Hey Vera Bradley Hipster fans - to mini or not?

I got a hipster to try for our trip in October. I always wear a lanyard with pins for trading. I was thinking the other day that the strap might cause me to lose some of my pins. I noticed you had a lanyard on in one of your pics but didn't see any pins. Any ideas about that - do you think the strap will be a problem with pins on a lanyard?

Donna

I wore a lanyard with pins and a Hipster the entire time we were at WDW.... All I did was make sure that the Lanyard was over my Hipster strap. :thumbsup2 Didn't lose any pins.

CIMG2228.jpg

image205.jpg

CIMG2145.jpg

D~

I wore a lanyard with pins and a Hipster the entire time we were at WDW.... All I did was make sure that the Lanyard was over my Hipster strap. :thumbsup2 Didn't lose any pins.

CIMG2228.jpg

image205.jpg

CIMG2145.jpg

D~

That's what I'll do then. Thanks! By the way, I love your pictures - they made me smile - especially the one with Chip & Dale - my favorites! :woohoo:

Donna

Has anyone had any trouble with the strap from the hipster ruining their shirts? Last year I has an across the body type purse that worked great....I loved that I could get to everything easily, but my hands were free. When I got home, I notices that ALL of the shirts I had worn had pilling where the strap went across my body. I ended up throwing away every shirt. Probably should have kept them and wore the same purse...everything would be covered up:rotfl: I'm not sure whether to blame the canvas type strap on my purse or possibly the too hot dryers at the resort. I thought I was clever doing laundry before we went home...but the dryers only had a hot setting and I think that might have agrivated the problem.

Anyone else have this problem?? I'm thinking I may give the hipster a try...I love my other Vera stuff.

The drawback I can think of with the Mini Hipster in regards to DD5 is that the strap is like 60" and it's not adjustable -- it's just a "string" or skinny strap. You'll have to knot it to shorten it up for her (or for you). So I don't know how that would work with a little girl, if there would be a way that the extra strap wouldn't get in the way or get hung on stuff since there will be so much of it.

I recommend getting to a store if possible so she can check out the bag in person.

I just received the mini hipster. I got it for a 6 year old. What I plan on doing is tie the knot close to the bottom and stuf the loop into the back pocket and pin it with a small safety pin. I think this would work. Any comments?

I did the mini for our last trip, LOVED it. At first, I thought, there was NO way I'd get everything in it. However, its' designed VERY smart. I had a place for EVERYTHING, plus our camera!! I tried it w/ the lanyard the 1st day, but the lanyard annoyed me. I'll be getting my 2 daughters 1 each, for our next trip!:thumbsup2

Has anyone had any trouble with the strap from the hipster ruining their shirts? Last year I has an across the body type purse that worked great....I loved that I could get to everything easily, but my hands were free. When I got home, I notices that ALL of the shirts I had worn had pilling where the strap went across my body. I ended up throwing away every shirt. Probably should have kept them and wore the same purse...everything would be covered up:rotfl: I'm not sure whether to blame the canvas type strap on my purse or possibly the too hot dryers at the resort. I thought I was clever doing laundry before we went home...but the dryers only had a hot setting and I think that might have agrivated the problem.

Anyone else have this problem?? I'm thinking I may give the hipster a try...I love my other Vera stuff.

Nope, never a problem for me. I've worn several hipster with several shirts - I've never had a problem with any of them.

D~

You need a shirt shaver... :goodvibes

I always bring a hipster to Disney World. I love it. Never had the problem with it ruining my shirts. What I love most about the hipster is the adjustable strap. I like the convenience of wearing is cross boday or as a shoulder purse.

LisaZee, you look so cute in your pics! And you are killing me; I got my Carnaby Hipster a few weeks ago, but after seeing the 'variety' in your pics, I want to go pick up another in a new pattern before we leave on Sunday! :rotfl:

Lol - thanks! I originally had just the Hope Garden one packed, then saw how many pink and purple tops I had and packed the Purple Punch! :lmao: I am a vain, vain creature at heart. I rationalized it by telling myself they don't take up too much space in a suitcase! :thumbsup2 ;)

I rationalized it by telling myself they don't take up too much space in a suitcase! :thumbsup2 ;)

That's one of the best parts of traveling with them! I always take a selection. My husband said the pics from our last trip looked like a Vera Bradley ad.:rotfl:

Also, I need a small carry on. I need room for a thin cardigan and a paperback, plus I like to toss in my Libby bag so I'm not having to deal with two bags. Would a Betsy bag be too small? I want something that zips closed.

does purple punch have a black background or brown? it is hard to tell from online pics.
thanks!

It's dark brown -but I totally wore it with black shorts and it looked fine - see my pic above.

I'm convinced I will forever be torn between the mini and regular hipsters. :confused3:rotfl:

I really should just get both. :rolleyes1 But honestly, Vera is pretty pricey and I'd rather just get the one.

Hopefully they'll have a sale soon. I'm just nervous that the mini is too small and the regular is too big.

I plan on carrying: zip id case (w/ debit card, license, money, KTTW), smallish digital camera (in a small case), cell phone, and maybe some chapstick and touch-up makeup.

What I like about the mini is that it would force me NOT to overpack for the parks with stuff I don't need. I'm just nervous it is too small. The regular looks pretty huge.

LOL, I feel like I've been venting about this mini/regular dilemma for months now...I really cannot decide! :rotfl: As soon as I decide to get one, I change my mind!

I'm convinced I will forever be torn between the mini and regular hipsters. :confused3:rotfl:

I really should just get both. :rolleyes1 But honestly, Vera is pretty pricey and I'd rather just get the one.

Hopefully they'll have a sale soon. I'm just nervous that the mini is too small and the regular is too big.

I plan on carrying: zip id case (w/ debit card, license, money, KTTW), smallish digital camera (in a small case), cell phone, and maybe some chapstick and touch-up makeup.

What I like about the mini is that it would force me NOT to overpack for the parks with stuff I don't need. I'm just nervous it is too small. The regular looks pretty huge.

LOL, I feel like I've been venting about this mini/regular dilemma for months now...I really cannot decide! :rotfl: As soon as I decide to get one, I change my mind!

Check www.ebags.com - much more reasonable than VB's website - they stock retired colors and almost always have some sort of code... this is where I buy all my VB unless ebags is sold out - then I force myself to buy from vb.com.

I also have a few patterns and reviews at http://verabradleyresources.proboards.com/ it's free to join. I just added my VB weekender review this morning. :thumbsup2

D~

I have debated the mini and regular hipsters, too. I have one regular hipster in Java Blue... but I am phasing out that pattern in favor of other, brighter prints. I do wish I had a mini. I purchased a few small backpacks on clearance mainly because a) they fit my mini laptop and b) i need those little pouches for my eyeglasses. They are a pain to remove to get on rides, but that's the one downside.

I LOVE the miller bag for flying, though. So many compartments and it fits beautifully under the seat in front of me.

Check www.ebags.com - much more reasonable than VB's website - they stock retired colors and almost always have some sort of code... this is where I buy all my VB unless ebags is sold out - then I force myself to buy from vb.com.

I also have a few patterns and reviews at http://verabradleyresources.proboards.com/ it's free to join. I just added my VB weekender review this morning. :thumbsup2

D~

Thanks for the invite. I am really enjoying that site.
Debbie

Thanks for the invite. I am really enjoying that site.
Debbie
\
I am glad you are enjoying the message board, I was happy to see that you joined... I hope to have a lot more reviews eventually, but it's building up - so that good. :thumbsup2

:)
D~

D~

I'm waiting approval name is suzyhomemaker. Everything else I tried was taken already. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter