Hurricane watch 2018

So checking back in. Anyone else leaving in a week or so and obsessed with watching tropical storms and hurricanes out in the Atlantic right now? Things are pretty uncertain right now and as a planner it's making be crazy.

Meeee! :wave2:

My mom and I fly out next Wednesday (9/12) from California and I'm just hoping if anything is going to happen, it's after we get there. haha

So checking back in. Anyone else leaving in a week or so and obsessed with watching tropical storms and hurricanes out in the Atlantic right now? Things are pretty uncertain right now and as a planner it's making be crazy.

Yes. We leave next Friday. I wish we could leave earlier!

Yes. We leave next Friday. I wish we could leave earlier!

We leave next week early AM Saturday morning. Driving from Chicago. I'm willing to leave early evening next Friday instead to out race any storms if I have to. I'm worried about the drive back though too a week later.

As of 6 Sep, 11:00, this is a good representation on current model tracks for Florence... the bold lines are the averages. Odds are still in our favor

OMKN2CYZVU2HPDT3UCQH4IDWHA.png

We sail out of NYC this Sunday to Bermuda -- and apparently Florence is supposed to hit by Tuesday or Wednesday (when we're supposed to dock). So right now we are in cruise limbo!

Yes and I'm definitely letting it get to me :crazy2: :rolleyes2 Just have to remember it will be what it will be and I can't do anything about it.

We leave on Wednesday and I’m not too worried about it. But I am keeping on eye on the forecasts. I’m actually more worried about the heat and humidity. We were there two years ago just before Mathew and it got very humid ahead of the hurricane.

From a Wash Post update, 5PM today... "Since 1851, 67 named storms have passed within 200 nautical miles of Florence’s present location, and not a single one has ever hit the United States. So if this one does, it would be a remarkable outlier"

Hope I didn't just jinx us

Yes and I'm definitely letting it get to me :crazy2: :rolleyes2 Just have to remember it will be what it will be and I can't do anything about it.

Same here - fretting about losing out on DAH on 9/20. I wouldn’t care so much about rescheduling because I’m a FL resident passholder, but something tells me I’d be eating the cost of the event ticket if I decided not to go due to an impending storm. I think I’ll call tomorrow to see what my options are.

UGH -- got word from NCL that instead of sailing to Bermuda, they are taking us to Port Canaveral, Nassau and their island. Why they didn't go to New England/Canada is very disappointing. We personally think they could have waited a day to make a decision. The storm factors are still changing. Oh well.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter