How does the PodCrew...

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
... know each other? How did you come to work together. Did Pete place an ad in the Orlando Sentinel for Disney enthusiasts to join his gang? Or did you all know each other prior to this venture?

You all seem to work well together and it seems like there has to be more to it than just "hiring" people who know about Disney and getting lucky with the dynamics of the group. I'm curious ...

Thanks!

actually a lot of that is covered if you hunt back to the anniversary show last year in what may or june.

the short version is that pete and john have known each other a long time, Bawb moved to florida on a dare, Corey answered an ad in the paper and took a chance, eventually Julie joined in, and Kevin had grown tired of traumatizing children in small groups and moved to Orlando to be better able to traumatize them in large groups.

and Kevin had grown tired of traumatizing children in small groups and moved to Orlando to be better able to traumatize them in large groups.

Oscar......You are on FIRE today! :rotfl:

And yes, for really good Podcast history check out the Podcasts from June 2007, I think the June 5th and June 12th shows tell you how the crew came to be, how Pete started the site, ect....it's a very interesting listen.

The story of how these fine people have come together almost makes you believe in fate... :wizard:

I love the part of the story where Pete says, OMG, I think we're moving to Orlando. It all takes off from there!

Oscar......You are on FIRE today! :rotfl:

And yes, for really good Podcast history check out the Podcasts from June 2007, I think the June 5th and June 12th shows tell you how the crew came to be, how Pete started the site, ect....it's a very interesting listen.

Cool! I'll check them out.

The story of how these fine people have come together almost makes you believe in fate... :wizard:

I love the part of the story where Pete says, OMG, I think we're moving to Orlando. It all takes off from there!

I've always thought that too.... Fate.

Pete and Kevin moved down to Orlando together didn't they?

I've always wondered how Pete met Bob, Bob mentions that he introduced Pete to John I think, but doesn't mention how he met Pete. Was it through the boards? I know he was an early Moderator.

I asked this question back in May of 07 and this was Pete's response.HTH. :goodvibes

I can give you the readers digest version :)

John and I were first on the scene when the DIS first began. At that time, we were involved in a relationship and were living in New Jersey. Bob was next - he was an early adopter on the forums - one of our first moderators in fact. Bob and I first met face to face right before the sites 2nd anniversary - we've been great friends ever since. Corey was hired in October 2001. He had very limited experience in web design, but his art portfolio was amazing. He was hired as a graphic designer, but he does much more. Corey has been one of the most amazing collaborative partners I've ever had the pleasure of working with. He and I make a pretty good team.

Kevin and John became involved in 2001, and Kevin is an obvious long time Disney fan. His talent was too obvious to ignore, and he's been working with Dreams Unlimited for about 4 years now. Of course we can't forget about Julie - she was introduced to us thru Corey obviously, but she really became part of our team when we did the Dreams Video Trivia challenge last November.

Hope that helps :)

Pete

I've always wondered how Pete met Bob, Bob mentions that he introduced Pete to John I think, but doesn't mention how he met Pete. Was it through the boards? I know he was an early Moderator.

Nope, I believe I understood the story to be that Pete & John came down on vacation and John went to a Disney career/employment fair. It was the look on the interviewers face that made Pete realize that they were very interested in John's resume and skills. He had one of those OMG moments where he realized his life was about to change big time.

ok...you're close.

Pete and John then add Bob and then Corey. Divide Pete and John. Add Kevin to John and Walter to Pete. Now add Julie and finally Will.

Got it?

ok...you're close.

Pete and John then add Bob and then Corey. Divide Pete and John. Add Kevin to John and Walter to Pete. Now add Julie and finally Will.

Got it?
Then add my DD to Will, with me riding "shotgun"...

ok...you're close.

Got it?

.. again anyone else have the tune to "Soap" in their head :rotfl: Who is Billy Crystal's dummy ;)

Originally Posted by DisneyKevin
ok...you're close.

Got it?

Then add my DD to Will, with me riding "shotgun"...

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: already a pushy MIL !!! Your poor DD has no prayer does she :rotfl:

Bob, are you going to bring Harold on the cruise? :lmao: We love props!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter