How gay friendly is disney?

BarleyJack

<font color=peach>And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you
Sorry for what may be a stupid question, but my partner and I are headed down there for our first trip not only as a couple but first time since coming out (neither of us have been in over 20 yrs). We currently live in TN which isn't the gay friendliest of places, so have adjusted to being, let's say, subtle. Was just wondering if that is necessary while at WDW. Thanks for the advice ahead of time!

Disney is very gay friendly!

I've seen two men walking around in groom hats, two women with Minnie veils, partners with "Our Anniversary" pins!

Sure there is the occasional guest who will give you a second look, but overall the guests don't even notice!

The staff couldn't be better! They don't even bat an eye, and truth be told, sometimes you can get even better service from other "Family Members". :lmao:

(Hey, ya take care of your own right?):thumbsup2

We have been going to WDW as a couple since 1997, and we find Disney to be extremely gay friendly. When we joined DVC in 2000, and our sales person didn't bat an eye. As OrlandoMike said, there are definitely a LOT of gay and gay-friendly cast members. You'll be pleasantly surprised with how comfortable it is for gay couples to be themselves.

Not to mention something like half of all disney CMs are gay... LOL

I would say very gay friendly......I saw my two men friends get an upgrade as they came in the door as they were so excited and animated, the greeter stopped them and talked to them, they were so happy to be there, they got an upgrade at the door......Now I am sure it was because they were so excited and upbeat to be there and not because they were gay, but it certainly was friendly of Disney to do that.

Yeah, they're very gay friendly. When my bf and I checked in last time, they went out of their way to get us a King room and on a previous trip a CM picked up on us being a couple and recommended we hit Mannequins on Thurs night. :)

Just to echo everyone else, its very gay friendly. My boyfriend and I have been several times and have never had a problem. We even had a birthday dinner at Victoria & Alberts one year (which is a very intimate restaurant) and the staff didn't even bat an eye.

One of my straight friends that I travel with a lot claims we always get the "gay upgrade" when we check in together. I'm not sure I buy it - I think room assignments are often made before you arrive. However, the last time we were there together, we did get upgraded (with a gay CM at the front desk) to the concierge floor at Contemporary.

My perspective is a bit skewed at the moment. To me it feels like Disney is VERY VERY gay friendly. But we're in the planning stages of our commitment ceremony (Or as I've started calling it: "Our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding") So all of my experiences lately have been seen throught the "they're letting us do this!" excitement. Of course, the fact that they've recently opened Disney Fairy Tale Weddings opportunities up to gays and lesbians is in itself an excellent sign of how gay friendly it is.

Thanks so much for all the responses, we really appreciate it!

My perspective is a bit skewed at the moment. To me it feels like Disney is VERY VERY gay friendly. But we're in the planning stages of our commitment ceremony (Or as I've started calling it: "Our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding") So all of my experiences lately have been seen throught the "they're letting us do this!" excitement. Of course, the fact that they've recently opened Disney Fairy Tale Weddings opportunities up to gays and lesbians is in itself an excellent sign of how gay friendly it is.

Woo-Hoo! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!​

Disney is very gay friendly. We have booked rooms on a number of occasions with a king bed.....never a fuss. I have never once felt that any of the CM's treated us with anything less than the level of respect that any human being should expect. We are just back from a our trip and were blessed with major pixie dust. We were upgraded to concierge level at the Poly! :woohoo: We had a wonderful time. I can't wait to get back. Maggie

Maggie,

Aint that pixie dust great!pixiedust:

Did you ever write a Trip Report?

Pixie dust rocks! Trip report coming soon. Too much stuff to play catch up on and over 100 photos on the old Photo Pass to edit....not to mention playing suck up to our 3 cats and 3 dogs that were without us for about 10 days. Maggie

Several of you have had upgrades....how do you get an upgrade? Do you ask for one, or just hope for one?

Several of you have had upgrades....how do you get an upgrade? Do you ask for one, or just hope for one?

Put your tiara on, slam your carry on luggage on the check in counter, and proudly proclaim "I have arrived!" :lmao:

Thanks for reminding me. I nearly forgot the tiara on my packing list. :scared1:

BWWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lmao: :rotfl:

One thing first!!! If you do that... let me know so I can be there to see it! :rotfl: :laughing:

i went with my partner and we were treated great. next trip is with kids so it will be different but they r older so that is good and me by myself. :scared1:
u should have no concerns of going there with your partner, just go and have a great time.

any problems find me at POR. I will take care of it. :rotfl2:

i went with my partner and we were treated great. next trip is with kids so it will be different but they r older so that is good and me by myself. :scared1:
u should have no concerns of going there with your partner, just go and have a great time.

any problems find me at POR. I will take care of it. :rotfl2:

We're going to be at POR as well. Jan 19-26

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter