• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now

Today is Discovery Cove day. I made a mistake putting this in the middle of the vacation...kids don't want to go back to WDW...they want to stay here. To bad my budget only allowed one day to swim with the dolphins. Tomorrow is Hollywood Studios.
This was a surprise for my daughter that I booked in October. I did spring for a cabana. By booking early I got it for 250 instead of the current price tag of 400.

Yesterday at Epcot not bad. Today between 11 and 1 pm MK was wall to wall. And people were not nice. So we left. Will be going back this evening. Been going to WDW since 2000. Have done June before. I did expect crowds but was taken back with the rudeness of guests.
We have found that the rudest people are in MK no matter the crowds.

My son says it's the "Princess Park" and people act differently there.

After he pointed it out, I now tend to agree. All of the times my family has had issues with rudeness, it's been at MK.

I've been at all different times of the year and different crowd levels, too, so I don't think that's the issue.

I was completely shocked by the crowds. We have been going the 1st 2 weeks in June for awhile and the crowds were easily twice what I expected. Two things I saw was many many more meltdowns and a lot of these were adults and my 17 year old has said she will never go to Disney Springs again. In the 4 previous trips we have seen tipsy people but late at night at Disney Springs we saw a lot and I mean a lot of rowdy drunken people. I am trying to convince her to go at lunch time next trip and visit Raglan Road.

We swore off Disney Springs after this last trip, as well.

I deff see a lot more pressure in the parks this trip. We have been coming multiple times a year for 17 plus years and this trip I see it. The ride lines are big. Fast passes are gone mid morning for everything pretty much. I mean not all of them but 80 percent. I just hope they don’t open up payed extra fast passes to everyone cause it’s to make it even worse I think. This was a hard trip. I mean we have done everything we wanted to so far but I feel like I’m working for it. Lol I think we have to get in the mindset of missing something here and there knowing we will be back. Test track is an example. We were just too tired this morning for rope drop so no way of getting on it without waiting 60 mins and I just don’t want to either. My choice I know.

I am checking out Universal for the first time on Sunday and Monday. Staying over night at the Royal Pacific with 6 grands so we will have FOL passes for both day.

I may be going to the other side depending on how we fare. If the experience is better than what I am having at WDW then Discovery Cove, sea world and Universal may be my new vacation destination. When kids prefer a day at Discovery Cove to a day at MK then time to recheck my choices.

I am checking out Universal for the first time on Sunday and Monday. Staying over night at the Royal Pacific with 6 grands so we will have FOL passes for both day.

I may be going to the other side depending on how we fare. If the experience is better than what I am having at WDW then Discovery Cove, sea world and Universal may be my new vacation destination. When kids prefer a day at Discovery Cove to a day at MK then time to recheck my choices.
My adult son and granddaughter gave up a day at MK for a trip to Cocoa Beach for a few hours and dinner at Whispering Canyon. They did not want to go back and deal with MK anymore.

I was completely shocked by the crowds. We have been going the 1st 2 weeks in June for awhile and the crowds were easily twice what I expected. Two things I saw was many many more meltdowns and a lot of these were adults and my 17 year old has said she will never go to Disney Springs again. In the 4 previous trips we have seen tipsy people but late at night at Disney Springs we saw a lot and I mean a lot of rowdy drunken people. I am trying to convince her to go at lunch time next trip and visit Raglan Road.

We were there about the same time as you, I think--6/8-6/17--and DS wasn't bad when we went there in the daytime, but we don't go at night anymore.

We thought it was more crowded than we had expected (we have done June before but it has been a few years), but we didn't wait more than 30 minutes for anything but FoP.

re: rude guests at MK. The high prices and high expectations for a happy time contributes to it I think. People want to get the most out of this day, and the frustration mounts. It's not an excuse for these people because we are all there with the same objectives - to have a magical time. It's too bad that the frustration gets the most of some people :(

My son will pick UO all day long (for the ep and the bigger thrill rides) but I just love both WDW and UO. The ep’s at UO totally are a game changer. We don’t often do combo trips as it’s so expensive, but yay for this year we are :love:.

Today went back to MK. It opened at 8 but we didn't get in til 9 because grands arrived at 1am. Even so not bad. Had fast pass for Space, 7 Dwarfs, and Peter Pan. In between went on Buzz, Mermaid, people mover and Belle Enchanted. Then lunch at Be our guest at 1240. After lunch went to guest services to switch out some magic bands around 2 and resolve DAS issue. At guest services saw some very unhappy guests but we stayed positive. We left park for a break.

Tonight going back to Hollywood Studios for RR, ToT, and Star Tours. Also planning to see Star Wars night show.

I like the way they turn out
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411107430630.jpg

I didn't know that - the photographer that usually does the LM backdrop photo? We'll have to try that next time. My daughter got this during the dessert party with a photographer, she loves them!

Beautiful picture - will be putting this on my "photo bucket list" princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter