How Did You Like The Lion King in 3D?!

Paid $5 extra each on my DGD's 4th birthday and she refused to wear the glasses! Ah, well, my daughter and I enjoyed it! My DGD stood up and applauded at the end of one of the songs, we were cracking up. It was her first time to the movie theater and she stood up at one point and said, "I gotta go potty, see you guys in a few minutes" and prepared to walk out of the theater by herself. Four years old and already thinks she knows EVERYTHING. The movie was wonderful but I kept comparing every scene to the Lion King at DAK. I about drove my DD nuts by telling her over and over how much she was going to love the show when we go in March.

I saw several kids up by us that wouldn't wear the glasses, too. :goodvibes We went to the early bird & paid $8 each for the 3D movie.

I loved it! I am SO GLAD they didn't put in that Morning Report song!
The nostalgia of seeing my favorite D movie with my 7 year old DD was awesome. I teared up a lot in the movie, but mainly in the start of it. It was awesome!

Count us in as loving it! I loved the layers upon layers of 3D and that they didn't put any crazy 3D effects just for the sake of effects. My 4yr old son kept reaching out his hand to try to touch the images. We sang & cried. It was well worth the $$. We also went to the first showing, on a weekday, to get the discounted price. There weren't many ppl there since it was just immediately after school let out. I imagine the shows that start after 5pm were much busier.

So, this movie seems really popular, isn't this the last week to see it? Who going to cram in another viewing, if you dare?:laughing:

I saw it today and I absolutely loved it! Granted I'm not a huge fan of 3D but it's The Lion King for crying outloud! How could I not see it again in theaters? It was actually the very first movie that I ever saw in theaters so it was just amazing to see it again on the big screen where I could remember it. I thought the stampede scene and the beginning were really well done 3D style. :goodvibes

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved it! I had definitely forgotten the goose-stepping hyenas in "Be Prepared" though.... The 3D looked good, but I was mostly thrilled to be able to see the Lion King in a movie theater again.

for me what was worth is was the extra depth, if made it fabulous i loved the extra layers to the visual

Jacie said:
I loved it! I am SO GLAD they didn't put in that Morning Report song!
The nostalgia of seeing my favorite D movie with my 7 year old DD was awesome. I teared up a lot in the movie, but mainly in the start of it. It was awesome!

We noticed that. My DD asked why Simba didn't sing. Was that something that was just added for the DVD?

It was the best movie I've seen all year! Everybody else in the theater liked it as well.. it received a standing ovation

my dvd/bluray preorder from disney movie club just arrived, can't wait to see if on bluray tonight

My friends and I just went to see it last night, since it was AMC's student night. We loved it! The extra depth was amazing, and it looked beautiful. We also enjoyed hearing the reaction of the little kids who were just seeing it for the first time- they were so cute! :goodvibes

I saw it last night and I loved it!!! I was singing along (quietly of course) and love listening to those in the theater that haven't seen it go "Awww" during different parts of the movie.

I love the "Real 3D" instead of 3D that jumps out at you. These are nice touches to a movie.

I took the kids to go see it last weekend and absolutely loved it! The way they redid it for 3D was VERY NICELY done. They didn't add anything flying out of the screen, but lots of layers which gave it a great depth of field experience. We pre-ordered the 3D pack so we could have it at home.

I finally saw this with my wife over the weekend, and while it was pure joy to have this movie back in the theater (I had forgotten how great Jeremy Irons is as Scar), I don't know that the 3D did anything. While I've seen worse 3D transfers, I wasn't blown away. Also, while I'm thrilled that Disney is re-releasing some of its recent classics to theaters in the next two years, I also don't know that the 3D transfer is necessary.

It may just be me, but Disney, if you release old movies every year or so, I will see them in theaters. I don't need 3D to see them. I'm fine with supporting old-fashioned re-releases, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter