the situation right now is very fluid and things that happened yesterday might not happen today in terms of general operations. I know it's hard to plan this way but Disney is making operational decisions almost on a daily basis, that's why when people ask if attractions will open before official opening time I always say it is based on the operations team that morning for that attraction
The last few days seem to be looking like they are tightning up the transportations schedule

I was wondering if they just hadn't caught up with new park hours? DHS will be opening at 9 next week, so if we are doing the bus I'm guessing we will head to the bus stop at 7:30 to line up. We are at GDT and know that Casitas is the first stop so we will be walking over there. I wish that they would send multiple buses to resorts with multiple stops for park opening, but guess that's never going to happen, especially right now.

Just checked on the HUB and bus transportation wording still says approx 45 minutes prior to park official opening

Well that kinda stinks, parks can open 45 minutes early, transportation will be starting at the same time. Advantage to uber/lyft for sure I guess.lol

Well that kinda stinks, parks can open 45 minutes early, transportation will be starting at the same time. Advantage to uber/lyft for sure I guess.lol
And again I say, this is thre official time for buses, just like the parks, depending iiib many things they might start earlier, and again I say, I know it's really hard to plan this way
Disney is walking a tight line between operating in an efficient way not only for guests but budget wise

Advantage-walking from a resort (when possible).

The parking is held/backed up until about 45 min before park opening.

So we were let into DHS right at that time when cars starting to get let into the lot.

I am sure we had MMRR and SDD done before the first car parked could even enter the park.

And likely after RNR as well.

Prob similar at MK. 7DMT, PPan, BTMRR and Splash before cars-IF staying at BLT/POLY/GF anyway.

AK-prob no way to pick an obvious "best" choice.

EPCOT-walking to IG will get you first in line, but still competing with the Front gate.

EPCOT-front gate is another crap shoot on best method for FOTL/RD.

Adjusted park hours for Magic Kingdom Park:

• 6, 11-13, 18-19: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
  • 7-10, 14-17: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Adjusted park hours for Disney’s Hollywood Studios:

• 6-19: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Adjusted park hours for Disney’s Animal Kingdom:

• 4-6, 11-13, 18-19: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
  • 7-10, 14-17: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

And again I say, this is thre official time for buses, just like the parks, depending iiib many things they might start earlier, and again I say, I know it's really hard to plan this way
Disney is walking a tight line between operating in an efficient way not only for guests but budget wise

Thank you, I appreciate the information you share with all of us.

Thank you, I appreciate the information you share with all of us.
I sometimes read back my comments and I can see they could come off as snarky, I just wanted to let everyone know it's not snark, it seriously is just trying for all of you coming to know how crazy the day to day operation decisions are, and that we, as guests, need to not only be on our toes and flexible in planning, we also need to be patient with all front of line CM, it is not the fault of the bus driver, or attractions CM or food and beverage to have these decisions change what seems to be on the fly

We bounced around a lot last week.

Stayed at Riviera, BCV, VWL and BWV.

Highlight (other than 80 and sunny every day) was BWV to DHS, first in the park and first on M&M Train, then SDD, RNR and TSM before the park officially opened.

Also enjoyed each locations workout club (as ours are shut down in MN).

Had them all to myself every time, and they were all just scan in with no attendant.
What time did you arrive at HS please??

Has anyone been able to use giftcards to pay for their mobile orders? I heard it was to be added to MDE as an option.

I sometimes read back my comments and I can see they could come off as snarky, I just wanted to let everyone know it's not snark, it seriously is just trying for all of you coming to know how crazy the day to day operation decisions are, and that we, as guests, need to not only be on our toes and flexible in planning, we also need to be patient with all front of line CM, it is not the fault of the bus driver, or attractions CM or food and beverage to have these decisions change what seems to be on the fly

Absolutely not. Your advice in the last few months has been invaluable. All of the information you share is very appreciated. Thank you so much. I believe a lot of the reason why our trip was so enjoyable was specifically because some of your advice.

Hi! My dd and I went 11/21 and returned on 11/26. We went in knowing lines would be long. Outside of the lines, mask compliance was almost 100%. Inside the lines was another story. In almost every line that we were in that was over 30 minutes, we got stuck behind people that didn’t think masks were necessary. I’m not sure how this could be improved but will send in feedback so Disney is aware.
Sadly, despite being super careful before and during our trip, I did test positive today but dd is negative.
Hi all!
I wanted to do a follow up on my post. I, as required, reported my positive test to my employer. My employer is hosting testing facilities and the crisis management team encouraged me to come and get retested as some of the drug store rapid tests aren’t as accurate as the PCR lab tests. I went in on Monday to retest and got the good news that I do NOT have COVID 🙏🙏🙏
It is certainly a magical day in my house!!

I had a hard day at MK today. I put on my walking boot because my tendinitis was acting up so I think lugging that around contributed highly. I went to breakfast at CM - way too much food. Between that and it being so cold this morning I just decided to ride monorail over so no 7DMT for me. Instead I headed to Tomorrowland. Rode Buzz then Space. Rode the speedway for the first time. One and done for me. Only rode it because I never have before. Then headed to Fantasyland. Rode all but 7DMT and PP by 11:45. Was considering PP but it had jumped to 40 mins so decided to eat at Sleepy Hollow. While there and eating the Mickey, princesses and Santa came by. went to restroom and the orchestra went by but I caught them again a little later.

The wait times were higher than I thought they would be and pirates and PP went down. Rode carpets and got the Orange bird snack and decided I would head to Main Street to look around. On the way I saw Rabbit, piglet and Eeyore at CP. shopped at Emporium then went to confectionery but again a line and I didn’t need anything so left. Snapped a few pics and Mickey and friends were at train station. Then I decided to leave. I was tired. Came back to resort, washed a load of clothes and drove to the Wave for dinner. After dinner I rode the monorail to see the castle and then went back to room. Am really tired. Going back to MK on Friday so hopefully I will feel better. Tomorrow is EP again

Dachsie, I hope your foot is better? I have bouts of plantar fasciitis and know what you are going through. I get steroid shots in my foot before going to disney and that has helped. I also use the park ECV's when needed. It can really be a bummer. I admire you for going to WDW alone; never been brave enough to try it.

Has anyone been able to use giftcards to pay for their mobile orders? I heard it was to be added to MDE as an option.
Yes, you can pay for mobile orders with gift cards. But you can’t add the gift card to MDE permanently, you have to enter the card number each time. I suggest putting it in the notes app on your phone so you can just copy and paste, it worked well for me in October.

I was at MK last night, people were buying the sweatshirts and hoodies in droves at the emporium, i enjoy thre cold so was comfortable with jeans, long sleeve shirt and hoodie, no gloves, but did see lots of people with gloves and hats.

I wonder how many bought the 70% off (and I think other discounts applied as well) 2020 jacket. Those were everywhere for sale last week.

Absolutely not. Your advice in the last few months has been invaluable. All of the information you share is very appreciated. Thank you so much. I believe a lot of the reason why our trip was so enjoyable was specifically because some of your advice.
that's very sweet of you to say. Sometimes I'm very busy and reply very quickly in ly usual form of taalking and then hours later when I get a chance to read back I feel I come out as cross or annoyed. :D

Adjusted park hours for Magic Kingdom Park:

• 6, 11-13, 18-19: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
  • 7-10, 14-17: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Adjusted park hours for Disney’s Hollywood Studios:

• 6-19: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Adjusted park hours for Disney’s Animal Kingdom:

• 4-6, 11-13, 18-19: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
  • 7-10, 14-17: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
They should have had these hours for this week. I feel like the reduced times this week have it more crowded than I was expecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter