I hate the new Promotion!

If I hadn't won yet, I'd feel the same way, but I've become an expert in how to win and have won 7 dream fast passes, 1 dream ear(s), and numerous magical moments and I don't want it to stop (I've never been to a park and NOT seen the dream squad)! But it also will be somewhat of a relief to just go and relax!

Expert??? Care to share??? We'd LOVE to win a dream on our December trip!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :banana:

Yet the only thing they recognize is the Birthday. People can get a certified copy of Marriage License etc so they can prove anniversary date etc as well. It is a bad promotion and basically only for those that live near WDW so they can go on their birthday, it kind of leaves all others out. Many people like to go for other reasons to celebrate which seemed to be their theme. But if you are celebrating anything else they want you to pay for those celebrations. Just drop the "free" things and bring prices back down like previous poster said, so people can go and enjoy Disney more.:goodvibes

Yet the only thing they recognize is the Birthday. People can get a certified copy of Marriage License etc so they can prove anniversary date etc as well. It is a bad promotion and basically only for those that live near WDW so they can go on their birthday, it kind of leaves all others out. Many people like to go for other reasons to celebrate which seemed to be their theme. But if you are celebrating anything else they want you to pay for those celebrations. Just drop the "free" things and bring prices back down like previous poster said, so people can go and enjoy Disney more.:goodvibes

I am thinking the same about the promo. Those that live very close will benefit the most.

I am thinking the same about the promo. Those that live very close will benefit the most.

Yea now that I think about it. I'd really like for my whole family to go on a trip again together but we can't afford to go as a full group. We have to split ourselves in half and go on separate trips if we want to go at all :sad1: .
Oh economy...lol.

The commercials aren't that great either. I remember the YOAMD commercials and how I would tear up watching them before I went to do my CP this past spring.

I was confused on this at first since WDW does ask the question.

Everyone has a birthday. Not everyone is married.

They're kind of hoping that this will be an extra incentive for people to plan a trip that includes their birthday. I don't think it's much of an incentive. I will be arriving three days after mine. This promotion doesn't entice me to extend my trip for three days.

indigoxtreme said:
Their Promo is "What will you Celebrate"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet the only thing they recognize is the Birthday. People can get a certified copy of Marriage License etc so they can prove anniversary date etc as well. It is a bad promotion
100% disagree. Every human being has a birthday. NOT everyone is married (therefore no anniversary), or getting married in 2009, or even old enough to get married.

While Disney will be offering a variety of options that Guests can purchase to celebrate what they're celebrating, with the promotion itself set the way it is, they ensure that each Guest is eligible for one, and only one, gift - single-day admission, special fastpass, giftcard.

It's not Disney's responsibility or fault that not every potential Guest CAN time their visit to best benefit from this promotion; but that's exactly what it is - a promotion, designed to entice visitors, just like free dining. Not every potential Guest can visit at the right time for that, either.

The one thing I don't like about the commercials is they are making my kids more sure they can go on their birthdays. My son was there for his birthday last year, and now they all think we can just run off to WDW for birthdays. After that commerical my DD5 was in tears because I told her we could not go on her birthday. (April baby, school and no days off)

Now the fairness of this promotion is no more or less than any promotion. Some people will not be able to take advantage of any promotion. If you want it to be fair we'd have to do away with any and all future promotions. Maybe that is best, but its not gonna happen because promotions bring in more people and money.

I totally agree with this, 95 % of visitors going to Disney will not go on their birthday.... this promotion makes no sense to me, however I will be there on my wedding anniversary but that gets me nothing, just time with my wife....

I don't win. I try, I go a lot, I know what the dream squad looks like, I look and stress and loose some of my fun by constently looking for them but I don't win. :confused3

I'm an annual passholder so I will get a card for the amount of a one day base ticket for my birthday. I think this is going to be the only way I can get something. :cool1:

I also live close so I hope to take all of my freinds on their birthdays with me so they can go for free with me getting in with my pass.

I hope to make up for 2 1/2 years of only getting one set of ears. I would love to have gotten a lanyard. Maybe I will buy one with my gift card on my b-day in 2009. I agree with the post I would feel differently had I won but over 20 visits didn't get me as much as many of you with a few day visit.

It is a bad promotion and basically only for those that live near WDW so they can go on their birthday

Hmmm, I live in Canada (something like 1400 miles from Disney :eek: ) and we're taking advantage of the promotion on our trip this January. Our DS turns 13 while we're there, and I think the "what will you celebrate" theme sounds like fun. I definitely don't get the impression that the promotion is geared only for the locals.

I don't like the Birthday celebration thing either. I've never been to YOAMD but I can tell you that going on any of our birthdays. We are going to 'celebrate' my birthday in January but my actual birthday is Feb. DH can't get off work in Feb ever and his birthday is in July and who want so go in July when it's hot and when resort rates are soooooooo high.

I hate the NEW promotion. I have had my vacation to WDW set for about 5 months. TO change it now would cost me a few hundred dollars. My birthday is what we are celebrating in WDW, and I miss it by 6 days. It isn't fair that early January birthday people, unless they live in Florida or are last minute can't do the promotion. THAT BEING SAID....what they say goes and no amount of complaining is going to make a difference, so I am going and having a great time no matter what! I went during YOAMD twice once with each of my twin daughters. With one we got Dream passes, with the other we got nothing....both trips were magical and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I didn't go to the parks looking for a freebie...I went to have a great time with my kid. The rest was icing on the cake!

Hmmm, I live in Canada (something like 1400 miles from Disney :eek: ) and we're taking advantage of the promotion on our trip this January. Our DS turns 13 while we're there, and I think the "what will you celebrate" theme sounds like fun. I definitely don't get the impression that the promotion is geared only for the locals.

I agree! We are going for my birthday in September. Yes, it sucks if your birthday is during the peak season, but at least you KNOW something special will happen rather than just HOPING something happens (which it never did) with YOMD.

I am confused so if you buy at 5 day ticket and your birthday is during that time you get what 3.00 off??????? Or your whole park tickets

You will not get anything "off" your ticket. You will get a one-day ticket. If that doesn't fit with your plans (e.g. if you have a multi-day ticket already) you can choose between a special six-person FastPass for the day, or a gift card equal in value to a single-day admission. The entire card must be spent THAT day, and not on food. Any value not spent is lost.

I guess I just don't understand why everyone thinks going to WDW should be about what you get or don't get. Before YOAMD, going to Disney was about just that. The excitement of a wonderful vacation. And why does the new Celebration promotion have to be about "Disney's poor judgement because only locals can benefit". The promo is "what will you celebrate?" For anyone, at any time. The park decorations are geared to be a happy party celebration. So taking someone to Disney for the first time is a magical celebration. Getting engaged is a celebration. Getting a new job could be a celebration. Every day is a celebration of something and walking through the gates to a happy, party celebration atmosphere is what we all need. I'm sure the birthday extra was given because so many people do celebrate birthdays there. I had already planned my sisters birthday trip long before the promotion came out. Will the ticket benefit us? No, because we have already purchased park hoppers for the week. But she is so excited that Disney is promoting this celebration, because it makes this, her first visit really extra special. It's like this is her year. Finally at age 32 she gets to go to Disney! Why is it so many hate the promo because it won't benefit them? If you get to go to WDW, celebrate the fact you can! I'm looking forward to watching the celebrations happening around me. In this time when so many are losing their jobs and others have lost their retirement and college funds, what better time for a trip to Disney to remind us we all have something to celebrate no matter how small. One days admission may be very important to someone who might not otherwise be able to go to WDW, but for most on these boards, it isn't going to defer our next trips much. So, really, what is so wrong with the new promo?

I guess I just don't understand why everyone thinks going to WDW should be about what you get or don't get. Before YOAMD, going to Disney was about just that. The excitement of a wonderful vacation. And why does the new Celebration promotion have to be about "Disney's poor judgement because only locals can benefit". The promo is "what will you celebrate?" For anyone, at any time. The park decorations are geared to be a happy party celebration. So taking someone to Disney for the first time is a magical celebration. Getting engaged is a celebration. Getting a new job could be a celebration. Every day is a celebration of something and walking through the gates to a happy, party celebration atmosphere is what we all need. I'm sure the birthday extra was given because so many people do celebrate birthdays there. I had already planned my sisters birthday trip long before the promotion came out. Will the ticket benefit us? No, because we have already purchased park hoppers for the week. But she is so excited that Disney is promoting this celebration, because it makes this, her first visit really extra special. It's like this is her year. Finally at age 32 she gets to go to Disney! Why is it so many hate the promo because it won't benefit them? If you get to go to WDW, celebrate the fact you can! I'm looking forward to watching the celebrations happening around me. In this time when so many are losing their jobs and others have lost their retirement and college funds, what better time for a trip to Disney to remind us we all have something to celebrate no matter how small. One days admission may be very important to someone who might not otherwise be able to go to WDW, but for most on these boards, it isn't going to defer our next trips much. So, really, what is so wrong with the new promo?

Well said! :goodvibes

I neither love nor hate the new promotion. It would be nice if other celebrations could be recognized with a pin or a fastpass, especially since the're asking "what will you celebrate?"

Cool celebration idea - the sum of the ages in my brother's family will be 100 in 2009, so they're celebrating at WDW! They aren't expecting to get something for nothing, just celebrating for the sake of celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter