How does your dh handle your obsession....

siestakeys04

DIS Veteran
with disney?? I dont think my dh would go to disney so many time a year. we do get to go next year and i am trying to decide where to stay this time for more for the kids. He will not talk about anything until next JUNE. He say its to early to talk about it. So i have to come here.:grouphug: There will be other family members going and they dont understand why i am planning so early. When they see all the work i done they will appreciate next year when we go. Tell me your story.

My Husband was not a big theme park lover
but last year I was able to plan a WDW trip
and I paid for it by myself, I think that
he really enjoy the trip.
I am planning another WDW trip for this
year but not telling him much unless
he ask me, that seems to be working.
But sometimes I just got to get it out
of my system and come to the Disboards
for support.
This has help tremendously
and now I'm hooked on the boards,
I learned alot from them, without
saying one word to my husband.
I even got him to buy 2 Disney Tshirts
for our next WDW trip, I'm making progress.
He'll be a Disney Lover in no time.:mickeyjum

Mine is totally FOR my obsession!!

Anyone even moentions Disney, he gives them my cell phone number LOL!

We did our honey moon with very little planning, spent way too much money and have a lovely time. Fast forward to last year, we took our 3 kids, spent almost as much money, BUT stayed on property, got free DDP, and had 3 more mouths to feed! (Plus we stayed 6 days on property instead of 4 days off!).

This year (With even more research!) we have our airfare (About $1000 cheaper than last year so far!) and are staying at a moderate instead of a value. Since I saved so much on airfare, this trip is costing us about the same AGAIN! Its slightly more since we are paying OOP for the DDP and upgraded to PH+, but still.

DH LOVES telling others how "His wife" can get us to Disney with airfare, tickets, on property, transportation and food for way under the $5000 most of his friends spend on family vacations elsewhere!

He LOVES that he doesn't have to think (Other than "approving" the dates LOL!) and that my "plans" are flexible. I say "Would you prefer this or this? "Usually he has no opinion, so I do what I think it best. Sometimes his opinions surprise me, but I think I know him (And our kids) pretty well.

AND I've finally figured out some of his thought process so I can plant seeds nad then he will "magically" come up with a BRILLIANT idea for me to incorprate into our plans LOL!

I love this man!!!:love:

he says I seriously need mental help

That is pretty much what my DH says as well. :)

We planned a trip last year & he was not excited about it. He knows that I come from a family that LOVES Disney, so he went along not expecting to enjoy it. After 2 weeks at WDW he loves it, although he is not into planning as much as I am. He tells me that if I spent half as much time with him that I spend reading this website he would be very happy...I can't help it that I love reading anything about Disney.:confused3

MY DH is so totally obsessed! (Nebo - read trip report :Guess who's coming to free dinner and sompleted TR: if it's tues, this must be epcot)
disney is ALL he talks about. every day he tinkers with out itinerary, reads new books on it, new boards, web sites!
his theory on planning,: Once the upcoming trip is planned, start planning the TRIP AFTER, so you won't be depressed when THIS trip is over!:rotfl:

In my case it's the DH (me) trying to get my DW to my level of obsession :) She is a Disney fan and very excited that we are booked, but she had 1 childhood trip and it wasn't so great, so I'm looking to show her what a real WDW vacation is!

He tells me that if I spent half as much time with him that I spend reading this website he would be very happy...I can't help it that I love reading anything about Disney.:confused3

HA!! My DH says the SAME THING!!!!
"Oh your on the disboards again, can't we watch TV or something??"

Well, DH started liking Disney a lot more when we got picked last year to be Grand Marshalls in the MK parade. He really seemed to enjoy it.
I still try not to spring too many trip ideas on him at one time!

I Am the Totally obsessed Husband

My wife is the one who thinks I need help, I just got a Dis license palte for my car and she wanted me to get OCDDsny:lmao:

DW tells me, "You're obsessed." I remind her, my "obsession" has produced many memorable trips to WDW, DL, & DCL.

My DH like Disney but doesn't understand why I have to plan every bit of our itinerary now when our trip is not until October. He has a hard time believing that restaurants get booked up to 180 days in advance. So when I tell him I am planning everything in order to make my ADR's, he doesn't believe me.

He DOES like the suggestions I have gotten from all my time on the DIS: i.e. Crocs, Baggalinis, fridge swaps, motion sickness tips (he is hopelessly sick on rides), etc. He just wishes I'd wait until about July to start all this!

He thinks I completely overplan. on our one previous trip in 03 he said it was our once in a lifetime trip, by day 2 he said if we come back, by day 4 he said when we come back.:cool1: Obviously it has taken me 4 years to pull it off again, but at least we are going:banana: He completely went off the deep end when I was asking him to look at menus so I could make our Adrs at the 180 mark:rotfl2: So now I just tell him what I need to only. I have the disney time countdown on our computer. 113 to go by the way:cool1: and even he is starting to get in to it.

I'm a converted DH. Took 3 years and half a dozen trips, but I'm on board now. Disney is magically, go enough times and they'll get it.

Fortunately, DH is almost as obsessed with Disney as I am - almost! In fact, a lot of times he'll be here on the Dis and he'll call me over to read something and I'll say, "yes, I read that earlier." He doesn't really get involved in the planning aspect, other than listening to me tell him all about our itinerary. I do ask him if there is anything in particular he wants to do, but generally he leaves the planning to me - I like it that way.:thumbsup2

My husband frustrates me. Whenever I try to show him anything or ask for his input, his eyes just glaze over and he says "You're the expert - whatever you think is best. I trust you." So, I spend countless hours with my Unofficial Guide and Passporter, pore over all of the posts on Disboards, look at every single resort picture on allearsnet, etc... Then, just when I have everything all planned out with lists, spreadsheets, pros and cons, etc... Hubby will decide to get involved - he'll spend 30 minutes on the computer and come up with what he thinks is the best plan. I know I should be happy that he want to be involved a little, but come on!! How about the countless times I've asked for his opinion!?!?!?! He just wants to swoop in at the end and get the glory!

That probably sounds petty, but it drives me nuts!!!:headache:

My DH is SOOOO SICK of going to WDW!!!! But we go every year regardless. We both went for the VERY first time when we were dating in 1997. 10 years and 2 kids later, we have been on 16 trips with our 17th in the works for August!!! Kids are the PERFECT "excuse" to go to WDW!!! :lmao:

DH says I am a part of a "CULT" and calls us all "FREAKS"! It's quite funny. We have gone to WDW and had Meet and Greets with members from other sites. And we've had a great time!!!!!

DH doesn't like to plan ANYTHING. However, he LOVES that I plan all of our meals. And I ALWAYS use his input. He LOVES having a nice, sit down meal every single night. So I ask him where he would like to try, and I incorporate those places in our plans. After all, I don't want to hear him say he NEVER WANTS TO GO BACK!!!!!! :laughing:

My dh is as crazy as I am :) When we met I worked for Disneyland and my bedroom at my mom's was completely Mickey so he knew what he was getting into. When I said I wanted to get married at the Disneyland Hotel he didn't even have to think about it before saying what a great idea. If we go two weeks without going to Disneyland, he comes to me and says how we really need to go.

We talk about our next Disney World trip every single day. In fact, he and my oldest daughter pretty much decided the resort we're staying in.

Heh, I got a keeper :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter