How does your dh handle your obsession....

Well actually my hubby enjoys disney! He went several times growing up (10 times) and has always said that it is something that we would be doing on a yearly basis...I never FULLY understood until 2 years ago when we went for my 1st time on our honeymoon and I've been disney obessed ever since....:banana:

DH just rolls his eyes :rolleyes2 . But then he is a strategy gamer and that's what I do to him! :laughing: All's fair in love :love: and Disney ::MickeyMo (I didn't want to say "war", because that's not what it is! ;) )

Although, he is happy once we get to Disney because we have a detailed plans (he's into details). And knowing that I've researched everything ahead of time makes his more relaxed. He just follows along and has a good time. The first time he went to Disneyland with me he was amazed at just how much you could do in one day if you knew what's up!

I'm with some of you other folks. DH thinks I need some serious help! We visited for DH's first trip ever -- a whirlwind tour for the new year that was three parks in 2 and a half days after DH just got off working back-to-back 12 hour shifts and a drive from NC through the night. (I was seriously going to have a mental breakdown if we didn't get to go! Is that bad?) And one of those nights during our tour, MK was open until a record breaking 4am and I just HAD to be a part of that history! Now DH thinks we've been there done that, and he doesn't even want to go back and has no clue as to why I'm so in love with Disney! That trip cannot count!! It's just not fair! Sigh....

And I lost the basketball brackets, so no trip this year either.. What's a Disney girl to do?

My DH is about as equally obsessed.He did all the research to buy our DVC at SSR. He also booked all of our ADRs and even changed a couple to make our July trip more relaxing. He has been reading the DISboards for months and listens to the podcasts. Actually, he's probably more obsessed!
LOVE YOU, HONEY!
We're going by ourselves in July to celebrate our 10th anniversary (5 months early), and then we're taking our 2DDs and my parents the first week in December.
We're so excited our lodging is taken care of for a lifetime of trips and we won't have to go crazy making sure we hit every ride and attraction since we'll be back again in a year or so.
Our December trip will actually be our 3rd trip in 18 months!

Tracey

my dh is tons more obsessed than I am. He's been going to Disney World since the 1970's. I've only gone 5 times and didn't go for the first time until 7 years ago. I used to want to go other places for vacation and it was actually hard to handle dh's Disney obsession. I'd say "what about just spending a week at the beach?" or "Can't we go to Niagara Falls?" It was around my third trip to Disney when suddenly, I realized that I was "home" when walking down Main Stree USA... Now I crave Disney *almost* as much as dh does! lol

disney is ALL he talks about. every day he tinkers with out itinerary, reads new books on it, new boards, web sites!
his theory on planning,: Once the upcoming trip is planned, start planning the TRIP AFTER, so you won't be depressed when THIS trip is over!:rotfl:

Wow! This sounds like me. So now I know I am not alone! ::yes::

My husband was never really a Disney fan like I was. He indulges my obsession though because he knows it makes me happy. Who else would put up with me spewing usless Disney facts clear out of the blue nearly every day? :rotfl: His second trip ever was when we married at WDW. Since then, I have managed to get him to go to Disney for 2 or more family trips each year. He will never be the die hard fan like I am, but he knows this is my passion (and our kids passion). :earsgirl: :earsboy:

He loves Disney as well. Though he gets a bit sick of the play by plays especially this trip because it is a suprise for the kids. Course I do not gripe because he can handle my normal level of Disney addiction (which has spilled over into our kitchen and our pooh bathroom.)

This will be our first trip so I've been doing a tremendous amount of researching and planning. I think he thinks it's unnecessary, but we'll see when we get there and he won't have the first clue!! He has asked a few questions. I'm not sure if he really wants to know the answers or if he wanted to see how much planning I've done so far!! :) Either way, I'm excited and can't help but tell someone about my findings!! Good think my mom is going with us and she's just as excited as me!!

It took several years, my dh has reached my level of obsession. I still go to some extremes, but he no longer questions any of it. Happily along for the ride. I'm lucky :flower3:

Overall, he's okay with it. He jokes about it sometimes, but he can relate. He appreciates the deals I'm able to find. He doesn't get all that excited before we go, but once he's there, the kid comes out and he's running to get on Space Mountain, "One more time!" before MK closes at one am.

He also tries to keep me from overplanning and setting my expectations too high, especially where other family members are concerned. He's really good at mediating and helping to keep our group focused when we go. Everyone listens to him.

He also tries to keep me from overplanning and setting my expectations too high, especially where other family members are concerned.

This SOOOO sounds like me. My husband does the same thing too, he is always reminding me that we can't plan everything and I have learned to kind of go with the flow when we are on vacation. The group thing or when we bring along extended family makes me feel pressured to provide everyone with a good time. After coordinating my first group trip, I have resigned myself to the fact that you make your own good time and you just can't be responsible for everyone else's enjoyment. Even with a few hairy episodes at WDW, all my memories there are good and I can't wait to go back! (One more week!!!!) :woohoo:

I must say... another thing about my hubby...
He thinks I'm crazy crazy crazy because I'm so obcessed... until the second we arrive... then he turns into a disney lunatic! Usually when we arrive I want to check in, relax.. all he wants to do is immediately head over to the MK!!
But as soon as we get home... it's over for him
Hmmm very odd....

Hubby is just as obsessed as I am! We joke that we probably crossed paths there as kids, but never knew it. And when I met him, he was on vacation to go to Disney and was going to MGM with his mom and step-dad the day after our first date.

My dh went to Lowes with my oldest son. When they came home my son asked me what I had done to their dad because dh actually went to the paint department to see if the sold LGMH also. LOL I thought it was so sweet. Of course they didn't but he thought to do it on his own. Eventually all spouses come around. LOL

My husband does not like Disney. He lets me go because that is what I want to do and I enjoy it. Motorcycles are his Disney and that is what he does. That is the beautiful thing about a good marriage....you each have your own likes/dislikes and taking time apart makes being together more fun.

Like another poster my DH thinks I need mental help. I keep telling him he is lucky because I am low maintenance. I don't ask for Coach handbags or diamonds, I want vacations with my family. That is what matters to me.
The best thing I ever heard him say was right after the official opening of MK.
I reached down to pick up some streamers and he said, "Okay boys, this is where mom usually breaks out into a sprint, get ready!"
He knows me better than I thought he did!!

BTW, he loves to go to Disney too. He just wishes it wasn't so expensive to stay there.

Lisa

I am not as "obsessed" as some people might be. That being said DH is on board for any vacation. Disney, a cruise, skiing in the winter, Vegas. He does not care where we go as long as we go. I love Disney and he loves Disney too. Maybe not quite as much as me but who cares if he goes. He was the one who thought we needed more points in DVC. That is why we added on.

Like another poster my DH thinks I need mental help. I keep telling him he is lucky because I am low maintenance. I don't ask for Coach handbags or diamonds, I want vacations with my family. That is what matters to me.
The best thing I ever heard him say was right after the official opening of MK.
I reached down to pick up some streamers and he said, "Okay boys, this is where mom usually breaks out into a sprint, get ready!"
He knows me better than I thought he did!!

BTW, he loves to go to Disney too. He just wishes it wasn't so expensive to stay there.

Lisa

OMG!! This is me and my DH. He would say the exact same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter