• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help settle a debate about EMH

emmybee

DIS Veteran
Howdy! So, I'm trying to convince the hubby to wake up early next Sunday for DCA's EMH at 7am. It's my understanding that DCA is only open to Disney hotel guests, while DL's early morning is available to both hotel guests and folks who buy multiple day passes.

In my imagination, it seems that EMH in DCA is the better deal b/c there are theoretically less people there. I also think the E-ticket rides are open, so we can squeeze a few more rides early on in the day, but my hubby insists that there are limited rides open during this hour. It's our first time back in two years, so I am also planning on buying MaxPass for this one day only.

Generally, we are NOT rope-drop people. But I really think if we peel ourselves out of bed next Sunday, it will totally be worth it. What do you think?

Howdy! So, I'm trying to convince the hubby to wake up early next Sunday for DCA's EMH at 7am. It's my understanding that DCA is only open to Disney hotel guests, while DL's early morning is available to both hotel guests and folks who buy multiple day passes.

In my imagination, it seems that EMH in DCA is the better deal b/c there are theoretically less people there. I also think the E-ticket rides are open, so we can squeeze a few more rides early on in the day, but my hubby insists that there are limited rides open during this hour. It's our first time back in two years, so I am also planning on buying MaxPass for this one day only.

Generally, we are NOT rope-drop people. But I really think if we peel ourselves out of bed next Sunday, it will totally be worth it. What do you think?
A 7am EE at DCA is great! You are correct, ONLY on-site guests have the DCA EE perk.
Don't forget your room key to show with your tickets.
Not as many guests get up for that hour of the morning. You can get so many of the popular rides done in that hour.
Plus sometimes you can even pull FP's for when the park opens.

I book my on-site stay to get the most out of DCA EE's.

It's a perk you shouldn't miss.

Geemo

Last edited:

Question about the EMH is that available more then once on a 5 day pass or is it like the magic morning where you only get 1?

"EMH" is for DLR Hotel guests only....every day....DCA or DL (on specific mornings). You need to show your room key. Magic Morning (MM) is ONE morning at DL only and it's available once, on 3 (or more) day park tickets .
Thx that's what I thought but couldn't remember when we went last time! We stayed on site but didn't take advantage of it, next time I'll remember

I usually only use EMH for DCA. In the rare times I've used it for DL, I only go there to eat or to get a jump start on the areas that don't open until normal rope drop.

DCA early entry is the best for doing the rides that always have long lines. A couple weeks ago, I rode Guardians 3 times in a row. When I got out from my 3rd time, I saw a line since it was open to the public at that point and said and I just went to do single rider RSR which was a very short wait at that point.

A few months ago, I did Toy Story, Soarin, Mickey's Fun Wheel (stationary) and RSR single rider all within that first hour. The park probably opened to the public which I was doing all that, but it was still possible to do all those rides without much of a wait. Well worth staying on site if you like to ride the DCA rides without long lines.

DL limits what they have open for the early hour and many other people are there from buying their 3+ tickets. I just don't see the value, unless you are a big fan of Fantasyland rides.

For us it is totally worth it. We were there last week and stayed at DLH. Did early morning at DCA both Monday and Friday. It was dark as we left the hotel and went through security, but Starbucks is open so it was great for me. :) Got to ride Radiator Springs 2 times in a row quickly. :earsboy:
We were able to ride several "big" rides before they got busy and it was nice to be in the park before it started to get too warm.

The best onsite perk IS the early entry :) We get so much done in the first couple of hours that I don't mind waking up early for it. You can always head back to the room for a nap when it gets busy around 11am (and because you are staying onsite.. it should be a short walk!)

IMO DLP early entry isn't quite as good as you have to share it with the regular folk using their 1 MM and also not as much of that park opens during early entry hours. But we still do it though, just to knock over some Tomorrowland and Fantasyland rides, as well as getting a good jump on the RD to the other lands.

On that same note, do you expect that they will do early entry to both parks daily the week of Christmas, as they have done in the past? I was last there Christmas 2013, so it may have changed in more recent years. Anyone know?

Thanks, guys! But just to be clear, barring any breakdowns, we can expect the big rides to be open, right? I might be able to convince the hubby to wake up if this is the case...I get that many of you are earlybirds, but I can't stress enough how much my family is the opposite of that. This is an uphill battle for me people!! lol!

Thanks, guys! But just to be clear, barring any breakdowns, we can expect the big rides to be open, right? I might be able to convince the hubby to wake up if this is the case...I get that many of you are earlybirds, but I can't stress enough how much my family is the opposite of that. This is an uphill battle for me people!! lol!
Yes in DCA.

One EE at DCA, my grandkids rode Screamin' 5 times without even getting off the ride. They could have gone longer but they had had enough.
Same thing for Toy Story, CM let them stay on for three rides in a row.

It's like DCA is just FOR YOU!

I hope your family will give EE at DCA a try.
If it's that much of a challenge, I wouldn't worry about EE at DL. With only the two lands open it's not as big a deal.

If they can have a good experience with an EE at DCA, it might give them the incentive for DL.

My family is like that, too. I just go by myself and then go back to the room to get all the sleepy heads afterwards.

If done correctly you can finish about 90% of DCA by 10am-11am on a 7am EMH.
I would just recommend that you get to the main entrance about 15 minutes before it starts.

Once it opens do this...
- Head to Radiator Springs Racers first, if you are getting MaxPass get your FP for Guardians while in line for Racers. FP return for Guardians should be 830-930.
- Then ride Rollicking Roadsters, and Maters Junkyard Jamboree. If you do not have MaxPass get FP for Guardians now. The FP return should be around the same for Guardians. Your goal is to be at Paradise Pier and Toy Story Midway Mania just before or as the park officially opens.
- Then ride Toy Story Midway Mania, then Screamin.
- Ride Mickeys Fun Wheel, Goofy Sky School, Symphony Swings, Jumpin Jellyfish, and Golden Zephyr. Should be around 915am by now.
- Now grab FP for Soarin, use FP for Guardians, and ride Monsters Inc. Should be around 10am by now.
- Now ride Little Mermaid, grab FP for Grizzly, use FP for Soarin, use FP for Grizzly. Should be done by 11am
- Head back to the hotel.

Additional Advice:
- There is a 15-minute late window when using FPs
- Don't forget you can grab FPs using MaxPass from your hotel

ME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter