How Did You Like The Lion King in 3D?!

I went to see it yesterday with my sister as they had a special screening with all money raised going to charity. we both absolutely loved it, both sessions at my local cinema were full and there seemed to be alot of adults there with no children :) it is such a great classic and everyone was clapping, cheering and even singing. Many kids who were in attendance also had brought Their lion king toys along . I loved the opening scene and tested up a little, this was my first time seeing it on the big screen , and my sisters 3rd as she had seen it in 9.

The opening scene was awesome with the flamingos and when zazu flew over the herds there were a few people reaching out trying to touch him. This is my favorite Disney movie and there will be no doubt we will both go back to see it sometime in the next two weeks, such perfect timing as my birthday is this week too, what a great way to celebrate ,

I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was great. While there were times where I forgot about the 3D, most of the time I was impressed with how beautiful it looked. I teared up during the opening scene because not only was it just stunning but I was so excited to be watching this again on the big screen. I've seen it a billion times (I watched it so much as a kid that I still remember a lot of the lines) but I still got goosebumps watching it.

We enjoyed it. I liked it in 3D, but only because it added more depth as other have said. Still, my eye watered the whole time I had on the glasses. Not sure why this happens, but it does.

DBF and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie in 3-D. It's a beautiful movie to begin with, but the 3-D approach made the hand-drawn animation that much more beautiful and the multi-layered approach to the animation more impactful.

Plus it was fun feeling like a kid again. :goodvibes

We saw it Friday night in 3D! It was my son's first time seeing it...he thought it was a new movie! haha! We loved it!

My husband and I went (alone) to see the movie last night. I simply loved the subtle 3D effects.

Thank goodness for my fellow Disers for validating my reaction of tearing up, especially at the opening scene. I thought that I may have been hormonal :lmao:

We had to squeeze in a viewing this morning. It has been an otherwise busy weekend, and we leave for WDW on Friday! The kids were begging to see it, so this morning it was.

I thought it was good, and the 3D was decent. But I did feel a bit silly paying $40 to watch a movie we own and can watch on our digital projector downstairs. It wasn't really different enough to warrant the price.

I loved it! Just saw it tonight and saw it in the cinema 3 times back in 94 when it came out:goodvibes Would have loved it even more if the people that sat behind me would have shut up for 5 minutes:rolleyes: Guess I'll have to wait for my 4 disk set to enjoy it minus the obnoxious conversation that went on through the entire movie:upsidedow
and just so I don't get flamed I am not talking about little kids making noise because that I don't mind or ppl singing along because I love the Lion King and other happy ppl that love it like me make me happy, no this whole group was having a full on out conversation and one even said out loud "this is stupid and it sucks" so rude...

Took our teens to see it today. My daughter and I enjoyed the 3D, it was subtle and just added more depth to the film. DH and our son were not impressed with the 3D though, I guess they were wanting something gimicky.
Enjoyed the film though.
People were singing along during the opening scene, and the woman behind us was singing and quoting lines throughout the movie, but that just made us laugh a bit.
The entire audience applauded at the end.

I loved it! Just saw it tonight and saw it in the cinema 3 times back in 94 when it came out:goodvibes Would have loved it even more if the people that sat behind me would have shut up for 5 minutes:rolleyes: Guess I'll have to wait for my 4 disk set to enjoy it minus the obnoxious conversation that went on through the entire movie:upsidedow
and just so I don't get flamed I am not talking about little kids making noise because that I don't mind or ppl singing along because I love the Lion King and other happy ppl that love it like me make me happy, no this whole group was having a full on out conversation and one even said out loud "this is stupid and it sucks" so rude...

:sad2::sad2:

Paid $5 extra each on my DGD's 4th birthday and she refused to wear the glasses! Ah, well, my daughter and I enjoyed it! My DGD stood up and applauded at the end of one of the songs, we were cracking up. It was her first time to the movie theater and she stood up at one point and said, "I gotta go potty, see you guys in a few minutes" and prepared to walk out of the theater by herself. Four years old and already thinks she knows EVERYTHING. The movie was wonderful but I kept comparing every scene to the Lion King at DAK. I about drove my DD nuts by telling her over and over how much she was going to love the show when we go in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter