How budget friendly was everyone's weekend?

We didn't go out to eat (except buying some wine to take to a dinner party we were invited to), but we bought new tires for my car (a necessity) and a ski rack. So not budget at all!

Expensive. Friday night, pizza delivery. Saturday, $0. Yesterday was a dad/son day so they had lunch at $13.

Sunday was my expensive day, and Monday, same thing.

Yesterday I bought winter jackets $85 total for kids online because I like to think that far ahead and be ready. I don't think it's that bad, but just thinking I still need to get winter boots, long underwear, and go through the hat and gloves box and take inventory and more than likely get extra because we always lose something along the winter. I took stock of long pants for the kids, and I think they need a few extra because no doubt we'll have some knee holes or something part way through, always do! I want to finish up the winter clothing process here within the next month by end of November, so I'm sure there will be more expenses related coming.

Today was a vet visit and the associated vet bill :headache: I'm never very fond of taking the dog to the vet, there's always something involved and never really get out unscathed. Last month she had her annual shots, and also had a skin allergy and eye issue to address as English Bulldogs are prone to. Then she's been on meds for that and today was a follow up and had to get more flea medication to take us at least into the winter months.

Friday – I was craving beer. So, went to a German restaurant…cost just shy of $100 after tip.
Saturday – volleyball tournament for my niece – spent about $20 on snacks for my kids
Saturday – ribfest at our local butcher. Spent $82 on meat and snacks and ribs (to die for…)…
Saturday – wanted eggrolls from a food truck that I love, so dropped $30 there.
Saturday – Hobby Lobby for a huge frame for a print I bought. Spent $37.
Sunday – went to Ikea and dropped $42, Mall of America to return jeans – so got $42 back
Sunday – egg roll truck was running a .50/eggroll special, so went and dropped $30 on them for lunches for the week..

All my disposable income goes to food and travel, as this snapshot shows J

Not very budget friendly. My husband chose to buy an expensive Halloween Costume. I'm hoping he'll wear it a couple of Halloweens.

One of our friends does a yearly Halloween Party. I've got so many costumes that still fit that I haven't had to actually buy one in years although I did splurge and buy the Belle Dress from Torrid. I'd planned to wear that to MNSSHP at Disney World this year but that part of the trip was cancelled thanks to Hurricane Irma. I'll have it for next year though.

Budget friendly - completely.
Low spend of money - nope.

- Groceries were $165 when budget is $200/week, so I have $35 left to still pick up more produce and milk Tuesday.
- Single family meal out was $75 when budget is $100/week, so I had money left over here (and they gave me a 15% off coupon for the lunch buffet next time which never gets discounted, so that's pretty awesome).
- Went to an Escape Room adult birthday party. My friend wouldn't let me pay for my husband and myself, so we brought a gift of a 6 pack of my hubby's brewed beer (3 different kinds) wrapped in a gift bag and tissue, and a card. Probably cost $15 total, and was wildly appreciated as a one-of-a-kind gift (since they are the folks that literally have everything in their house, so disposable and different is good:))
- Bought my spouse's birthday gift - was planning to spend $140 on Tuesday and asked him to wait for a better sale - got it for $117 on Oct 13th (it was a beer grain grinder and a new extract kit to try), so leapt at it, since the best discount I had seen before was 10% (got 13% off a sale price). So, he's done and we'll celebrate early when it comes (since his day falls in the Thanksgiving holiday).
- Got my kids' big Santa gift for free (A Nintendo Switch with 3 games) using expiring airline miles - that will help me lower my gift budget later:).
- Paid off my kid's youth group dinners for the year and tithed to Church...same old, same old expense.
- Filled up the car gas tank - again, routine cost.

I'll be spending the next few weekends starting to buy for Christmas. Once the Switch comes in, I'll see what games come with it to decide if I need an extra game or device for it. They'll be expensive weekends, but weekends that are already budgeted for that money, so budget friendly, but not low spends of money:)...

We did pretty well!

Friday night - Movie night with friends, we all chipped in for Chinese takeout ($20) and watched Netflix.
Saturday - Small grocery shop ($50), then ate dinner in and had a quiet night.
Sunday - Church in the morning (usual tithe) and shopped during the day (just picked up some new linens, $75 but good sales!) then family dinner at night, we brought a bottle of wine ($20) and salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter