. It reminds me of the Friday the 13th Series. Not to be confused with the inferior motion pictures of Jason fame. I am so sick of Jason. And Michael too. Please, some one pass me the scythe!
OK so anyway...... the Haunted Collector is comprised of family members and two who are not. But are like family all the same. They decide which cases deem enough merit so as to go and investigate. Their main objective is to determine whether or not an object might be causing unexplained and unwanted activities in a home or building. If they do, they then remove it, with the owners permission of course. And it goes under glass, depending upon what it is, at the families paranormal museum.

So check it out if ye' dare to: http://thehauntedcollector.com/

One of the on line sites to which I enjoy taking a look at and also to order from is Oriental Trading Company. I also look forward to receiving their Halloween catalog. Which I hope I will be sent this year. Otherwise, I will be upset from a Halloween standpoint.
The pricing over all is most agreeable. And is a great way to save money, be it for Halloween or for other occasions as well. Or it can be for a just because kind of situation.
A part of my Halloween collection is comprised of items from this company. Such as my hairy rats. Whom are doing very well by the way. They also love cheese as much as I do. I can keep up with the best of them on that subject.

www.orientaltrading.com

OK I thought it was high time I popped back in and posted something about living in a haunted house. :)
We moved in when I was in 3rd grade, it was an old house, built in the late 1800's, huge!!! 2 stories, very cool house. Anyway, we purchased from a family who had grown up in it, they were the "kids" from the house and in their 60-70's, they loved the house but they simply didn't need one that big, nor did they want to go up and down stairs all day....so my parents bought it. We used to hear running upstairs and a ball bouncing, Dad would get mad and yell at my little brother and sister (they had a room upstairs, as did Mom & Dad, I slept downstairs, as did my older sister) and then Mom would say "Doug, the kids are all right here, no one is upstairs". He wouldn't say anything after that. LOL
I used to see the ghost of a woman standing on the balcony outside my parents room, the balcony was on the front of the house near the porch, we would go out onto the balcony and "lay out" on the roof of the porch (it was flat) but I never saw her then. I did see her many times when I was out front with friends, I'd look up and she'd be there, she'd wave at me, I'd wave back, my friends would ask who I was waving at because they didn't see anyone, I'd look up and she was gone already. My friends always thought I was waving at my Mom but I wasn't.....she was always dressed in a long dress, I never saw her feet but her hand was visible....of course she was wearing what appeared to be a nice hat and gloves along with her period dress. :) I used to have horrible nightmares, now people would call them night terrors but I was too old for "night terrors" when I had them, I would wake up scared out of my mind, sweating, freaking out...and she'd be there, she'd touch my cheek and say "sssshhhh it's OK, I'm here, go back to sleep" I'd calm down right away and go right back to sleep...on the rare occasions she wasn't there when I woke up I wouldn't go back to sleep....not at all.
My Dad still lives in the house, it's in great shape but needs some foundation work (the house has a basement and it isn't "finished" so it needs some work), he asked me a few years back if I believed the house was haunted, I said absolutely and asked why (he never believed when I lived there with him) and he said that after he renovated my bedroom and made it into his office he experienced "things" that he couldn't explain. I told him that yes, the house was/is haunted, at least it is IMO. :)

just saw this kerri ..i remember u tellin me about it ..like the ghost we had at my parents old home when i woke up not long after falling asleep and ths figure was stood at the side of my bed .. my mom had saw it a few months earlier but kept quiet not too alarm me
then had a few moments of my dad being around after he passed away ..and most recently some weird things happening since my mom passed away in may.....also i think our pub is haunted upstairs normally hear the sound of something walkin around upstairs when theres no one up there ..even went up once a we thought someone had got in and we hadnt locked the side door properly when we opened up but nooo no one up there ..so glad we dont live in at the pub eeek ....id be spending every night under the blankets lol
some interested clips on youtube of the place we all love to visit having the odd haunting ?

Thank you for sharing your story Ken... It was very interesting and quite exciting too.
Please feel free to elaborate more on the subject. For not just I would love to hear more about your haunted experiences.
Have you done any EVP work in your pub? Or have taken any photographs?
How old is the building? Do you know the history of the pub? The building that it is in? And or the land that it is on and is surrounded by?

Thank you for sharing your story Ken... It was very interesting and quite exciting too.
Please feel free to elaborate more on the subject. For not just I would love to hear more about your haunted experiences.
Have you done any EVP work in your pub? Or have taken any photographs?
How old is the building? Do you know the history of the pub? The building that it is in? And or the land that it is on and is surrounded by?

nah no pics of anything ...the pub is called the Blyth and Tyne .. its been there since just before the turn into the 1900s it got its name because it was situated near what was the railway station of the rail line that was called the blyth and tyne railway line which connected the area to tyneside / newcastle area ...and also blyth is situated on the coast and was a very healthy port at one time for importing and exporting the coal from the bates colliery back then ..thou all this doesnt exist now as such
other than that i think it was about ten years ago a russian merchant sailor was stabbed outside the pub (back then it didnt have a good name and brought in errm a certain type of customer ..think mos eisley cantina lol) the sailor died outside the pub ...actually the guy who did it i remember him when he was very young and ermm innocent

This just cracks me up as it were! But yet, at the same time find it rather ominous if not a tad bit scary....... ha ha......

In an effort to keep malicious programs from invading our survey programs we need you to fill out the security information below to confirm you are indeed a human.

This is a message that came before me, before I could attempt an on line survey. Which I did not qualify for by the way.... guess I am not human? Ha ha.....

Yes! A Spirit Halloween Store is going to be opening in Petaluma this year. I wonder if Halloween City is going to be doing so as well? They had last year. I hope so.I was trying to find that out the other day. And so far, I cannot find the answer to my question. I might have to see about making a phone call to the company. I am pretty sure they have an 800 number.

Not To Touch the Earth is by the Doors. I so love the Doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7dTPkdiYq4&feature=related

Kristine, I am so impressed! :thumbsup2 I don't know, but I always pictured you as too young to have listened to The Doors while Jim Morrison was still alive. You must have come to your love of the Doors via listening to oldies, no?

Anyway, yes, The Doors were one of the best bands of all time. Jim Morrison was a genius, far beyond his time. And "Not To Touch the Earth" was one of his best songs that never reached Top-40 status. Love that song!

I'm so proud of you, Dear Niece! :hippie:

Yes! A Spirit Halloween Store is going to be opening in Petaluma this year. I wonder if Halloween City is going to be doing so as well? They had last year. I hope so.I was trying to find that out the other day. And so far, I cannot find the answer to my question. I might have to see about making a phone call to the company. I am pretty sure they have an 800 number.

Is Spirit Halloween Store a seasonal costume store or operated year round?

Kristine, I am so impressed! :thumbsup2 I don't know, but I always pictured you as too young to have listened to The Doors while Jim Morrison was still alive. You must have come to your love of the Doors via listening to oldies, no?

Anyway, yes, The Doors were one of the best bands of all time. Jim Morrison was a genius, far beyond his time. And "Not To Touch the Earth" was one of his best songs that never reached Top-40 status. Love that song!

I'm so proud of you, Dear Niece! :hippie:

Thank you... I also love Janice, Jimi, The Beatles,The Mamas and the Papas, Jefferson Airplane, how I wish that I could sing like Grace or Janice! And other groups as well. But it is The Doors that I love the most, as in number one on my list to listen to. And yes, I do sing along with Jim, while I am driving my car. And anywhere else that I might be, and have their music.
As I am sitting at a light for example, I do not care what anyone might think of me, as Jim is singing The Freedom Man... I so love that song.... I was doing time in the Universal Mind and I was doing fine, I was turning keys, I was setting people free I was doing alright, then you came along, with a suitcase and a song, turned my head around, now I'm so alone, just looking for a home in every place I see, I'm the Freedom man, I'm the freedom man, thats how lucky I am..... Yes.... I have the song memorized, not the only one either..... :)
Jim was just so gorgeous and beautiful. What a waste his dying when he was only 27. His death is still really quite mysterious for the incompetent Paris Doctor did not even bother to perform an autopsy. His long time girlfriend Pam Curson died just three years later, also a waste of a young beautiful person. With her, went what exactly happened on the last night and morning of Jim's life and death. I believe that it is possible someone murdered him. And I wish that punks would stop desecrating his grave for Gods sake.
Anyway, I started listening to the Doors when I was a kid. I don't want to age myself, but when Jim died, I was very,very young. And no, I am not old enough for the AARP :laughing:

Peace out man....:hippie:And when I 'm going to San Francisco I will be wearing flowers in my hair. :)

Matt...

Yes, Spirit Halloween and Halloween City are seasonal stores. They compete against each other. I say, become one man, merge, and love one another, and watch store sales soar!

Peace Out....

OK so there needs to be a pause before man.... just in case anyone was wondering... ;)

Thank you... I also love Janice, Jimi, The Beatles,The Mamas and the Papas, Jefferson Airplane, how I wish that I could sing like Grace or Janice! And other groups as well. But it is The Doors that I love the most, as in number one on my list to listen to. And yes, I do sing along with Jim, while I am driving my car. And anywhere else that I might be, and have their music.

Peace out man....:hippie:And when I 'm going to San Francisco I will be wearing flowers in my hair. :)

Mademoiselle, you have the most impeccable taste in music! Yes, there will never, ever be another female blues singer to match Janis. I saw one of her very last concerts, at Ravinia Park in the northern Chicago suburbs. Granted, it was the general admission lawn seats, meaning we could barely make out the spec on stage. Until she sang, that is; and then it was pure heaven. But she was quite out of it -- it was a shame about her alcohol and drug abuse. Anyway, she's one of my all-time favorite singers. I got dem old Kozmic Blues again Mama!!

And of course, the rest of your mentioned groups are all high on my list too. Gracie Slick - oh man! I used to replay White Rabbit dozens of times in a row. Feed your head! Beatles, M&P's, best of the best. I didn't listen to Hendrix nearly as much, but I do appreciate that the man was a magician on the guitar; probably the best of all time.

OK, I didn't mean to hijack your thread to turn it into a music discussion. But you really hit a nerve with me - in a good way! :thumbsup2

:hippie:

Speaking of these acts.

How many songs do you know by people who died at age 27, compared to the one hit of the last to die. In all seriousness I couldn't even tell you if Amy Winehouse released a single or full album.

Thank you G B!

OMG! I will play White Rabbit several times in a row too, and also Somebody to Love....

And of course Universal Mind, and People are Strange.... I also love Crystal Ship..with that song, I picture the last night of Jim's life, for Pam (Courson) was essentially with him when he died.

You are very fortunate to have see Janis live in Concert! If I could go back in time, I would have loved to have seen The Doors et al in concert. I was not born in the right time, for either I was in pull ups at the time, or was a TOT when these greats were performing. Of course Grace is alive, but she has not performed in ages. Not sure why either. I wish that I could sing well, instead I lip sync just great! ha...

So like groovy man, and peace out.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter