How does your dh handle your obsession....

Like another poster my DH thinks I need mental help.
BTW, he loves to go to Disney too. He just wishes it wasn't so expensive to stay there.

Lisa

Add me to the looney bin! :lmao: My husband is the same about Disney...loves it, but hates the cost. He gets over it though cause it makes us so happy! :cool1:

My DH sees me:surfweb: on the computer and says "what ya doing, are you planning something for 3:00 in the morning?" I say yes, sleep! He calls WDW "just another amusement park" :sad2: He has never been and has no idea! (He did pick out his dancing man in my sig though!)

I hear ya,girl! My DH is a first timer and has no idea!! Yes, I like to plan....it keeps me from going crazy waiting on this trip to start!:rotfl:

Because he's just as obsessed as I am!! (or almost!!) ;) We're in the process of planning our Fall trip, and he's probably getting a teeny bit tired of my endless questions every night, BUT in the end, he always thanks me! :worship:

by the way, have patience with me; this is my FIRST post here, after reading for MONTHS!!! :) (now I just have to figure out all of those adorable siggy's!!!) ;)

by the way, have patience with me; this is my FIRST post here, after reading for MONTHS!!! :) (now I just have to figure out all of those adorable siggy's!!!) ;)

Don't worry, we were all new at some point. I think a majority of us lurked for a while before joining too. I'm learning new things about this board every day. Mostly, there are lots of nice, down to earth, helpful people on board. :welcome:

I'm one of the lucky ones...my dh fully supports and joins in my Disney addiction to the point it's become a hobby we both share and enjoy together.

A few weeks back we were feeling a little depressed about it being too long until our next trip. My dh decided to surprise me with a one week getaway to WDW in May and we're having a blast planning it together. :love:

with disney?? I dont think my dh would go to disney so many time a year. we do get to go next year and i am trying to decide where to stay this time for more for the kids. He will not talk about anything until next JUNE. He say its to early to talk about it. So i have to come here.:grouphug: There will be other family members going and they dont understand why i am planning so early. When they see all the work i done they will appreciate next year when we go. Tell me your story.

Let me tell you about my DH's transformation to a fellow Obsessed Mouse--
Before our first trip (Sept 2004), he did not understand my obsession.
After our trip, he could not stop talking about what we call "Disney details"--the cleanliness, the attitudes of the CM's, the way all CM's seem to appreciate you being their "guests", etc.

Before our second trip (Mar 2005), he couldn't wait to go, but still did not understand my obsession.
After our second trip, he couldn't stop talking about when we would go again.

Before our next trip (July 2006), he couldn't figure out how to fit in a quick trip to Disney around our son's baseball games--He figured out how to fit it in between out-of-town tournaments.
After that trip, he surprised me with an anniversary trip of my choosing for our 30th anniversary. Guess where I wanted to go--he guessed too--DISNEY. We will be visiting our home-away-from-home, the first week of December 2007. This was purposely scheduled so that I could feed my second obsession--Christmas.

And this all leads to his complete metamorphisis...last night we were discussing our retirement plans. Guess what he suggested we do when we retire? Move to Florida and get jobs at, where else, Disney. He wants to drive one of the resort buses. I think we would fit in great in Dixie Landings/Port Orleans since we are from Louisiana. He suggested I would be well suited to work at the resort desks with my business background (and I would still get to "dress up" which has always been a secret fantasy). Although retirement is still many years away (15-20), we are looking forward to the move, the visits from our children and future grandchildren, and the excitement that comes from being at Disney. ***Don't you think we'll be the "favorite" grandparents since we will be working with Mickey***

:earsboy: :earsgirl:

My hubby thought I was a freak at first when I found the DIS boards, thats all I talked about what I read on here Disney this Disney that , we can do this and that and this code ect ect. Well one day he was home and I was looking on the baords at the food pics at Disney and he was watching me from the other computer.. He asked me a question about something disney I said look it up on the dis boards urself, I took him to the main page and let him go and now I get phone calls from him from work reading to me stuff he is reading on here himself from work! LOL He has turned into a Disney freak just like me. He even called me last week when he discovered mousesavers and was calling telling me about the codes he found for car rentals LOL He also lives on the DVC boards reading all about that as he now wants to buy into that seeing as we go every year now!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I am glad he now loves it as much as me and I know I can always talk to him about it and he actually listens lol

Me and dh have been going through the same issues lately. We just got back from my first trip ever in early March. I was really down when I came back home so what else to do, but to start planning another one! We decided to wait until October for ds birthday, but that is the last my husband wants to hear about. If I even mention ADR's, Park hopper, emh's, characters, tours or anything of that nature his eyes just glaze over. I love him for our differences, but I am secretly hoping to turn him into a Disney lover as well. I think there is hope though, I caught him looking through Disney's Job site to see where the casting center is and what kind of positions would be open!

Thanks for making me feel better about myself. I am planning now and we go in October. This is our first trip. I can not believe the planning I have been doing.

Me and dh have been going through the same issues lately. We just got back from my first trip ever in early March. I was really down when I came back home so what else to do, but to start planning another one! We decided to wait until October for ds birthday, but that is the last my husband wants to hear about. If I even mention ADR's, Park hopper, emh's, characters, tours or anything of that nature his eyes just glaze over. I love him for our differences, but I am secretly hoping to turn him into a Disney lover as well. I think there is hope though, I caught him looking through Disney's Job site to see where the casting center is and what kind of positions would be open!

That is so cool that your husband is already open to another trip. I cannot get mine to go more than once a year. I, like you, became hooked after my first trip with our son in '99. We have gone yearly since then (except when I have been pregnant, I have really bad nausea my entire prenancies:(

It sounds like you are on the right track to making him a Disney Lover. That is precious that he was looking for Disney careers. My husband LOVES Disney too except he is getting a little worried lately he told me, because I won't stop talking about this Christmas trip and it is so far away. I keep planning and asking him where he wants to make ADR's for. He made the joke that he feels like he is living in groundhog day. (Because I talk about it every am when we drink our coffee and every night when we go to bed) He is really funny!

The Christmas trip is just really special to me, because I have always wanted to go at Christmas time. From what I understand and can imagine the parks are amazing. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year, plus we are going the first week of December which is my B-day. I AM SO EXCITED.

Your trip is not that far away at all! Have you been able to make your ADR's yet?

Mine is totally FOR my obsession!!

Anyone even moentions Disney, he gives them my cell phone number LOL!

We did our honey moon with very little planning, spent way too much money and have a lovely time. Fast forward to last year, we took our 3 kids, spent almost as much money, BUT stayed on property, got free DDP, and had 3 more mouths to feed! (Plus we stayed 6 days on property instead of 4 days off!).

This year (With even more research!) we have our airfare (About $1000 cheaper than last year so far!) and are staying at a moderate instead of a value. Since I saved so much on airfare, this trip is costing us about the same AGAIN! Its slightly more since we are paying OOP for the DDP and upgraded to PH+, but still.

DH LOVES telling others how "His wife" can get us to Disney with airfare, tickets, on property, transportation and food for way under the $5000 most of his friends spend on family vacations elsewhere!

He LOVES that he doesn't have to think (Other than "approving" the dates LOL!) and that my "plans" are flexible. I say "Would you prefer this or this? "Usually he has no opinion, so I do what I think it best. Sometimes his opinions surprise me, but I think I know him (And our kids) pretty well.

AND I've finally figured out some of his thought process so I can plant seeds nad then he will "magically" come up with a BRILLIANT idea for me to incorprate into our plans LOL!

I love this man!!!:love:

Yes to all of this. My DH knows that planning gives me immense pleasure, and, as it saves him from having to do all of the work himself, he's thrilled. We've both been huge Disney fans since childhood, so there never has been any disagreement about going to the parks. I'm now planning a trip for us and two other couples, with whom we have travelled to Disneyland many times. He's very proud that his wife is the one who just saved us hundreds on our hotel!

Your trip is not that far away at all! Have you been able to make your ADR's yet?

I understand about being pregnant that is what kept us from going last year, but hopefully our clan is as big as it is going to get! :rotfl: I haven't made my ADR's yet I think I have another week to go, but I already have list of first, second and third choices! My dh might be right I am a little obsessive. I feel better knowing I am in company here.:grouphug:

I understand about being pregnant that is what kept us from going last year, but hopefully our clan is as big as it is going to get! :rotfl: I haven't made my ADR's yet I think I have another week to go, but I already have list of first, second and third choices! My dh might be right I am a little obsessive. I feel better knowing I am in company here.:grouphug:

Yes we were both execting last year. My son, Caleb turns 11 months tomorrow! It has gone by so fast. He was 4 months when we took him during free dining last September. We did not go to the MNSSHP, but it was going on when we were there. It seemed like a lot of fun. Oh my goodness, trick or treating in the Magic Kingdom, WHAT COULD BE BETTER??!!! I am so surprised we did not go. Oh well, maybe another year, because I love going in October.

Yes, you are in good company being obsessive about Disney World. The feeling of being there with my children year after year cannot be put into words. I look at pictures and just cry, because the years have gone by so fast. It is worth every penny.

I tend to get very obsessed when I'm planning any kind of trip. My DH laughs at me, but more than once he's been very grateful for the information I've learned on a message board!

I am new to posting but a long time lurker. My first trip to WDW was in '87 with my husband, 3 year old daughter and in-laws. It was their treat (except for park tickets) and we stayed offsite at Arnold Palmers Bay Hill Club. Wow... What a trip! I fell sooooo hard for Disney...at 23! Well, long story short, we have never stayed onsite. Many one day trips while visiting the inlaws in Daytona; one awful 2 night stay at a Days Inn in 1994. Then last September as a gift for my daughter (for college graduation) we had a mom-daughter trip to POFQ w/ free DDP. I cannot stop obsessing! I got a Disney Visa, have made my ressies for Sept. 07 with my hubby. I am beyond excited. I have a job but on my off time all I want to talk about is this trip! My husband can't understand my entusiasum. But he's never stayed onsite... I am trying to tell him he'll be in for a big suprise!

I am new to posting but a long time lurker. My first trip to WDW was in '87 with my husband, 3 year old daughter and in-laws. It was their treat (except for park tickets) and we stayed offsite at Arnold Palmers Bay Hill Club. Wow... What a trip! I fell sooooo hard for Disney...at 23! Well, long story short, we have never stayed onsite. Many one day trips while visiting the inlaws in Daytona; one awful 2 night stay at a Days Inn in 1994. Then last September as a gift for my daughter (for college graduation) we had a mom-daughter trip to POFQ w/ free DDP. I cannot stop obsessing! I got a Disney Visa, have made my ressies for Sept. 07 with my hubby. I am beyond excited. I have a job but on my off time all I want to talk about is this trip! My husband can't understand my entusiasum. But he's never stayed onsite... I am trying to tell him he'll be in for a big suprise!

That sounds like so much fun! I am the same way. These trips are so much fun to plan. I am going at the Christmas season and I just cannot wait.

I know you are going to have such a special time:)

Thanks for responding IlovemythreeC's. I am quite computer illiterate and I appreciate your feedback. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter