Here is a Campsite Marker for DIS Members

Bama Ed I will be at the Fort June 15-22. I was thinking of requesting loop 100. What do you think of it?

Archnandrea

Well Archnandrea let me first say :welcome: .

I just got back from the Fort and I liked 100. It's a little tight compared to other loops but I believe the location is a plus. It is convenient to the Settelement bus stop, Pioneer Hall/Hoop Dee Do/Trails End restaurant and the marina with its boats to MK and WL/CR. The Settlement TP is close too. So it has a lot of plusses.

They do have a sand pad and are not as wide as a Premium (12' versus 18'). What kind of camper/rv do you have? The "sand" pad is really crushed shell so you could probably back all the way onto the shell pad to give you the max amount. But you might want to keep your door over the concrete or else you'll be sweeping out shell bits frequently from inside the camper.

On the downside it is not close to the Meadow Trading Post, main pool, and campfire/singalong area. You can see from my signature I've used 900 as my favorite Premium loop (also 1000 but had requested 900) and 1500 as my favorite Partial loop (also 2000 but had requested 1500). So I've always wanted to be up by the Meadow TP. This trip I decided to do things differently so I got in 100 and it was nice for a change.

There are no bad sites/loops at the Fort but just differences. Sometimes it depends on what your budget allows, what you find important, and what your camping equipment is. If you care to provide some details, we can advise further.

Bama Ed

<bump for July 4th>

Bama Ed

PS - read post #1 at the start of this thread

So I'm not having any luck making this sign, every waltograph I download isn't the real font. And I went to a local FedEx store to have the sign made but they said the image i saved on the first page resolution wasnt good.... I'm lost

Yeah, I've really enjoyed mine from the moment I got it back in 2008. Not sure what ever happened to BDR (name changed to protect him, lol), haven't seen him nor his evil Mickey or green flamed cart around. BDR and SB were the individuals who would do up the signs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52629918@N03/9096058421/

Now, how do you post pictures here, still earning my ears 6 years after joining. Shows how much I post, lol.

So I'm not having any luck making this sign, every waltograph I download isn't the real font. And I went to a local FedEx store to have the sign made but they said the image i saved on the first page resolution wasnt good.... I'm lost

Mouse14, here is the font I downloaded and it worked fine:

http://www.1001fonts.com/waltograph-font.html

The template I loaded is not a vector graphic file so it will not scale up cleanly. It's designed to be about as big as a 8.5x11. Actually I think it's the green ears outline that's the issue. The Musket Mickey and Font can scale. I'll look in the archives and see what I have.

FWIW my sign is printed 2 sides on 12x18 waferboard from Vistaprint and it doesn't have crisp edges. See this closeup:

But from six feet away it's fine - it's lasted for many trips. How were you planning to do yours? How big and printed on what?

Bama Ed

Yeah, I've really enjoyed mine from the moment I got it back in 2008. Not sure what ever happened to BDR (name changed to protect him, lol), haven't seen him nor his evil Mickey or green flamed cart around. BDR and SB were the individuals who would do up the signs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52629918@N03/9096058421/

Now, how do you post pictures here, still earning my ears 6 years after joining. Shows how much I post, lol.

scotiacat,

there are two easy ways to post pix.

The thing in common to both ways is you must have your picture/image on a hosted website such as flickr(Yahoo) or photobucket(google). Not Facebook, etc.

First way is to go to the image and copy its http address/URL string. Then in the window where you are typing DIS posts, there are little sympbols up above the text window. One looks like a postcard with a stamp in the upper right corner and a mountain/triangle in the lower left. Click that symbol and paste your URL string (take out the http already there). Note it will put some IMG headers and footers around it.

Second way is to go to your picture on the hosted website and simply copy its IMG URL/address (i use photobucket and it does/has this). The IMG headers and footers are already in the URL. That can simply be pasted into the DIS post you are writing.

Scotiacat, in your case above your picture came up fine when I clicked on it which means you posted it as a weblink. Paste that link into method one above and it should work. I think BDR used GIMP.

We love pictures! :yay:

Bama Ed

I received my Dis Marker on July 31. I used the same template as Bama Ed and it turned out really nice. Like Bama Ed said, from 6 feet away you can't see that the edges are not crisp. My sign is done on both sides, but the templates don't line up either, but you can't notice that from a distance either.
181_zps945edfc5.jpg
[/URL] Hoping that this picture turns out along with the other one.
183_zps5e8f085f.jpg
[/URL].

I was going to ask where you downloaded your font from. I want to try to make my sign this weekend.

I was going to ask where you downloaded your font from. I want to try to make my sign this weekend.

Grump,

I posted a link to it in post#25 just a few spots above this one. Good luck!

Bama Ed

Thanks Bama Ed...I got the fonts downloaded and now I just have to get it printed out on something other than computer paper.

I just printed mine off! We'll be at The Fort Saturday, October 5 through Saturday, October 12. Stop by to say hi!:flower3:

I just printed mine off! We'll be at The Fort Saturday, October 5 through Saturday, October 12. Stop by to say hi!:flower3:

Whitney,

Good luck! It will help if you follow my advice in post #1 about letting folks know where you will be or what to look for. Just setting a sign out doesn't always get results.

Maybe you could post (in a current thread or a new one) what your dates are and how folks might find you. Did you request a specific loop? What type of site do you have reserved? What type of trailer do you have (travel trailer, 5er, Class A, popup, etc)? Any unique way to find you? (a pink strip down the trailer side, a Green Bay Packers flag, etc).

I caught up with folks on my April trip because I shared my dates in advance, posted a picture of my sign and camper in a live trip report, and reached out to others whom I contacted prior to arrival because I knew they would be there same time as me. Anything like this that you can do will help.

Have a great trip!

Bama Ed

BamaEd can I ask a small favor. I'm apparently computer challenged and can't figure out how to get the Waltograph on to Mspaint. Could I ask you to make me a sign with Flametamr in bold in the middle and smaller Mobile AL below. If it would be easier you can email it to me under the same name on yahoo. Thanks in advance, Joe.

Thanks a lot ArielRae. Now I can get it made to hang on my brand new Mickey Light at the Fort next week.

ArielRae, I've been off the boards for several days so thanks for taking care of my man Flametamr. I know he has a trip planned very soon to the Fort.

Plus, he's so suave and sophisticated because he's from LA.

As in . . . . "Lower Alabama". :lmao:

OMG we're the Redneck Riviera, aren't we? amiright or amiright? :scared1:

Bama ED

We had a great time and I wanted to post pictures of the final products. I used ArielRae's image and went to a local sign company to get them made. Unfortunately nobody at the Fort from the Dis came by but I got lots of compliments from others. Thanks for all the help.

Bama...the sign template is fabulous! We used several of these templates for the door on our cruise. Lots of fun! So I started playing around with the template. I have no campsite but do have a cabin :teeth: Even though I'm not a real camper, am I still allowed to post it by the cabin? ;) Of course it would look better in front of a camper, wouldn't it? :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter