Holiday 2017 Shopping

I think most ages would like the fingerlings. I bought them for my 3 and 6 year old granddaughters and my daughter. After watching the video I'm looking forward to playing with one of them myself..... but I can be childish like that :teeth:

You really need to have your volume turned up to get the full effect.

As I'm sitting here looking at this post for more ideas, my girls (9,7,2) are sitting at the kitchen table playing with the bottles of paint that we are using to paint rocks. They have been there for 30 minutes already. The paint cost .59 a bottle. It's making me rethink my list....

This is from someone that AGONIZES over Christmas and would constantly buy early and buy the perfect gifts! what I have noticed over the years is I return...a lot! Which was a great idea two months ago doesn't seem like a great idea in December. I have only one DD and she is in college now. I never get hung up on cost of anything etc, I get what she really wants now. I always do well with certain surprises but they seem to come at the 11th hour. Bottom line, I refuse to buy just to buy - end up with junk that no one touches just to make it look like a lot. For what? Case in point, I found her easter basket STILL with candy in it and still with unopened items in it (gadget, makeup etc). I returned them to the store! (not the candy of course but other things...) Point is I am tired of accumulating clutter and proud to say WE HAVE NONE anymore. She loves retro nintendo and I found at a church sale some retro games for her retro system of characters she loves. Not buying ANYTHING until November.

Thanks for the fingerling suggestion! I picked up 3. I love to give the angels on the tree at our church the hot toys. Last year they got hatchimals and were speechless!

THis past summer we went to California on a 2 week senior graduation trip. I purchased a wildly expensive zookeeper to yourself private tour at the San Diego Zoo. This was her "big" christmas present. I am about experiences now. We are going to Haiwaii this summer.. Will do a special experience for her there and include that in the christmas presents.

Hello Jumping on board, have my list but haven't really started yet except for some stocking stuffers. I went to toys R Us today to browse the clearance and saw a small group of people waiting around some boxes, turns out the store was getting a delivery of Fingerlings, I had no clue they were so popular after they were done I was able to pick up 2 fingerlings today a single and one with a cage they look very cute keep the ideas coming! :)

I just found out that my BFF and her family are going to WDW in January! I got her 4 year-old daughter a Moana coloring book and mess free markers (the markers only write on the special pages within the coloring book). I got my nephew (3yrs) a Finding Dory one. They were on clearance at Walmart for $5. I also got my BFF and her family mouse ear headbands from eBay for $1/ea. I'll give them some pins for trading from my collection. I also got my BFF a lipstick that she really liked the last time we went shopping together.

This year is pretty easy.
DD#1 and SoIL#1 will be getting a couples gift, as will DD#2 and SoIL#2. For the first, the World of Warcraft cookbook, along with the Doctor Who cookbook (on their wishlist); Couple 2 wants some basic handtools, so Dh will put together a toolkit for them.
Plus each one gets a personal gift. The SoILs will each get the next 2 Jim Butcher Dresden Files books (got them reading those last year, and have been giving them the next in the series for gifts for the last year). DD#1, I'll probably send her some WoW pets or mounts online (gamer girl!) and DD#2 will get some Disney thing.

GS#1 wants cash.
GS#2 and #3 are into Little People and cars, so they are getting those. Will see what deals I can find over the next few months. And of course, a couple books for each one of the grandkids is a must.

DS wants a newer Xbox One Slim(or maybe it's the Xone X...I can't remember), so we'll see what deals we can find between now and then. Other than that, I don't know what he's looking for.

We're buying us a bigger tv, so we'll give DS the old 40" we've been using. DH is upgrading my computer (built last year) and building himself one, so we're buying parts as we find deals.

So...basically, I have some random computer parts purchased, and one WoW cookbook. That's it.
Oiy

We are doing a minimalistic Christmas this year LOL- typically there are SO many gifts under the tree and its crazy- my daughter went to college this year so I don't even think I am going to put up a big tree, might get like a three foot one for the bay window instead since she won't be there to help me put up a tree. I just bought her a French Macaron making class gift cert since she loves those. I will probably get her some broadway tickets for her break and that's probably it- gram is going to get broadway tickets too- not a ton of gifts this year since no one really needs anything. We are going on a 2 week road trip around Utah in May so we will save the money for that.

Hello Jumping on board, have my list but haven't really started yet except for some stocking stuffers. I went to toys R Us today to browse the clearance and saw a small group of people waiting around some boxes, turns out the store was getting a delivery of Fingerlings, I had no clue they were so popular after they were done I was able to pick up 2 fingerlings today a single and one with a cage they look very cute keep the ideas coming! :)

I hadn't heard about the fingerlings before this thread. How much do these things run?

If anyone knows someone into Game of Thrones or fantasy, this dragon earring is pretty cool for $1.43. https://www.rosegal.com/earrings/re...ce=mail_sys&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=cart

1505259122977965798.jpg

My sister and friend woul
If anyone knows someone into Game of Thrones or fantasy, this dragon earring is pretty cool for $1.43. https://www.rosegal.com/earrings/re...ce=mail_sys&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=cart

1505259122977965798.jpg
d LOVE th

1505259122977965798.jpg
Wow! my sister and friend would love this thanks for posting :)

Officially started Christmas shopping today! :yay: Amazon has a bundle deal on the Fire stick and Echo Dot for $59.99, in case anyone else is interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter