Has anyone done Space or Splash or Thunder around rope drop and/or park closing recently? Those are the ones that I’ve gotta do at least 3 times in a full day in order to be successful, and I’m really wondering which I should do first and last. I would think Splash would be shorter at park closing, but right now at 7:42, just before MK closes, it says it’s 40 minutes, but I wonder if that’s true. (I’m going January 6-16)

I sometimes read back my comments and I can see they could come off as snarky, I just wanted to let everyone know it's not snark, it seriously is just trying for all of you coming to know how crazy the day to day operation decisions are, and that we, as guests, need to not only be on our toes and flexible in planning, we also need to be patient with all front of line CM, it is not the fault of the bus driver, or attractions CM or food and beverage to have these decisions change what seems to be on the fly
I appreciate your insight x100 and know you know more than most but to Disney I would ask - how is that okay? To leave the guest holding the bag in terms of planning in a place where planning has ruled for years? Tickets aren’t discounted. Many hotels aren’t. How is expecting people to pay full price yet deal with things being limited and changing daily okay? It doesn’t seem like much if any of for the benefit of the guest.

Has anyone done Space or Splash or Thunder around rope drop and/or park closing recently? Those are the ones that I’ve gotta do at least 3 times in a full day in order to be successful, and I’m really wondering which I should do first and last. I would think Splash would be shorter at park closing, but right now at 7:42, just before MK closes, it says it’s 40 minutes, but I wonder if that’s true. (I’m going January 6-16)

I went the second week in November. We got to MK around 8:40 (9am official opening) & went straight to Frontierland. Splash wasn't open yet, so we went to Thunder & waited maybe 5 minutes (if I remember correctly they were only loading one side of the attraction at that time of the morning). We backtracked & walked on Pirates. By then Splash was open & we waited less than 5 minutes. We did Space at noon & waited just a touch over 15 minutes (posted wait was 35 min). We did Space again just before 3pm and again waited about 15 minutes (posted 25 min). We did Splash & Thunder again an hour before park close and walked on Splash (posted 35 min) and waited less than 10 minutes for Thunder (posted 20 min).

That day we managed to do pretty much every single attraction at least once, so I would say riding those three at least 3 times will be doable.

I appreciate your insight x100 and know you know more than most but to Disney I would ask - how is that okay? To leave the guest holding the bag in terms of planning in a place where planning has ruled for years? Tickets aren’t discounted. Many hotels aren’t. How is expecting people to pay full price yet deal with things being limited and changing daily okay? It doesn’t seem like much if any of for the benefit of the guest.
Not okay in normal situations
But
If you as the guest, knowing about this, decides to come now, you know the current situation, you know it's all fluid and things can change
You accept the risk in the current climate
If none of that is okay with you then you can rethink your plans

Not okay in normal situations
But
If you as the guest, knowing about this, decides to come now, you know the current situation, you know it's all fluid and things can change
You accept the risk in the current climate
If none of that is okay with you then you can rethink your plans
Not sure I buy that argument. Telling someone that there’s no fireworks so don’t come if you demand fireworks is totally okay. But telling people to be ready for a guessing game each day - while paying full price - is not okay. To stay safest we need to be able to plan accordingly for dining and transportation and it feels like wdw is just focused on pinching pennies.

Can anyone weigh in on boat transportation from Epcot resorts to Epcot and HS? How has it been? Long lines, distanced, are they running somewhat on time? Feels like I haven’t seen much.

Skyliner would jump into the top 4 if they would just start them earlier than what we saw.

I also think there may have been some issues last week, seemed down a lot.
I see no advantage for Pop and AOA with the skyliner. Am seriously considering changing my pop reservation next fall. Skyliner was a disaster this morning for EP. I took a joy ride from Riviera to pop and they almost wouldn’t let me get back to Riviera. Then they wouldn’t let us go to Ep before 11:15-11:30

We were there on Wednesday, and Thunder is my go-to/must-do ride. Around close, Splash was basically a ghost-town and Thunder had been consistently at/around 30 minutes for at least the last 1-2 hours of the park day. Note: it was also the coldest day so far this year on Wednesday, which accounted for a lower-than-usual line at Splash.

On Monday we rope dropped Space and went to Thunder third. This worked really well for us as we walked on to Space and had a minimal wait at Thunder. We didn’t do Splash so can’t advise on that sorry

Yes that makes sense.

Based on what we saw last week, IMO for somebody really interested in the earliest entry would be.

In order best to least.

1) Any EPCOT Resorts walking to DHS.

2) Any MK Loop Resorts walking to MK.

3) Any EPCOT Resorts walking to EPCOT.

After that it gets hit or miss.

Kinda feel like any Bus that happens to come early to a resort for any given park.

4) Earliest buses to AK.

5) Earliest buses to DHS or MK or EPCOT.

6) Uber to MK.

7) Uber to DHS.

8) Uber to AK.

9 Uber to EPCOT.

10) Driving to AK.

11) Driving to DHS.

12) Driving to EPCOT.

13) Driving to MK.

14) Skyliner to DHS.

15) Skyliner to EPCOT.
Just want to mention that in October I was close to the front of the line at DHS after riding the skyliner. So there just is not a perfect plan. Just do your best and relax and enjoy. The earlier you get into lines for any Disney transportation, the better. There are also boats too.

Just want to mention that in October I was close to the front of the line at DHS after riding the skyliner.

See that's what it should be IMO. Just start the thing sooner-I think they will eventually.
Although the early EPCOT Resort walkers will always beat the skyliner. But should be a close 2nd.

So there just is not a perfect plan. Just do your best and relax and enjoy. The earlier you get into lines for any Disney transportation, the better.

Agreed. Although the least chance of any obstacles are walking IMO.

There are also boats too.

Yea boats at EPCOT resorts will never beat early bird walkers to EPCOT or DHS. But indeed are another option good point.

Same at MK Loop resorts.

However, WL and Campgrounds boats might leave before buses-so that could help there.

Epcot was Thursday for us. We lined up at 11 am at the Riviera station and they started loading shortly after. It looked like the first groups were filling every gondola as it appeared they weren’t loading from the Caribbean station. That changed as we neared the ramp as the Caribbean station appeared to be loading, leaving every 2nd or 3rd gondola open. We were in the park well before 11:30.

Our original plan was to go to Frozen first thing, but we stopped to get the Olaf scavenger hunt first. As we made our way around world showcase, our granddaughter said she was hungry. I checked MDE and the wait was listed at 90 minutes. There was no way a hungry little girl was going to last that long. So we opted to have lunch at the Regal Eagle. Timing smiled on us as we finished eating and the wait time dropped to 40 minutes (actual closer to 25). We then did the Grand Fiesta Tour (5 minutes), Spaceship Earth (25 minutes) the , The Seas (walk-on), Living with the Land (walk-on), and Soarin’ (10 minutes).

So apparently the lynx bus 303 goes to Hollywood Studios twice a day, with one of the times at 7:25 AM (leaving Disney Springs at 7:05). I’m wondering if it’s worth it to just do that and not have to worry about the whole hassle with not being able to drive in, having to rely on the resort buses, etc. Even though I’d be really early, I’d for sure be one of the first people there and definitely be there when the rides start running. When do they start running anyway?

Yesterday was EP for me. I had breakfast at Topolinos and then was told Skyliner would start til 11:15. I and several others did mobile orders at Boardwalk bakery so they would let us on early. Canceled the order after I got on. Lined up for temp screens and they started that around 11. Held us at the gate til about 11:20. I rented an ECV and headed to Frozen. I thought sure I would be waiting with all the people who walked past me but essentially walked on. When I got off the line was headed towards China. Then headed to Mexico for the boat ride. Off by 11:45. Then went around WS. Went to Reflections of China, ate at some booths, shopped, went to American Experience show, shopped more. Picked up my cookie for the cookie stroll, saw the new Canada film then headed to the VISA picture spot.

After that went to Soarin, and saw Joy on the way. Got out of Soarin and went to see Awesome Planet. Left about 6:30 to head to ADR at la Hacienda and saw Pooh. After dinner was headed to the Seas and my ECV battery started dying fast. Found some CMs who called for me and they brought me a new on. Considered TT but had too many packages to deal with so opted to head to the Seas. Then turned in the ECV and headed to buses.

I would recommend if you want to ride Frozen, get to the EP gates early and head straight there. At one point the line was 95 mins. That’s insane. And I see no advantage to being at a Skyliner resort if you want to get there early. Am considering switching from Pop next fall

Yesterday was EP for me. I had breakfast at Topolinos and then was told Skyliner would start til 11:15. I and several others did mobile orders at Boardwalk bakery so they would let us on early. Canceled the order after I got on. Lined up for temp screens and they started that around 11. Held us at the gate til about 11:20. I rented an ECV and headed to Frozen. I thought sure I would be waiting with all the people who walked past me but essentially walked on. When I got off the line was headed towards China. Then headed to Mexico for the boat ride. Off by 11:45. Then went around WS. Went to Reflections of China, ate at some booths, shopped, went to American Experience show, shopped more. Picked up my cookie for the cookie stroll, saw the new Canada film then headed to the VISA picture spot.

After that went to Soarin, and saw Joy on the way. Got out of Soarin and went to see Awesome Planet. Left about 6:30 to head to ADR at la Hacienda and saw Pooh. After dinner was headed to the Seas and my ECV battery started dying fast. Found some CMs who called for me and they brought me a new on. Considered TT but had too many packages to deal with so opted to head to the Seas. Then turned in the ECV and headed to buses.

I would recommend if you want to ride Frozen, get to the EP gates early and head straight there. At one point the line was 95 mins. That’s insane. And I see no advantage to being at a Skyliner resort if you want to get there early. Am considering switching from Pop next fall
Sorry a bit off topic, but I was looking for a real life example of someone who rented a scooter at the IG entrance. Is that where you got yours? I had an injury last trip and thought I might need one at Epcot next trip. Thanks!

We are here now. Wednesday was MK and Thursday was HS. I have to say the bus situation at CBR wasn’t great and we missed rope drop. My cousin, who is a CM, arrived only five minutes after we did at 9 o’clock. We were however able to walk right on to Haunted Mansion. So it was a win in our books. It didn’t ruin the day because we are going back on Saturday.

Wednesday MK:
We arrived in park around 9 and were able to walk on Haunted Mansion. Afterwards we went to the carousel and while I was on there DH and my cousin made a game plan. Before our 1:30 reservation at Be Our Guest we were able to ride: Under the Sea, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Carousel of Progress.

Be Our Guest was amazing! I was
in awe the entire time. After we ate we got a return time for SDMT (DS has a DAS) and was able to do Hall of Presidents and watch several parades go by. We then went to SDMT and then got a return time for Peter Pan. That let us go to Country Bear Jamboree and we got to see Santa while waiting.

After riding Peter Pan we did a return time for Small World. We walked around a bit and explored. My DS was getting tired so we took a break and rested. After Small World we went to get a return time for Pirates and went and waited for the Tiki Tiki room. Tiki Tiki was so much fun, but DS was starting to get tired. It was 6 o’clock by then. We went to Pirates then made our way to the castle. We stayed for one projection change which was awesome!

We caught the bus back to CBR and were at the resort by 7:30. It was a great day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter